Shock at level of stupidity

Fletch

Whiel i dont condone Backyard Wrestling at all, I decided to take a look at the newest games website and see what it had to offer and you can believe my shock when i saw the amount of real wrestlers putting their name to this game despite it promoting backyard wrestling.

Vampiro, Ruckus, Sandman, Messiah perhaps understandable in some respects as are Andrew WK and the Insane Clow Posse's Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope and their friend Rude Boy but what I cant understand is why they would help a game based on backyard wrestling of all things?

And heres the biggest shocks-TNA star Sonjay Dutt is on it. Why? He doesnt even fight hardcore matches let alone backyard crap, hes an X division star and a darned good one.

So i ask why is it that people are willing to put their name on something thats morally wrong for the sake of a few extra dollars?

Sonjay Dutt is not a good X division star, he's an average spot monkey. However, he has wrestled as a backyarder, I've got him on tape doing it so I know that's where he started.

It depends how you define morally wrong. I've heard the guys involved with the game and putting their names to it insisting that "we're just showing people what can be done but constantly insisting that they shouldn't do it themselves" or something like that. Then of course, you realise that lots of idiot kids have injured themselves. That's very true, however M Dogg 20, Josh Prohibition and Sonjay Dutt all got their careers going and forged their own breaks from backyarding and I'm sure there are lots of others that I don't know about. Hell, CZW's whole roster look like a bunch of backyarders for the most part.

It's a little bit of money, for a guy like Sonjay Dutt who probably doesn't make very much anyway, and who started out life wrestling with his mates in parking lots and back gardens.

While you, and most of us here think it's stupid(although I wouldn't neccessarily say it's morally wrong, they are hurting themselves and are aware of the risks and dangers), for someone who has risen out of the backyard into professional rings surely you can see why they might lend their name to it?

Like I said, I think it's the fact that the game he leant himself to is so poor that'll hurt his image if anything, more than what the product represents. That said backyarding is a stupid activity. As professionals, Sonjay et al should have a responsibility not to appear to endorse backyard wrestling in any way. Then again, anyone who thinks that this is forced on 'the kids' is clearly stupid, as a cavalcade of slightly poor wrestlers (in my opinion) and semi naked ladies gurn on a box sufficiently marked with an 18 certificate. Either way, I would say the guys in it are laughing all the way to the bank, but if people actually buy BYW2, I kinda think they deserve everything they get.

Archived