UKScene 11: Is the UK Scene better or worse for having more federations emerging

Kam

thats true, but

the north and north west do need another few.

But it seems to be the fashion right now for every man and his dog,and even his pet gerbil cyril 'the barbarian' to start there own promotion.That can't be good for the industry in the long run. If all these little promotions keep failing, or just plain taking your cash and disapearing, it damages the reputation of the industry as a whole. And having to many promotions means there will be to little good talent to go round, thus reducing the overall quality of the shows for every promotion. That just can' tbe good.

I think how it would really work is this. One or two rather wealthy guys, preferably lifelong wrestling fans come in and start buying up all the smaller promotions, leaving the UK with maybe two feds, one touring the South of England, one touring the North. I think there'd have to be two to keep the competition there. Whoever made the investment would have to be able to run at a loss initially, but with the proper talent, and investments made we could have two decent promotions in the UK. and if they persevered long enough money could be made, eventually.

What Jack Walker did for Blackburn, somebody else could do for wrestling in the UK. Only thing is there are a lot more wealthy footie fans in this country than there are wealthy wrestling fans.

Originally posted by kid banzai

I suppose more promotions are good for the wrestlers, as thats more bookings they'll get ergo more money.

After all, Japan has got a whole host of promotions and most of them seem to survive. That said, the UK is a very different place from Japan.

And Japan has major promotions, the uk doesn't, and probably never will have

There are good feds coming out, the problem is MONEY. A ring can cost up £5,000, then there is transport, lighting and sound, crash-mats, insurance, costumes, special effects, barriers. Then there is the roster, training, training facilities and most of all good solid promotion..

Unfortunatly with out all these, you wont get the fans, and you wont fill the seats. It does not matter how good the wrestlers are, the UK fans are picky and like more extravagance, thats why these shitty tribute shows do so well. They have the glitz, sorry but the shows I have seen the wrestling was very scripted and not worth the money I paid.

I love watching wrestling live, it does not matter if its WWF, WWA or IWF, its the wrestling I go to see not the lights, not the sound or the glamour..

Gary Graham