while we're on the subject.......

JC

while where on the subject of the greatest wrestlemania matches...what in your honest opinion is your most favourite match of ALL TIME..or if you can't choose a winner without mentioning a few others put your top 3 or 5 :xyx

For me:

1) Rock Vs Austin - WM 17 - again for the reasons in the wrestlemania 17 thread.

2) HHH Vs Cactus Jack - RR 00 So many reasons for this match being so good.

3) Bret Hart Vs Austin - WM 13

4) Hulk Hogan Vs Rock - WM 18

5) Y2J Vs Rock - No Mercy 2001

This list could change on a daily basis, not the top 5, but the lower ones. I couldn't seperate these matches, so it's a top 12(?), sorry.

1) Hogan vs Rock on atmosphere alone. Made me feel like I did watching WM6 and WM7 when I was 11yo.

2) RVD vs Balls Mahoney, IMO a great showcase for both men.

3) Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit, pick any of their matches, from steel cages, submission matches, to my fave, the Royal Rumble Classic

4) Shawn Michaels vs HHH, again anyone of their matches since Shawn's return. The first one at SS was amazing, the first Elimination Chamber match, the last man standing match, both 3-ways, and for me the Taboo Tuesday match. The match that showed Shawn Michaels in a new lighjt. Fighting against a legit knee injury, him and the Game had a great match with psychology and emotion, a good heel turn and a lllloooooonnnnngggggg overdue standing ovation for HBK.

5) HBK vs Austin at WM14. Another gutsy performance by HBK and the rise of 3:16. "I don't lay down for anybody"

"I ain't asking ya ta lay down,

I'm gonna knock ya down" Class

6) Bossman vs Mr Perfect just a good match

7) Warrior v Savage at WM7. The first WWF match I can remember seeing and just going "WOW". I honestly watched that match 6 times in a row before continuing with the PPV.

8) Taker vs Kane at WM20. The return was enough for me here.

9) Tommy Dreamer vs Taz. This was for the ECW title and makes it for the emotional value of Tommy finally winning the title

10) Rhino vs Sandman. This is ECW hardcore wrestling, not everyone's cuppatea but great IMO. From Goring and piledriving Sandman's wife through tables to the insane action between the ropes, I loved this stuff.

11) Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka. Jap hardcore in ECW. This is how tables are to be broken. (Are you listening Dudleys?)

12) Kane vs Raven vs Big Show. The greatest (unintentional) comedy match ever. If you haven't seen it, go to the loo beforehand or you'll be sittin' in a puddle.

just my opinions, Bub.

lol HDC

in order my five gratest matches of all time are

1)ric flair vs rick steamboat(wrestlewar)

2)ric flair vs terry funk(clash of the champions ix)

3)hhh vs cactus jack (royal rumble 00)

4)hhh vs hbk(hell in a cell at badd blood)

5)hbk vs undertaker hell in a cell

1) The Rock vs Hulk Hogan - i agree with Draven the atmosphere was great plus two icons in the same ring together also i am the biggest Dwayne fan on earth

2) HHH vs HBK - on Raw cant remember what date it was but it was for he WHT when they both landed on thier shoulders and eric bischoff reversed the decision great match

3) Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle - iron man match again i cant remember the date but it was for the WWE Champion ship great match again

4) The Rock vs Booker T - Summerslam 2001 thought it was simply electrifying

5) The Rock vs Brock Lesnar - Summerslam 2002 reasons the same as above the icon passing the torch to a newcomer

My fave matches of all time ( and I'm limiting myself to 5 but in no particular order )

Hogan vs Warrior - WM VI

Mankind vs Undertaker HIAC (the one where Foley goes off the top)

Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat - WMIII

E & C vs Hardyz vs Dudleyz - TLC 1

Shawn Michaels vs Steve Austin - WM 13

Ladies and Gentleman he said Mania matches....

1)Savage v Steamboat from WMIII

2)Bret v Austin WM XIII

3)TLC II WM X7

4)Angle v Lesnar WM XIX

5)Savage v Warrior... forgot the mania but not the match...

He CLEARLY did,nt say Mania matches as he has a match from No Mercy and one from Royal Rumble in his original post!!!!!

Whoops, its late, my eyes hurt, my apologies...

1) Misawa v Kobashi, 1997, Triple Crown, Kobashi defending...

2) Misawa v Kawada, 1994, Triple Crown, Misawa defending...

3) Bret v Owen, Summerslam 1994, Cage match

4) Steamboat v Flair, 1989, Chi Town Rumble

5) Liger v Great Sasuke, 1993 Super J Cup Semi Finals

Whoops, its late, my eyes hurt, my apologies...

1) Misawa v Kobashi, 1997, Triple Crown, Kobashi defending...

2) Misawa v Kawada, 1994, Triple Crown, Misawa defending...

3) Bret v Owen, Summerslam 1994, Cage match

4) Steamboat v Flair, 1989, Chi Town Rumble

5) Liger v Great Sasuke, 1993 Super J Cup Semi Finals

My eyes hurt too, but if we are including Japan Matches:

1) Misawa vs. Kobashi, Jan '97

2) Misawa vs. Kobashi, Oct '97

3) Lyger vs. The Great Sasuke, Super J '94

4) Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio Jr, Halloween Havoc '97

5) Kobashi & Misawa vs. The Holy Demon Army (Kawada & Taue), June 95