Do u consider the NWO angle to be a flop?

Guest Nuff

So far yeah I think it's been a flop with the exception of Hogan.Personally I think Nash & Hall have proved that they are useless once and for all.Much like the Invasion angle I see the NWo angle going down the pan.

Depends what you judge it on.

As far as angles go it hasn't been that bad. I think it's really suffered because of people's misconceptions before they signed.

For some reason this was thought to be the WWF's saviour. The angle of all angles that was really going to get the WWF fans going. Was that ever really going to be the case?

To be honest it was worth signing them just for Hogan. The crowd reactions he's getting are awesome.

I don't think the nWo angle could ever have made the waves they thought it would. Hall is average at best these days, and he looks about 50. Nash has slowed down a hell of a lot. It's funny because you forget how good he actually was sometimes. When will people learn how difficult it is to re-hash old angles and storylines, no matter how big they were first time round.

One problem I think the nWo angle suffered from was that the average fan didn't really no what they were, remember the majority of the fans watching WWF TV never saw the nWo in WCW 96/98. So WWF should of probaly build them up longer showing footage of them doing stuff in WCW like spearing Rey into the TV truck on Nitro on them being formed at Bash at the Beach. I also feel the No Way Out angle's came of as very weak, the nWo should of done a run-in a few matches into the card and killed everybody in sight making them seem a threat to the WWF, not have come out and act like faces then turn. But there's still some time to get something out of them, Nash's punch knee punch punch (damn it i'm tired better rest) bear hug in-ring style better change.

Difficult situation though, if you build them up too much you're setting yourself up for a fall.

Thing with the nWo in WCW, was they were literally against everybody. Savage would come out and elbowdrop Disco, Guerrero would get attacked in the locker room. No real reason for it, just because they were the nWo and they can. Should have been a similar situation at No Way Out really. This targetting one guy and taking him out then moving onto the next just isn't what the nWo is supposed to be about.

I think as well one of the big differences is that Hall and Nash turning up in WCW was special. They were huge stars, that really stood out amongst the WCW roster. In the WWF roster today they are just another couple of guys. WWF has all its massive stars, many bigger than the nWo. How many did WCW have that were as big as them when they first arrived? Hogan, who joined anyway, Savage who eventually joined anyway, Sting maybe, Luger not quite, Giant not quite.

This re-hash of them, yet another one, lacks everything that made them good first time round.