Who will be WWE Champ after Armageddon?

Marc McCann

I was 99% certain that the undertaker would win this one but after eddie said to booker that 'he's never won the big 1 here', i gota think again. every time someone says that look what happens, jericho beat the rock in 2001 & benoit won the rumble & mania last year

Taker v Angle at Mania?

Taker - 1 last title reign

Booker - Put the strap on him before he retires

JBL will retain, 100%. They have had JBL sneak away with the belt in numerous singles matches with Taker, Eddie, Booker etc, having him lose it at a nothing PPV like Armageddon in a 4-way will kill all the heat he has gathered and wont help the WWE title at all. Trust me, JBL will walk out of Armageddon as the WWE champion, and rightfully so.

JBL could possibly lose the WWE title in a big match at Royal Rumble, but I think he will hold it until WM21 and put somebody over at the biggest PPV of the year, that would be best IMO.

People complain about JBL being champion, but either way he hasnt let the pressure kill him like Eddie did (dont bet on another Guererro reign anytime soon) and Taker really doesnt need the belt. Booker would be the best choice to take the title from him if I was booking it, but it wont happen at Armageddon, JBL will walk into WM21 as WWE champion and leave former WWE champion.

To be fair comparing Eddie and JBL pyschologically is slightly unfair. Eddie is an ex-addict, who worked incredibly hard to get to where he got to, and then felt he let the company down, when many people blamed him for SD's poor ratings. Where as JBL was coming off the poor ratings, never expected to change them, and essentially in a position on the card, above where he really should be, so essentially I'd say that's not the same pressure.

Well Taker and Angle is the touted main event of WM21 on the Smackdown side so a Taker win would make sense...

Eddie won't get another title until he's got a bit of rehabiltation (image wise) and then maybe.

Booker would make sense but then he'd only drop it at the Royal Rumble if the first statement I made is true....

So why not have JBL retain at a ppv where the buy rate is always cack and the match quality as well... Then have him get beat at either the Rumble or Mania by Booker, then have Booker lose to Angle and retire (if the rumours are true).

Thing is you have Cena, Eddie, Big Show, Taker and Booker who you'd call Smackdown main eventers who are faces... Then only Angle and JBL who are heel....

Something says to me Cena heel turn...

Maybe that after disposing of JBL at the Royal Rumble and have him tustle with Taker who could then face Angle if the program is needed.

I would like to see any of those Superstars walk out the WWE Champion at Armageddon, but I'd like to see JBL retain because he has a good title reign and he's a good WWE Champion IMO.. and hey, don't diss WWE or Wrestling about it bein crap! to me WWE/Wrestling is always 100% :D

I wouldn't mind seeing Booker walking away with the belt this time. Booker or Eddie anyway - and I hope one of these two win it.

However I can see the logic in having JBL retain, so long as they don't make it so he gets a sneaky win. He won his belt against Eddie in gruelling fashion, that surprised a lot of people, and since then he's snuck wins all the time.

He really needs to get a big win in a Fatal Fourway - CLEAN - before his reign is up.

Cheers!

To be fair comparing Eddie and JBL pyschologically is slightly unfair. Eddie is an ex-addict' date=' who worked incredibly hard to get to where he got to, and then felt he let the company down, when many people blamed him for SD's poor ratings. Where as JBL was coming off the poor ratings, never expected to change them, and essentially in a position on the card, above where he really should be, so essentially I'd say that's not the same pressure.[/quote']

The thing is, NOBODY blamed Eddie for the flagging ratings. Vince even sat down with Eddie in private and assured him the drop in ratings had nothing at all to do with Eddie, it was because the entire product was down and trying to find its way. If having Vince personally tell you your doing a good job and not to worry isnt a pressure relief, I'm not sure what is.

Some people are able to handle being the top man, and some arent. Eddie isnt, or at least he wasnt. I'm sure a 2nd title run would do wonders for his confidence and we would all see a different E.G out there.

I think it really depends. I mean if you're the champ, with a very emotional personality like Eddie's, and the ratings and buyrates are tanking, naturally you'd take a lot of responsbility for it. I don't think it really matters if he was blamed or not, cause he blamed himself, and that was the most important factor. I'd certainly give Eddie another run, I'd even contemplate turning him heel down the line, for I think that is 3/4 of why JBL is champ, because he's a heel, and there are a lot more faces he can possibly face, Booker, Taker, Eddie, Cena, Show etc, where as Eddie could have faced Angle or JBL, so that's personally why I think he's champ, as opposed to anything else.

