TWO Best PPV Match: WrestleMania X8

Chris2K

Best WMX8 Match?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Best WMX8 Match?

• Rob Van Dam vs. William Regal
    • Diamond Dallas Page vs. Christian
    • Spike Dudley vs. Maven (and all other Hardcore Title matches)
    • Kurt Angle vs. Kane
    • Undertaker vs. Ric Flair
    • Edge vs. Booker T
    • Steve Austin vs. Scott Hall
    • Billy & Chuck vs. The Dudleys vs. The Hardys vs. The APA
    • Jazz vs. Trish vs. Lita
    • Triple H vs. Chris Jericho
    • The Rock vs. Hollywood Hogan

Nothing about X8 on the WMHistory site, so it's down to me :P.

When two forces collide, the result can be mind-blowing. WrestleMania has been littered with these collisions, Hogan vs. Andre, Hogan vs. Savage, Hogan vs. Warrior, Michaels vs. Hart. But at WrestleMania X8 in the Toronto Skydome, possibly the greatest collision of all time took place.

In one corner was The Rock, the People's Champion, the most electrifying performer in the WWE. And in the other, Hollywood Hulk Hogan of the nWo, making his first appearance at WrestleMania for 9 years. Icon vs. Icon. Legend vs. Legend.

Add that on to HHH, the Royal Rumble winner, going for the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship against Chris Jericho, and WrestleMania X8 is one to remember.

Finalists so far

Hulk Hogan/Mr. T vs. Roddy Piper/Paul Orndorff (WM1)

The British Bulldogs vs. Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake (WM2)

Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage (WM3)

Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase (WM4)

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage (WM5)

Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan (WM6)

Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage (WM7)

Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper (WM8)

Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka (WM9)

Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (WM10)

Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel (WM11)

Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (WM12)

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (WM13)

Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels (WM14)

Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WM15)

Edge and Christian vs. The Hardys vs. The Dudleys (WM2000)

Hogan vs. Rock gets my vote, awsome match in terms to entertainment value, but also in terms of wrestling, Hogan and Rock managed to pull out a decent match.

I also really enjoyed DDP vs. Christian, don't know if I'm alone in this, but I thought that was a really good match.

Undertaker vs, Ric Flair was really good in terms of storylines and build - up, with the match being pretty decent.

This wasnt a great Mania, the build up seemed better than the event.

Hogan/Rock is a classic, that you can just watch was many times as you like, which makes it great.

But my vote goes for the Hardcore Title Match, simple because of Al Snow's crash into the boxes.

Also, wasnt the Hogan/Rock match before the Womens Match and the Triple H/Jericho Match was the Main Event?

Edited by MARTIN316V1

rock and hogan by far really

a decent wrestlemania, which history will probably look kindly upon because of rock and hogan, despite nothing else really standing out (kind of like WM 6)

but it was a decent enough show i think...flair/taker was good and triple h/jericho was technically a good match...the undercard with matches like regal/rvd, christian/ddp, edge/booker t was fine, although alot of the matches seemed rushed

Hogan vs Rock is the only choice. Easily one of the top three MOMENTS (wrestling purists, notice I said MOMENTS and not MATCHES) in wrestling history.

The crowd reaction in this match had never been that way before, and has never been that way since, and I doubt it ever will be. The match itself was very good too, I thought. Its all well and good to bash Hogan and say he is shitty in the ring, and although not the best WRESTLER around, he is by far one of the greatest WORKERS of all time, and he worked the crowd and that match to complete perfection. All with busted ribs, no less. He should be commended, as well as the rock.

And I'll say this to finish up, WrestleMania is about spectacle, its about moments that you will remember forever. Hulk Hogan vs The Rock was a HUGE spectacle and a moment we will all remember forever, even Hogan and Rock haters.

Hulk Hogan vs The Rock, the 2nd greatest match in WrestleMania history, gets my vote.

Ok, I wanted to vote for Taker / Flair because of the WreslteMania moment, but the mark in me danced with joy like a little girl when Hogan and The Rock stepped into that very ring,AWESOME! No other word describes it.

I absolutely marked out for that match, for the first time I watched Hogan match and saw what everyone else was cheering about, sheer class and The Rock's victory just was the icing on the cake.

Spiritchaser

Marked Out

Rock vs Hogan for me. The build up, with Hogan winning a tag on Raw with his Legdrop on Rock, all the young lion stuff and that MAGICAL moment when they were in the ring facing each other. It was that point, IMO, that cemented Hogan's status as the greatest champion and showman (not wrestler, before anyone complains), in wrestling history.

Taker/Flair was a distant second for the build up and the simple way Taker counted his WM record after the win. CAF.

HDC

Undoubtably Rock Vs Hollywood Hogan.

The build up with the nWo was fantastic. I loved every sequence and each word exchanged between the 2 in the weeks leading up to it.

It has become one of the WWE's most definitive moments in recent history.

Two of the greatest performers of all time had the entire crowd on its feet. I loved every minute of it as did the millions of others.