1. 1. Best Match At WMX7?

• Chris Jericho vs. William Regal
    • Tazz & APA vs. Right to Censor
    • Kane vs. Big Show vs. Raven
    • Eddie Guerrero vs. Test
    • Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit
    • Chyna vs. Ivory
    • Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon
    • Edge & Christian vs. The Hardys vs. The Dudleys (TLC)
    • Gimmick Battle Royal
    • Undertaker vs. HHH
    • Steve Austin vs. The Rock

An incredible 67,925 fans packed the Reliant AstroDome in Houston, Texas, for WrestleMania X-Seven, on April 1, 2001!

The event set revenue and attendance records for World Wrestling Entertainment, with over 100,000 fans in total attending WrestleMania and AXXESS: The Fan Festival, held at Reliant Hall in Houston. In all, the gate receipts for WrestleMania alone was over $3.5 million!

In a rematch from WrestleMania XV, Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock faced off in the main event of the show, with Stone Cold emerging victorious to claim his fifth World Wrestling Entertainment Championship!

Finalists so far

Hulk Hogan/Mr. T vs. Roddy Piper/Paul Orndorff (WM1)

The British Bulldogs vs. Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake (WM2)

Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage (WM3)

Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase (WM4)

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage (WM5)

Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan (WM6)

Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage (WM7)

Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper (WM8)

Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka (WM9)

Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (WM10)

Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel (WM11)

Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (WM12)

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (WM13)

Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels (WM14)

Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WM15)

Edge and Christian vs. The Hardys vs. The Dudleys (WM2000)

I loved this PPV. I thought Angle-Benoit was brilliant in that it was really different from the other matches and the crowd still enjoyed it. Shane v Vince was entertaining. As was the triple threat hardcore match, TLC and HHH versus Taker. But I'm going to go with The Rock versus Stone Cold. Good match, great crowd and I loved the heel turn.

Has to be the greatest PPV in modern day history. The matches on the card were really good, I really enjoyed 'Taker vs. Triple H, at this PPV Undertaker proved he still could pull out a good match when he wanted to.

The hardcore 3 way match was really good too, but the match of the night was Austin vs. The Rock, this match was awsome, I wasn't a fan of the heel turn, but then again, I suppose that was the whole point of the turn. This is the best Austin/Rock match ever, and maybe even the best Wrestlemania main event.

This was truely a classic WrestleMania, the best WrestleMania doesnt give it enough praise, this was the best PPV in Wrestling History.

Benoit/Angle, Vince/Shane, Kane/Raven/Show, TLC, Taker/HHH were all brilliant matches. But the main event was even better than that, truely great match from Austin and Rock, and as much as i liked the Benoit/Angle match, its quite laughable how that match always makes ''The Top 10 WrestleMania Matches'' but this doesnt.

Even the Jericho/Regal and Eddie/Test were pretty good.

The Gimmick Battle Royal and Chyna/Ivory did nothing to harm the show, so its ok with me.

Greatest PPV Ever.

best wrestlemania ever and best PPV ever

this was, to me, a perfect show...a huge, hot crowd with all the main matches delivering and the stuff that could have been bad was kept short and did nothing to hurt the show...not to mention this is the culmination of the attitude era

i'll vote for rock and austin, although its a tough choice

To BeltMark and Wyndorf, the reason why people (including me) think this is the best ppv ever is because it was! All of the mathes (except for maybe the gimmick battle royal which was slightly boring compared to the rest) were amazing. Let's not forget the comedic Canadian competition winner.

I went for the TLC ( like RUTuffEnuff, I am one for the high spots) with the main event coming in a close second.

To BeltMark and Wyndorf' date=' the reason why people (including me) think this is the best ppv ever is because it was! All of the mathes (except for maybe the gimmick battle royal which was slightly boring compared to the rest) were amazing. Let's not forget the comedic Canadian competition winner.[/quote']

But thats your opinion mate isnt it, not mine and not everybody elses. I'm not telling you its NOT the best ever, I'm just saying I dont think it was the best PPV ever. As a matter of fact, for me, its not even in my all-time top 10. If you (and anybody else) thinks it is, thats cool, fair enough, thats awesome for you that you enjoyed it so much and held it in such high regard. Cool deal. But you cant tell me it was 100% the best ever as if thats the only choice.

Your telling me all the matches barring the Battle Royal were amazing? Are you kidding? Chyna vs Ivory, APA/Tazz vs RTC, Y2J vs Regal etc were all amazing? Those matches sucked! They were complete shite.

Austin vs Rock & TLC were great. HHH vs Taker was ok, Battle Royal sucked, Hardcore match was kinda funny, nothing more, Y2J vs Regal was complete crap, APA/Tazz vs RTC was complete crap, Chyna vs Ivory was complete crap, Kurt vs Benoit was ok, but a disappointment from what they could (and have since) put on, Vince vs Shane was pretty good. Overall, it was decent, bot nowhere near the best IN MY OPINION ONLY.

Edited by The Beltster

Every PPV has crap matches. That's the way wrestling is. It's just that these crap matches were better than usual, with the crappiest like the battle royal and Chyna/Ivory being pretty harmless.

Personally I think Canadian Stampede is better, but this is a surefire second.

Guess what I picked......................................yep Taker Vs HHH I actuall thought HHH was going to get the nod over Taker in this match and at the time rightfully so.

History however shows a win for the Deadman.

Austin vs Rock though I thought was a bit obvious, especially when Vince showed up at ring side.

Spiritchaser

Wants Taker on the list.

Every PPV has crap matches. That's the way wrestling is. It's just that these crap matches were better than usual, with the crappiest like the battle royal and Chyna/Ivory being pretty harmless.

Personally I think Canadian Stampede is better, but this is a surefire second.

And sure enough - Canadian Stampede had no bad matches :D

This is one of the best cards I have ever seen in my life. Canadian Stampede was another, and this has been the hardest one to pick a winner in. TLC, HHH/Taker, Benoit/Angle, I could go on. I choose Austin/Rock cos the match was great and the heel turn hwas perfectly executed, IMO the best turn since Hogan's. Shane?vince had a much better match than they should be capable of. I do beleive though that the Triple-Threat hardcore match should have a place in everyone's heart as the funniest match in WWE history. Big Show, Ravenn and Kane in golf buggies, c'mon that's comedyy gold IMO.

And sure enough - Canadian Stampede had no bad matches :D

canadian stampede is a great wrestling ppv...every match on the card is around 4 stars or better and it had one of the hottest crowd you'll ever see

BUT, it has no historical significance and most fans have probably never even heard of the show, much less seen it, so that disqualifies it from being the best ever in my opinion

canadian stampede is a great wrestling ppv...every match on the card is around 4 stars or better and it had one of the hottest crowd you'll ever see

BUT, it has no historical significance and most fans have probably never even heard of the show, much less seen it, so that disqualifies it from being the best ever in my opinion

Its my personal favourite WWE show of all time, and for anyone in the UK who wants to see it, you can pre-order the DVD HERE :xyx

One of the best and strongest PPV's of all time! Some greta matches, it's hard to chose between the matches. TLC2, HHH/Taker, Angle/Benoit event the McMahons were great! But, my vote still has to go to Austin/Rock. A classic rivalry and just an awesome atmosphere and match coupled with the heel turn from Austin.