The Greatest Thread on Earth

Spiritchaser

:xyx

Yo Dudes and Dudettes,

There has been a lot of discussion lately about what does or doesn't make a good post, whether they be amusing or not.

So my question to those who think that the posting in TWO has diminshed somewhat.....What in your opinion constitutes a good post and what is Funny?

Spiritchaser

Obtuse :thumbsup

That is a tough one my ethereal brother. What I find funny may not strke others as such. I, for one, do not see the humor in belittling or insulting others but would not even attempt to insist that people who shared that type of humor stop doing so.

I liked many of the posts from certain individuals who are no longer here at TWO, some by choice and some not by choice. I read a lot of posts to which I make no reply simply because the persons involved in the thread do not possess the type of personality I wish to converse with, being snobs and/or self-deluded little such-and-sos.

I enjoy joke threads and threads where people share info, even if it's about their pubic hygiene. That one had some funny points. Or the ones containing "deep sayings".

I really get ticked at the ones where people who have no real understanding of the Bible and/or the basic tenets of the christian faith insult and ridicule it. Why should I be "tolerant" of them when they are not "tolerant" of me?

I LOVE Jayden's saga, which he has promised me that he will finish.

Before I joined TWO I frequented various forum's, but since I joined I only frequent this and the BCW forum (obviously). I find that there is a great mix of people and opinions on TWO. And even though there are many that I don't agree with, that is half the fun. Finding out other points of view, or getting an insight into an issue you may not have thought of. As I stated I've only been around for a few months, so I don't have good old days, but as for the now I think it's great. I have had some great verbal sparring with a few on the forum that I've enjoyed, and had a good laugh with those same people. Jayden, James Felton, the other DraVen, F2K Fletcher, Spirirtchaser and others. It has been great so far and I just wanna thank you all for making me feel welcome. The only poster I find slightly pretentious is

Mr. Dragon

. But that is his style and I respect that.

I dunno, but maybe people feel that way about me, and if so, more power to them.

I'm enjoying the TWO experience and hopeto enjoy it for a long time to come.

Thanks everybody.

LOL

HDC

Actually Mr Macho Jay will not be finishing the TWO battle royale as he is not coming back when his cooling off finishes and he never got chance to tell people that.

Unforunately at TWO, we cannot force people to come back to the site so if Jayden doesn't come back after the 7 days then that'll be up to him. As for him not getting the chance to tell people that, that isn't really true. Christof got to tell people he wouldn't be coming back and I'm sure if Jayden wanted to let people know he isn't coming back then he'd have got Kam to post a message.

Most people say daft things that they don't mean in the heat of the moment.....

Spirit, that's an impossible question to answer! I've been reading through all the posts (slowly but surely!) since I joined, and the best posts are those that enjoy lively debate without resorting to petty bickering, the humorous ones, those whose content educates the newbies such as myself, the quick-fire ones such as the "Describe the person above you" thread, all sorts!

What do you think constitutes a good post?

Sunflower I agree with people's eyebrow here, I think all posts have the potential to become great posts, but when they resort to petty bickering about who is right or wrong is when it annoys me.

This is a community forum where no one is right or wrong it is a place where hopfully we can all be ourselves and have our say without someone else saying that is a load of this that or the other.

We have the ability to put our opinions across and then we should leave it at that, but so often it descends into chaos because one word or one insult is all it takes to set off someone.

I do not respect everyone's opinion on this site, so I try to ignore their posts and agree with those whose posts I agree with.

However, sometimes something is blatantly incorrect and I try to put the poster straight before the deluge of abuse hits them, and no not always does this happen, but on occasion it has and I find it very petty, but hey that's just me.

I also think that if you close your mind to what may be then you are missing an awful lot and you might miss something important, that you ned to read at a certain time in order to enable you to grow as a person, because that is what happens, if you have been an ass, you do need to be kicked in it.

To say that is a crap post, belittles the person posting and while we can not all be poet laureates or great authors or even good spellers, that does not give anyone else the right to pull someone else down.

I would like a little more "moderate" behaviour or at least a little more thought, when posts are made, but if I don't get it then I read something else.

It is quite simple and logical for me, but not everyone is me, thank God, as if they were I would be bored rigid and telling me to shut the F*** up, as I can be boring, cantankerous and downright stubborn about certain things, but that does not mean I harbour grudges or think I'll never speak to that person again, because it belittles me and demeans the whole process of debate and discussion.

