TWO Best PPV Match: WrestleMania 2000 (16)

Chris2K

Best Match at WM2000?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Best Match at WM2000?

• Bossman and Buchanan vs. The Godfather and D'Lo Brown
    • Hardcore Battle Royal
    • Test and Albert vs. Head Cheese
    • Edge and Christian vs. The Hardys vs. The Dudleys (Ladders/Tables Match)
    • Terri vs. The Kat
    • Chyna & Too Cool vs. The Radicalz
    • Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit
    • Kane & Rikishi vs. X-Pac and Road Dogg
    • Triple H vs. The Rock vs. Mick Foley vs. Big Show

WrestleMania 2000 emanated from the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California on April 2. The main event was, quite possibly, the most star-studded main event in WrestleMania history -- a Fatal Fourway for the World Wrestling Entertainment Championship, with a McMahon family member in the corner of each participant.

World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman Vince McMahon chose The Rock as the man he wanted to become champion. Stephanie was at the side of her husband and champion, Triple H. Shane stood behind the Big Show. Linda, the matriarch of the McMahon family, convinced Mick Foley to come out of retirement so he could live his dream and fight in the main event at WrestleMania. In the end, Vince betrayed The Rock to help Triple H retain the WWE Title, and was reunited with Stephanie.

Also at WrestleMania, Edge and Christian captured their first Tag Team Championship in a memorable Tables and Ladders Match, Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit were crowned European and Intercontinental Champion, respectively, and Hardcore Holly emerged victorious in a wild Hardcore Battle Royal.

Finalists so far:

Hulk Hogan/Mr. T vs. Roddy Piper/Paul Orndorff (WM1)

The British Bulldogs vs. Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake (WM2)

Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage (WM3)

Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase (WM4)

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage (WM5)

Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan (WM6)

Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage (WM7)

Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper (WM8)

Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka (WM9)

Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (WM10)

Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel (WM11)

Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (WM12)

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (WM13)

definitely the triple threat. i didn't like the main event at all, especially as it was a four way and it was Mania. Mania for me should always have a one on one main evnet, something a bit special.

So it was Benoit, Angle and Jericho, three of the best in ring talents in the WWE over the past 4 years showing how it's done.

This was a poor WM.

The Main event stunk, the 1st match stunk, the whole card nearly stunk.

And when the Main event sticks you know you have a crap WM.

Only 2 matches were good - Ladder Match and the Triple Threat.

But the Ladder Match gets my vote.

EDIT: How could i forget about Head Cheese :D. Make that 3 good matches.

Edited by MARTIN316V1

This mania was pathetic...Only one singles match on the entire card and that was a joke.

Gotta go with the IC/Euro Triple Threat, By far and away the best match of the night. Although the Triangle Ladder match was pretty impressive.

i don't know why people are so hard on this show

you got a bonafide classic in the ladder match and another 4 star match for the euro/IC titles

the hardcore match was fairly entertaining for what it was and the radicalz match was pretty good

the main event was perfectly acceptable wrestling with good crowd heat

yes, there was some crap as well, but to me its a pretty entertaining show

anyways, i vote for the ladder match this time

Gotta go with the popular opinion and agree that the Triple Threat and the Ladder Matches where the best things on the show...

Gotta go with the Triple Threat though as it made the IC title and the Euro title seem important and thats the last time the Euro belt would be. Plus it was Jericho, Benoit and Angle in the same ring upstaging the main eventers for the first but not the last time.

TLC I and II where better then the Triple Threat Ladder match (to give its real title).

The main event was not good booking (The heel leaving WM with his belt? Plus WM main events should always be one on one sure the triple threat worked this year but that was the exception that proves the rule.)

So that said the Triple threat match with Angle & chrisses gets my vote.

Why does everyone hate the main event?? Ok so it was a fatal four way which isn't really traditional wrestlemania style but if you look at the big picture this match set up WWE up for one of its most successful years ever. FACT

Why does everyone hate the main event?? Ok so it was a fatal four way which isn't really traditional wrestlemania style but if you look at the big picture this match set up WWE up for one of its most successful years ever. FACT
rubbish, this main event actually played little part in any of that. the beginning of the year was superb, Mania was then poor, and things stepped up throught he rest of the year. That Mania main event didn't set anything up or add anything really, it was a one off piece of crap that should not have been booked. The rest of the year was good and successful in spite of it, rather than because of it

I voted for the Hardcore battle royal, simply for the fact that it was enjoyable to watch, even though the finish was mucked up.

The three way/four way matches were great, but what was expected of them. IMO the HBR surpassed expectations.

I have to say I hated that Battle Royal, I just thought it was a clusterf#ck without anything good about it. Half the workers in it were awful. There were people getting hit with loads of crap foil. Tazz started pinning people when he was the champion. And then the ending was a completely botch. I saw nothing of value in that match and thought it was a total waste of tv time. Yet another reason the Hardcore Title had no credibility, hell, in the space of one match we had about 7 different champions.

I must say I enjoyed the Hardcore match for what it was, a match that was fun & ultimatly forgetable. Gotta agree though half the guys didn't seem to know what they were doing did they even plan this match in advance? Or did they just intend for it to look messy?