Theodore R (Teddy) Long

Spiritchaser

:xyx

Hey Folks,

Just a thread about the GMship of Teddy and whether you think he is a good GM or not.

I personally have always liked Teddy, even when he managed Butch Reed and Ron Simmons as Doom. He always had a good personality and the character he played as manager of Doom was superb.

Move on though and when I first saw him refereeing in WWE I was very surprised by that move and could not understand how the WWE would not use a talent like Teddy in a managerial context, his mic skills are and were excellent.

So I was very pleased when he was made GM of SmackDown and up to now I think he is doing a good job in that capacity. He is probably the best GM SmackDown has had, because even Stephanie had problems, the Heyman and Lesnar screwing everyone about and Kurt playing power games also hurt IMO the product.

Now though there is a modicum of fairness and control and I think Teddy has earned the respect of the boys in the back over the years and that is why they are putting out a better product than say last year.

In fact with the tweener turn of Bischoff I think the WWE is a fairer place than it has been for a long time, in fact probably since either Austin's time or since Linda McMahon would turn up unannounced.

So, what do you think of Teddy?

Spiritchaser

Holla :thumbsup

I totally agree with you. I was get sick and tired, of the evil owner type gimmick. I mean it first came about in WWE in what 1998, and it was still being pushed now, so it was very tired and over played. I'd said a zillion times, just either don't have anyone, or have someone who's fair, and now they have and personally I much prefer it, because it means wrestlers can do what they want, and angle's don't rely on, being against the evil owner, and all that nonsense.

nice play on words! :)

i agree completely, at first i was suspiciousof what angle they were gonna approch with him, as people have mentioned the evil boss thing is gettin mighty old mighty quickly! Hes always been top notch with a mic, and his return from refing was a breath of fresh air, especially with the lack of competant valets in the business at the moment.

However he did seem to get shoved with no mark/unlucky wrestlers. D Lo was gone before they could really strike up a quality relatinship on screen, Rodney Macks gimmick of bein th esupressed black man (when he clearly isnt actually black) was laughable, Jazz never clicked in a WWE ring (IMO anyway) and the jindrack on smackdown thing, whilst it had potential, seemed more like Jindrak wanted to develop himself rather than have someone talk for him (which didnt work as now hes angles bum boy)

so the loss of long as a manager, i reackon was by far outweighed by his gain as a GM. He immediatly commanded respect despite his mediocre position in the company prior to the angle, his mic skills are as refreshing and enjoyable as ever, and he has one of the coolest catchphrases inthe company

believe that player

I definatly back the ma........long

Well, I personally liked Paul Heyman better, but it's better to have Heyman as a manager and Long as a GM than the other way around, cause Heyman is a better heel, and faces never have managers anymore.

So while he's not a Heyman or Bischoff, I would take Heyman over Steph any day of the week. And maybe Kurt as well.