Nobody knows the trouble Ive had

Fletch

Im officially fed up to my hind teeth of Amazon.co.uk

I ordered my phone on the 17th of this month and was told it would be less than a week until i got my phone. Nope they changed it, wouldnt come for another two weeks after that and now theyve told me even with Business Class delivery i wont get it until after christmas and the new year. Buggers.

So Ive cancelled my order for the phone and added Day Of Reckoning to my order as I had a voucher to use so DoR will cost me just 20 squid but it now means I have to get my phone from Woolies or Carphone Warehouse now on Sunday when I go to wolverhampton. god I hate Amazon

Anyone else ever had problems with internet shopping or amazon in particular?

You're best getting yourself down to Argos or the Carphone Warehouse as soon as possible, they have them in stock. Goldy bought one last week, not sure where from though. Amazon is brilliant but at this time of year, you have to expect delays and with this V616 it is in VERY high demand so i'm not really suprised.

I've never had troubles with Amazon.co.uk before. In fact, I just orered a bunch of stuff from there and it all arrived when they said it would :).

I ordered about 14 CD's and one was delayed because the release date was put back a week and the week later I got it!

What about E-Bay? Anyone had any E-Bay nightmares?

I ask because I've just spent £78 on a nostalgic goodie using PayPal and the thing I bought seemed a little too good to be true. And there were no other bidders for it.

Cheers!

Never had any problems with Amazon at all and the only problems I've had at ebay is when some young scallywag bid £50 for a boot for a VW Golf GTi I was selling, obviously realised that was a ridiculous amount of money and decided not to pay, I'm gonna hunt him down and cut off his thumbs.

Maybe i am just lucky? I have had no problems with any proper internet shops at all. Ebay however is a different kettle of fish. Being a regular seller (a_burning_fire) i deal with loads of people on there, and i have had trouble with people not paying. That is it though, people claim to send cheques etc, then when they dont arrive the people ignore my emails. It is only a selective few though, most people on Ebay (that i have dealt with) are genuine people looking for gifts, memorabilia etc.

Probably thought you was actually selling the VW.

Don't go to carphone warehouse, there annoying!

Both me and Darkstar got phones, and the amount of trouble we had, first of all they put me on the wrong contract, then there was some trouble with darkstar's phone.

There great phones, but The Link usually do the same or better deals than carphone warehouse.

We'd have gone there if i hadn't forgot my ID so they could do a credit check:(

I've got a little samsung on T-mobile, very smart and easy enough to use, but EVERYONE has one.

Watch out with them "3" Mobiles...I work for Powerhouse and we just started stocking them, We seem to get just as many back faulty as we send out.

I once had a lot of trouble when I bought a PS2 from Jungle.com, They never listed on their site that they had none in stock at the time, And I was under the impression that they send it in 5 working days... I didn't recieve the PS2 until at least a month after i ordered it, Ironically enough it arrived just a couple of days after I'd sent a pretty nasty email to their customer service department.

Personally working in the industry I'd say steer well clear of anything suggesting it uses 3g technology just yet.

There's a reason nobody except 3 has dived headfirst into a launch that they aren't ready for. Vodafone have tentatively released a few handsets but won't let our big money corporate customers anywhere near them because of the problems they might cause.

Wait 6 months until the network is in a better state, the handsets aren't big and a steaming pile of bug ridden crap, and the benefits of 3g services are ready to be taken advantage of.

I've played with the second, and third wave of 3g handsets that will come out middle, and third quarter of next year and they are actually pretty good. At the moment nothing is really ready for release and it's all been rushed through because 3 have been gaining a lot of customers (which they will lose once again as soon as people stop being blinding by the idea of having 3g before their mates) and have gone off releasing things into the market place that simply aren't ready to go.

It's no good having the handset technology (which in terms of what is on the shelf out there is stlil not all that special) if the network isn't ready to support it. What exactly is everyone's take on what 3g is and offers?

Video calling. There are actually very small parts of the UK that have the network in place to support it, and you need a friend who has a similar phone and the video telephony feature on their account. Even then, there's still no guarantee you'll make a solid connection and if you do it's costiing you a bomb anyway and for what benefit?

Video Streaming and downloads. Sure, now you can download quicker where the network coverage is available (which again I stress is only at 40% UK coverage) but so what? what are you going to download? Games? Music? videos? If you want to pay stakcs to download crap on your mobile phone why not invest the money i9n broadband and download quality cheaply, or free? Mobile phone games are awful and not as good as even the most basic PC games. Video footage available for download is pricey and not impressive at all. Same goes for the music.

And, what else? How often do you use your phone to send a receive data? The GPRS on the 2.5g network is quick and cheap. What different will the 3g network really make to you?

Give it 6 months to a year and it might be worth investing in but right now stear well clear from the whole thing.

Edited by Jayden

I used to work in the old Mobile Phone industry, before Vodafone took over the company and I have the same view of 3 as ol' Jayden.

Until Voda or O2 bring out a worthwhile effort on the 3G network then steer well clear of 3. Why would you want to buy something that while being a bit pioneering, has no competitors?

Only when O2, T-Mobile, Orange and Voda perfect the 3G network, and Nokia, Motorola and Siemens start bringing out killer phones would I even consider using 3G.

Cheers!

Cant be as many as have the LG 1820, its the in student deal to get, theyre everywhere, ive got one and its useless, not recomended, insurance screws you (but thats generic) 3 are crap, phone is poo.....an i have to grin an bare it for 10 more months

In regards to ebay ive never been screwed out of too much money, but my spendin limits dont tend to pass 20 odd quid (cept for an amp i got once which was 200 odd) coz it is a risky old business, ive lost about 20 quid to sellers being ****tards

but i love ebay so i dont care

Watch out with them "3" Mobiles...I work for Powerhouse and we just started stocking them, We seem to get just as many back faulty as we send out.

I once had a lot of trouble when I bought a PS2 from Jungle.com, They never listed on their site that they had none in stock at the time, And I was under the impression that they send it in 5 working days... I didn't recieve the PS2 until at least a month after i ordered it, Ironically enough it arrived just a couple of days after I'd sent a pretty nasty email to their customer service department.

Powerhouse, you got any in stock at the moment? Which store would that be? Bescot?

I'm not sure if the Walsall store has any in stock, As I work at the warehouse, But judging by the ammount the warehouse have been sending out, I'm pretty sure they should still have some, But as I say, We've also had a load returned because of faults so I wouldn't reccomend them at all.