A warning...

BRM

I remember when that footballes rape trial was in the news, and sites like our own were told to be careful about anything posted about it, so we said there was to be no talk about it whatsoever, or our Kam could have been sued.

Stupid really, because if one of our resident idiots decided to post something libelous it's Kam who would be in the s***.

Sorry but the cynic in me is screaming "SCAM" on the other hand I think Vince McMahon would think it is funny and remember the libel laws in America are slightly less stupid than the ones here, Vince also would probably use it as an angle with a fan becoming a new wrestler.

Spiritchaser

Awaiting the Outcome

In the USA they have the Communications Decency Act of 1996. Under this act, ISP's and "interactive computer service providers" are not liable for defamatory remarks (made by others).

I dont think theres anything similar in place for the UK.

If I remember correctly, Most companies will supply a cease and desist order and public apology before legal action is given.

I find it quite surprising that after all the crap Coventry city have been striving to get out of since the near bankruptcy that McGinnity and the board would waste their time on a petty endeavour such as this.

I am further surprised that this hasn't made at least the local paper.

Saracen

Archived