Tazz

Bob Holly

Valbowski

Saturn

Free Agents

HHH

Jazz

Austin

So the nWo vs Rock/Hogan feud really lasted long and why has Vince the cruisers he hates them?

Hmmm, not quite what I was expecting.

My initial thoughts are as follows.

Splitting up the Dudleys I feel was a huge mistake. The sum of the individual parts are much greater than either on their own in my opinion. I don't think Bubba or D-Von are singles material.

Tommy Dreamer could be getting some TV time soon. That can only be a good thing. Raven on the same roster, could they get a decent feud out of them?

I don't think Vince getting all the Cruiserweights is a problem. Sure he's not their biggest fan, but these aren't actually going to be booked by Vince and Flair behind the scenes. The same booking team will be dealing with both shows from what I've read.

Who are the nWo going to feud with? Taker's heel so maybe RVD, Kane and the Hardys? Not quite what they were bought in to do surely.

I think I prefer the Smackdown roster. Benoit/Edge/Test/Angle/Jericho/Storm/DDP/Christian any combination of these would make great feuds.

Rhyno and Kanyon, two guys I can't wait to see back. Where will they fit in?

Finally, I do hope this turns out to be as much of a behind the scenes reality rather than a on air storyline. So far it's gone from running WWF and WCW as two separate entities, right down an on air feud between Flair and McMahon. Lets hope they do keep this one going. I don't want all its credibility runied too quickly by for instance, the nWo turning up on Smackdown attacking Rock and Hogan and infiltrating McMahon's show. Or McMahon sending in guys on a Monday night to damage Flair's roster etc. If that ends up happening then what was the point in all this? I do hope it doesn't, but I'm undecided yet as to whether I feel that's a possibility.

Guest Alliance Mark
The next few shows are going to be based around swapping/trading wrestlers. Don't be suprised if some tagteams end up back together.

Yeah this is the bit I don't want to see. Trading talent etc. It has the potential to become too much of a storyline, rather than an actual company split.

I mentioned Kanyon and Rhyno, but the omissions as previously mentioned of Awesome, Morrus and Chavo are a huge disappointment too.

i do wonder y chavo wasnt picked

with awesome ok, he's injured and not liked much

kanyon= injured

morrus= maybe told to lose weight

godfather= im glad he wasnt picked, useless piece of terd

but as for chavo, well he did tough enough, is like well liked, cracking worker, good charisma, and with this push of the cruiser division, cud surely play an intergral part in that, yet he's not drafted?!

damn that wwf

the injured guys i suppose you can worry about when they come back, and the godfather would be better off burning in hell than on WWF television.

Chavo is a strange one though. given the choice. Chavo or Crash Holly? Chavo or the Bossman?

intresting notes:

Jericho was picked 13th - not a good sign

Kane seems to be the strongest babyface in Raw - finaily kane could be getting a push

APA being split up - well...maybe it's for the best

Dudleyz being split up - not a good idea

Mark henry being picked 9th - i see big plans for him

Guest Alliance Mark
Jericho was picked 13th in a "lottery" that was held after the show. He couldn't be picked on the show because they had to wait until after the title match was over because the champ is on both shows.

Mark henry being picked 9th - i see big plans for him

Good God, please no.

Jericho was picked 13th - not a good sign

really don't think it had any relevance at all, as it said previously they couldn't pick him earlier on.

Kane seems to be the strongest babyface in Raw - finaily kane could be getting a push

If the Raw roster stays as it is, and I don't think it will, Kane probably won't be the main babyface. I'd imagine they'd turn a guy like Booker face, or maybe even taker down the road once his feud with Flair is over. I'd love to see him the top face main eventing Raw, but I just don't think Vince sees him as the promotion/show carrying superstar that I think he can be.

Guest Dean Douglas

I sincerely hope Mark was right about the trading.

To me it looks like Vince has taken all the biggest draws, (Rock, Hogan), best wrestlers, (Benoit, Angle, etc), and high potential talent, (Edge, Maven, etc), to make "his" Smackdown an entertaining show due to the wrestling drawing huge ratings while "Flair's" Raw gets mostly women, utterly useless lugs, (Bossman, Nash, Big Show, etc, etc, etc), and octogenarians with a decidely non WWF wrestling style, (Regal, Mr P) with a few possibly entertaining wrestlers as lip service. The end result of Vince's master plan will be Smackdown being wildly popular and Raw getting bad reviews left, right and centre, Vince McSatan, (Credit Paul E.), can then use this to say that the fans want to see him and that the WWF needs his family while Flair is a useless waste of money who's been sucking face heat off the McMahon family's considerale heel reaction. Vince is a genius after all.

Compare these corresponding categories...

Raw: Positive Categories (12)

The Good: (4)

RVD

Matt Hardy

Lesnar

Booker T

Actually good but not over: (4)

D'lo

Dreamer

Molly

maybe Crash

The Good (elsewhere but not in the WWF style): (3)

Regal (Europe & Japan)

Mr Perfect (the 1980s)

Spike (ECW)

The Good (promos but not so good wrestling): (1)

Raven

Raw: Negative Categories (18)

The Bad: (18)

Bradshaw

BBR (good in tag team but not singles)

Big Show

Bossman

Undertaker

Kane

Jeff

Lita

Hall

Nash

X-Pac

Credible

Richards

Goldust

Trish

Jacqueline

Terri

Stasiak

Smackdown: Positive Categories (19)

The Good (ring work): (12)

Benoit

Angle

Jericho

Snow

Storm

DDP

Tazz

Tajiri

Hurricane

Valbowski

Saturn

Kidman

The Good (promos but not so good wrestling): (2)

Rock

Hogan

High Potential: (5)

Edge

Christian

Maven

Mark Henry

Test

Smackdown; Negative Categories (11)

The Bad: (10)

Albert

Rikishi

Faarooq

Scotty 2 Hotty

Hardcore Holly

Ivory

Billy

Chuck

D'von (good in tag team but not in singles)

Torrie

Stacy

Pretty one sided if you ask me

The end result of Vince's master plan will be Smackdown being wildly popular and Raw getting bad reviews left, right and centre, Vince McSatan, (Credit Paul E.), can then use this to say that the fans want to see him and that the WWF needs his family while Flair is a useless waste of money who's been sucking face heat off the McMahon family's considerale heel reaction. Vince is a genius after all.

Why is everyone buying into this as though Ric Flair and Vince McMahon's onscreen characters are really running these two brands?

Why would Vince want Smackdown to be a success and Raw to be a failure? The more successful both programmes are the more money he's going to make.

Crash good but not over? uhhh

Guest Dean Douglas
As we saw with InVasion, Vince doesn't care about losing money as long as he comes out on top and looking strongest. It's no secret that Vince McMahon uses the WWF to gratify his oversized ego and we've already seen him piss away the WCW brand and dig up a gracefully departed ECW for a humilliating end and lose potentially tens of millions of dollars in the process in order to make himself look better and his competition look weak, I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same to Ric Flair's legacy and reputation.

Originally posted by Alliance Mark

Jericho was picked 13th in a "lottery" that was held after the show. He couldn't be picked on the show because they had to wait until after the title match was over because the champ is on both shows.

oh right.... i haven't seen the show i read the entire spolier so i didn't know....well anyway that's sorta a relif