*** Official Raw Thread - 29th November ***

Kam

Preview:

GM ORTON CREATES HISTORIC BATTLE

NOV. 29, 2004

Next week is Randy Orton’s chance in the General Manager’s position, which is certainly far from good news for Triple H. With the World Heavyweight Championship on the line in a battle royal, any one of more than 20 Superstars have a chance to walk out of Raw with Triple H’s title in tow. That includes Batista and Ric Flair, Triple H’s two Evolution stable-mates!

Flair perhaps has a unique advantage in the battle royal. He is the only Superstar participating who has walked out of such a match with the gold around his waist. Will the Nature Boy be able to make it 17 World Championships?

For competitors like Steven Richards, Val Venis, Tyson Tomko and others, the battle royal represents a unique opportunity they might have otherwise had to wait years to achieve. And for the likes of Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Maven and so many other Superstars who have a bone to pick with the Cerebral Assassin, the match is the ultimate chance for payback.

Plus, what might Trish Stratus do to avenge the humiliation and pain she suffered at the hands of Lita? Who will be the next unfortunate victim in Gene Snitsky’s path? And what more might we find out about the bitter and dangerous Muhhammad Hassan?

Who the **** IS THE CHAMPION?

Now I'm confused. I just hope they have genuinely taken the title from HHH or this will end up a complete sell out.

I'm still sceptical about this whole thing... just seems a bit confusing and pointless, and changing the booking after every fan was expecting a battle royal for the title was a bit cheap I think.

Still... interesting Raw, wonder how things will develop.

Guest Razmataz

I GOT POINTS

Although, the result of this weeks RAW was a bit confusing, it allowed me to gain a lot of points in my WWE fantasy league. I have both Benoit and Edge, and with 50 points each for a battle royal win, and a further 50 points each for a Title win, I got 200 points for both altogether. So as far as storylines go it might not have been a great way to go, but on a personal level, I liked it a lot.

What was good on RAW:

1. Women's Tag Team Match. Even though Victoria carried it by herself, this Lita push is great, and this was maybe the match of the evening.

2. Eugene. Nick Dinsmore is a really great actor, everything Eugene does is so complete and well done, I'm loving it.

3. The lack of Triple H. A short backstage vignette and a match.. incredible..

What was BAAAD on RAW:

1. Lingere Fashion Show... come on.. worthess crap.. you could've had another match instead. Melina Perez is actually a wrestler, not a stripper.

2. False advertisement. Randy Orton made a Battle Royal for the title last week, and now they just changed it like that? And Orton accepts it? It was probably a good thing, as having Triple H win would have been disastrous, but they should have thought about that before they had Orton make the match.

3. Battle Royal draws.... getting really lame.. its not more than a year since last time with Benoit and Cena. Do they think the fans have that short a memory?

4. Randy Orton may very well be the next big thing, but he really blew it by saying that Eugene and Regal was fighting La Resistance for the World Heavyweight Title.

5. The end of the main event got really screwed up, with the ref counting Benoit waaaay before Edge tapping.. so they basically have to give Edge the belt now. But they will probably just have a rematch with all 3 involved... dreadful thought..

so anyway.. that's my thoughts on this RAW.. quite horrible..

All of that was outweighed by the fact not only was Stevie Richards in his third number one contenders match this year, not only was he name checked by the owner, but he got into the last six on the back of it. Its all I ask for, he was made to look a nitwit but at least hes on tv and showing his face. His funky new red tights and his new shiny pair of boots topped it off.

Personally I didn't like the Maven heel turn, just seemed very cheesy and predictable after the backstage segment. But kudos for them to try and add some kind of purpose to Maven, and I think you are right in the thinking Trellian that they went the way they did so Maven did not have to be in Evolution. He can go the whole Christian route of the whole world hates me, then if he flops they can bring back Al Snow after TE finishes or someone else to play the mentor and turn him face again. Again like Christian with DDP.

I really hope so. I have be re-watching the ending, and it's nowhere as bad as some newssites reported. Edge is tapping right before the 3, so the confusion is valid. Still don't think they will leave Triple H out of the picture though.

But wait a minute, isn't it Jericho's turn to be GM? Then he could have Edge vs Benoit for the title as an opener, and himself vs the winner as main event :)

And book Triple H vs Gene Snitsky!!

I'm not sure WWE will show it too often, the finish that is. I thought straight away that it was obvious that Benoit had won.

The belt will obviously go back to Triple H because there was no decisive finish. It'd be good if they had Benoit and Edge battle for the belt as has been mentioned then give Edge the title. Benoit's never going to get it but it would be nice to see another heel having the belt. I don't think a heel not called "Triple H" has ever held this current title on Raw and when you consider it has been active now for a while, is totally ridiculous.

I enjoyed Raw again this week.

Loved the battle royal, espically the Batista/Snitsky stare down and them eliminating half the roster, loved Batista elimanating Flair to a big pop. Surprisingly it seemed the crowd were behind both Batista and Snitsky, booing when Benoit, Shelton, Eugene etc broke up there brawl and booing when each man got eliminated. Dissapointed Batista didnt win it, oh well we've seen that finished before, Triple Threat match loomed i guess.

I like Edge's new gimmick, i love his insane ''I wont my title shot'' rants, mind you not as good as the Bulldog's "AH WONTTTT MAH TAHTLE SHAWTTT!!!" rants back in '99.

The main event was awesome, probably in my top 10 greatest Raw matches ever. I thought Edge had won the title for a second, as i never seen him tap. Anyway i bet on Raw, HHH will come out and say he never got beat, and there was no clear winner, therefore its a draw and the champion should retain. I hope im wrong though, Hopefully this will stay grey for a while, and Triple H will only be Champion by name, and not by having the title around his waist. Hopefully they keep it going for a while longer.

Good Show.

A very good Raw again this week, with some great matches. The battle royal was good, as was the tag match. I was surprised at the legends match, as the King was very good, of course Ric was his usual slothlike self. I do think that Randys little getogether of the "divas" should have either been shorter or not there at all. It took up loads of time which could have been used productively elsewhere. The main event was a great match, and i cant wait for next week to see how it all plays out.

And one other thing, GO MAVEN!!!

OK, hows this for an idea. The entire show is given to Hunter whining like a b*tch about not actually losing the title. They announce a singles match between Edge and Benoit on that same RAW for the title. (As Jericho is GM, it wouldn't make sense to have Trippers there as well. Jericho would never let him). Anyway, the match plays out, and at the end, in your classic referee and both guys down scenario, HHH comes down to the ring with vengence on his mind. As does Jericho, then Batista and Flair, then Orton. You get the idea. After pretty much everyones been knocked down, Edge stands up, and stares at the only other man standing, Triple H. Then, Hunter pedigrees Benoit. Edge is the champ right? Nope, as the ref saw it. His look of confusion turns into a grin. He picks up the belt, and gives it to Hunter. Then, who comes out? But Bischoff, who takes the GMship away from Jericho and announces Triple H as still champion. Who also has a new member of Evolution.