Either way I do hope Eddie gets another shot. He certainly deserves it.

yeah but who else also agrees with me JBL is a great Champ? I like his matches since he became JBL

I also enjoy JBL's stuff. He has done an incredible job transforming himself from what he was to what he now is, character wise, his match standards have raised up (I LOVE the 1980's style he works, its a refreshing change from all this crappy acrobatics we see these days that people seem to fawn over).

JBL is a good WWE champion.

I don't think any Superstar I see Wrestle is rubbish, I like them all. and yeah, he just does good moves and he has some highlights from when he turned from Bradshaw (APA) to JBL. The funny Little Taker moment on SmackDown!, how he made Eddie lose all of that blood at Judgment Day, how he was Tombstone Piledrivered onto the stairs, lost all that blood etc.

yeah, I hope in a way JBL retains until at least Judgment Day time, that will make JBL one of the best (which he already is, people just don't know it).

lets just say josh mathews come out of nowhere and helps booker t to win the title plain and simple

Or even better than that, Josh comes out and gets a steel chair, just as JBL is getting to his feet turns round and blasts Undertaker over the head with the chair, allowing JBL to retian.

As much as I really dont want it to happen, I still think JBL is gonna walk out champ. Every single time he has defended that championship since he won it iv'e said "yep, he'll definately drop it" but no!

Its beens the most unpredicatble title reign in recent history IMO (apart from Orton's very strange 1 month run!)

Booker T with Taker being screwed(again) by Kurt Angle or one of his boys (Luther or Jindrak) probably the latter, which will line up the next few PPV challengers for Taker until the final one 'Mania 21 against the leader of the group Kurt.

JBL will get accidentally hurt by Orlando and set up a match between those two.

Eddie will get pinned by Booker T after a Clothesline from Hell from JBL, after which JBL will run into Orlando or Orlando will blast him with a chair( accidentally) of course!....

Spiritchaser

Future Shock (That was a good WCW PPV)

The funny Little Taker moment on SmackDown!' date=' how he made Eddie lose all of that blood at Judgment Day, how he was Tombstone Piledrivered onto the stairs, lost all that blood etc.[/quote']

*Now knows who to blame for Smackdown's current shambolic state*

The fact that people can find such things as the little Taker sketch funny is quite worrying. I swear... if JBL retains I'll be EXTREMELY pissed off, though like a lot of people have already said it would be logical if he did. Let's just hope the Smackdown booking team continue to defy logic then and give us all a break from the Midcarder in the Hat.

It's a joke, look at the talent they have on Smackdown yet this tool still has the belt.

Bla.

Id love to see booker win everyone has had the gold in that match except the 5 time 5 tiime 5 time 5 time 5 time 5 time WCW champion.

I dont think JBL will keep it.

i think Taker could get to mania but against angle NO WAY Angle has been in the title match for the last 2 years at mania not again.

BOOKER T 2 win NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAA ( prof attempts a spinarooni not a good idea)

They shouldn't have Taker in title matches and loosing. His current persona is meant to be unbeatable. At this stage if JBL doesn't retain, I would like to see Booker get a reign as champ. He's been in the WWE for a couple of years and he deserves to make it 6 time.

Taker's gig has always to get screwed in Title matches, that is what makes me a fan od the Deadman, in fact I know when he will win the match or when he will lose after about ten minutes of the match if it goes that long, because generally he hammers his opponent, then takes a bit of a beating himself and then depending on the amount of punishment his opponent has taken, I can more or less tell if he will or won't win.

When he fought Shawn Michaels in the first Hell in the Cell, Shawn got hammered bloody, then Kane screwed Taker.

When he Tombstoned JBL on the steel steps, he got screwed by Heidenreich.

When he fought Bret Hart for the title, Bret got hammered, he then got screwed by Shawn.

Thus, it is Taker's bag to get screwed out of the belt by someone trying to make a name for himself.

There are plenty of occasions when I have thought "Oh no you've battered him too much , your getting screwed again, never mind.

Spiritchaser

Positive Outlook