Simon Dean?

Dickie Hyde

So, Simon Dean has been bombarding our TV screens with his new product for weeks, before showing up LIVE on RAW to simply take th piss out of fat people.

Now don't get me wrong, it was funny the first two times, but now it sucks. This guy is obviously a wrestler from OVW and seeing as I have no access to OVW at all I don't know how good/bad he is.

Have any ofyou seen this guy wrestle? And how long do you think it will be until he does?

And of course, he isn't going to last long with that gimmick...

Cheers,

SCSA

The guy in question is Mike Bucci, (hope I've spelled that right), and yes he has come in from OVW. However he spent a long time wrestling in ECW as Supernova, then simply Nova in ECW. He has also competed as Hollywood Nova as part of the bWo. The Blue World Order spoof was only supposed to be around for one night as part of the Blue Meanie's parody phase, but the crowd loved it. ECW then ran bWo skits where Big Stevie Cool (Stevie Richards), Hollywood Nova and Da Blue Guy (Meanie), tried to take over ECW. The main point was, none of the roster really viewed them as a threat. Until Stevie became serious and Nova branched iut on his own. Nova was an Innovator of offesive manouvers and usually pulled out a new move in a match.

Edge's Downward Spiral was Nova's original finisher, and his was better than Edge's to IMO. Nova invented hundreds if moves that would usually end up on Monday Night tv with WCW and WWE wrestlers stealing the moves and passing them off as theirs. Test's Testdrive neckbreaker was also Nova's.

Nova became a serious threat to the ECW TV Title just as the company folded.

For some of his great matches ECW is the place to look. Hopefully with him on the active roster he will be included in the new ECW DVD.

If not and you want good Nova matches to see what he can do try and get a hold of Nova vs Chris Chetti in a loser leaves ECW match or a tagteam match between him and Chetti, (they used to be partners until Chetti turned on him), against The Baldies. In the tag match Nova's Diamond Cutter out of a tree-of-woe is immense. At Judgement Day this year Rey jr. tried to do it and messed it up, but Nova hits it perfectly.

Hope that clears things up a little.

Oh, and his name is taken from Dean Malenko's real name which is Dean Simon.

lol HDC.

• Like 1

The guy in question is Mike Bucci, (hope I've spelled that right), and yes he has come in from OVW. However he spent a long time wrestling in ECW as Supernova, then simply Nova in ECW. He has also competed as Hollywood Nova as part of the bWo. The Blue World Order spoof was only supposed to be around for one night as part of the Blue Meanie's parody phase, but the crowd loved it. ECW then ran bWo skits where Big Stevie Cool (Stevie Richards), Hollywood Nova and Da Blue Guy (Meanie), tried to take over ECW. The main point was, none of the roster really viewed them as a threat. Until Stevie became serious and Nova branched iut on his own. Nova was an Innovator of offesive manouvers and usually pulled out a new move in a match.

Edge's Downward Spiral was Nova's original finisher, and his was better than Edge's to IMO. Nova invented hundreds if moves that would usually end up on Monday Night tv with WCW and WWE wrestlers stealing the moves and passing them off as theirs. Test's Testdrive neckbreaker was also Nova's.

Nova became a serious threat to the ECW TV Title just as the company folded.

For some of his great matches ECW is the place to look. Hopefully with him on the active roster he will be included in the new ECW DVD.

If not and you want good Nova matches to see what he can do try and get a hold of Nova vs Chris Chetti in a loser leaves ECW match or a tagteam match between him and Chetti, (they used to be partners until Chetti turned on him), against The Baldies. In the tag match Nova's Diamond Cutter out of a tree-of-woe is immense. At Judgement Day this year Rey jr. tried to do it and messed it up, but Nova hits it perfectly.

Hope that clears things up a little.

Oh, and his name is taken from Dean Malenko's real name which is Dean Simon.

lol HDC.

Can't forget about the Kryptonite Crunch(which Jerry Lyyn tries to perform to no avail, also the Emrald Fusion). The Tital Wave was an extremely innovative and the bWo was AWESOME!!!!

Big Stevie Cool, Holywood Nova, and Da Blue Guy will live in my heart forever. Nova also did a Swanton that put Hardy's to shame.

I always enjoyed seeing Nova wrestle, and the Simon Dean gimmick os ok. It just needs some direction, as i cant really see where he is headed. All he is doing is insulting fat people, and "fighting" Rosey (who shouldnt even be on tv).

The Simon System gimmick sucks. Picking at fat people is just a cheap way of getting heat and in most cases nowadays no-one actually cares that much. TBH I haven't seen him wrestle yet so I can't comment on his ability but he does seem to have some mic skills. Just a shame the gimmick is so lame :(

The Simon System gimmick sucks. Picking at fat people is just a cheap way of getting heat and in most cases nowadays no-one actually cares that much. TBH I haven't seen him wrestle yet so I can't comment on his ability but he does seem to have some mic skills. Just a shame the gimmick is so lame :(

This is exactly my point. I'm under the impression that he is indeed very talented, and the WWE obviously know this, so can't they find a damned decent way of getting him over?

Seeing how long it has taken them to bloody use the guy at least give the gimmick some time to develop. As long as they do not soil the bWo I couldn't care what they did with Mike Bucci character wise, as long as it involved him in the ring performing. Talent will win through and force them to edit the gimmick, the best guys always shine with the lame gimmicks and I'm sure Bucci will and has already (although I actually quite like it).

I think Simon Deans great' date=' his Simon System is one of the highlights of RAW for me..Seen him wrestle in ECW and he was good and he had a great match with AJ Styles at a WWA show in Australia a couple of years ago...[/quote']

I'd like to see his talent instead of this ridiculous gimmick. I know I've said in the past that any gimmick would do to get some talent on Raw and SD but if this guy is a talented as I've heard, I'd rather just see him wrestle than take the p*ss out of fat people.

• 2 weeks later...

how many gimmicks does the WWE need?

Seeing how long it has taken them to bloody use the guy at least give the gimmick some time to develop. As long as they do not soil the bWo I couldn't care what they did with Mike Bucci character wise' date=' as long as it involved him in the ring performing. Talent will win through and force them to edit the gimmick, the best guys always shine with the lame gimmicks and I'm sure Bucci will and has already (although I actually quite like it).[/quote']

:devil Let us bow our collective heads and reflect on some of the absolute worst gimmicks in WWE history: Bastion Booger,Fastball,Gobbly Gooker,Red Rooster,The Brooklin Brawler,Man-O-War,Man Moutain Rock,Chainsaw Charlie,Max Moon,Atom Bomb,Papa Shango,Skinner,The Bodydonnas,Nailz,"The Genius",Zeus;etc. :roll

And now you can add this sad gimmick to that long stench of a list.When he was Super-Nova in ECW he was at least entertaining to watch. Now hes just flat out annoying like a cold sore. If they wanted to bring him in to add some flair to Raw they should've brought him in as"Super-Nova" to take on the Hurricane head on for top billing as Raw's super-hero.Then later on have him & Hurricane & Rosey form an alliance. :P

Gay sounding? Sure it is.But as least it would've been more interesting to see than watching his sad imitation of Richard Simmons inside the ring. :help