We must accept that others like or dislike us for whatever reason they deem fit, if it bothers you then try to do something to change their opinion of you, if not than bathe in the negative adulation such dislike and infamy brings.

Spiritchaser.

Giving Everyone a Fair Shake of the Stick

Going back to the original question a good post is one which allows everyone to respond, something of common interest.

I don't like posts that are carried over convo's from chat or something that only certain few members can know what on earth it's about.

Either that or good discussion and debate thats kept to the point even if people do have differing view points.

Personal threads are always interesting to :xyx

I find that great threads include one focal point, and that is an interesting topic of discussion. It doesnt matter who is involved, i just normally find that great threads have got a decent topic which keep people interested for a long period of time, which in turn provokes more people to reply and voice their opinions. With the topic of discussion, there has to be a difference of opinion, you cant have everyone in a thread saying "Yes its great" otherwise it gets boring, if people show a difference of opinion and can explain their points clearly and without discrimination then excellence can ensue.

Unforunately at TWO' date=' we cannot force people to come back to the site so if Jayden doesn't come back after the 7 days then that'll be up to him. As for him not getting the chance to tell people that, that isn't really true. Christof got to tell people he wouldn't be coming back and I'm sure if Jayden wanted to let people know he isn't coming back then he'd have got Kam to post a message.[/quote']

Perhaps but thats just what I was told by the man himself. hes not coming back, have to respect his decision

Just for the record, I'd like to see them return as well. Incase anyone was getting the impression otherwise because of my comments previously.

In my opinion, Jayden and Christof have been good contributors here and if they were to come back and Jayden in particular has calmed down a little bit then I'd welcome them back. If they don't come back, I won't be losing any sleep over it. It's only a forum afterall. I think people lose sight of that fact sometimes.

Edited by The Crippler

Exactly.... do you believe that anything we do on this forum really effects the world drastically? Does any forum?

I also would like things to cool down and for everyone to come back including Mr Inno. I'd also like a underrated Mod to reconsider some of his current thoughts and stay on and also I'd like peace and quiet...

I don't want much from life do I?

Back on topic then....

For me the greatest threads on earth where the Love or Hate HHH one. It drove people to polar oppersites but in the end through reasoned debate we reached the middle (in some cases thought the fan boys wouldn't listen). It was a pure lengthy monster of quality posting.

Then there was my break up thread that came about in August. A hell of alot of people helped me and consoled me in a dark time and I was deeply touched by it. That was a great thread and memory for me here.

I must have missed the party, Its amazing how things just blow out of proportion right under your nose. To be fair, I sensed more than a smidgen of frustration from Jayden the last week or so. But hey, he seems like a great guy, I hope he comes back. Him and Christof and everyone else who's dissapeared lately. Although I find it hard to get mad at somebody I cant see, everyone loses there temper now and then. Hopefully It'll be blow over.

Anyway, back to the original question. A good thread has to have a good first post. It's a lot easier to get a discussion going if it starts with a little more than 'Benoit sucks, you're all idiots for thinking he's good' Away from the US scene something interesting that is bound to divide people. Theres's no better thread than intelligent posters on opposing sides giving each other hell.

The funny thing is if another forum for example decided to have a go at us on TWO we WOULD ALL end up sticking up for each other, no matter what's previously gone on, because we are a community and like all good communities I'd stake my money that we'd back one another up and stick together in a situation like that, all theoretically of course, but something to ponder :)

For eg: Us City fans slag off Kevin Keegan (only sometimes of course ;) ) but if a United fan dared to do the same at our City forum we would all defend Keegan to the hilt and be totally outraged!!

So from now on... we're all City fans sticking together, eh Alan/KJ ?? ;) :D

Exactly.... do you believe that anything we do on this forum really effects the world drastically? Does any forum?

If course it's not gonna change the world, but IMO, the forums, especially this one, is a place where you can escape and be with like-minded(?) people and have fun. I come to this forum because I know I can have a debate, a laugh, an arguement, a joke, a wind-up or flirt(!) with anyone on it. That's the beauty of it for me.

I like coming to the forum as it gives me a place to discuss things that my friends at home don't understand or have no interest in, yet my TWO friends do. I would like Jayden to come back as I had great banter with him at times.

That is all.