Heyman Comments on TNA

Tajiri

This is from the ECW Byte This show:

When asked about TNA being competition to WWE, Heyman says absolutely not. He says that Jerry Jarrett is the single most brilliant businessman he has ever met, including Vince McMahon, in his entire life because of their current situation. He says that TNA has put a spin on their situation the likes that he’s never seen. He says that when ECW filed for bankruptcy, ECW was owed so much money by PPV companies, “that it was sick.” He says that they were owed so much money that the PPV companies decided to hold out because they could settle out in the bankruptcy court. He says that not including the money owed to ECW (because they couldn’t get to it), they were $7 or $8 million in the hole after ECW’s run.

Heyman says TNA has lost far more than ECW ever did with reports that they have lost up to $15 million. He says that Jarrett goes down in history as the brilliant businessman because it’s not his money, it’s Panda Energy’s. Heyman says that he lost his ass and filed for personal bankruptcy and he’s not ashamed of it because he put his life into it and never took a paycheck from it. Meanwhile, Jerry Jarrett made money, Panda Energy is sinking money and everyone thinks they are going to go against WWE when they are losing money. Heyman says that everyone says Jarrett is brilliant, “while I’m the dumbass who destroyed ECW.”

Heyman says that Jarrett should be hired by a spin-meister by anyone in business because of how brilliantly he has spinned the situation. He says that he wishes someone would step up and be competition, but it won’t be TNA.

I dunno. I see TNA as a mainstream alternative, which is what WCW effectively was to WWE. People think ECW was a mainstream alternative too, but it was always an alternative to the mainstream, which is something entirely different.

Shame that Heyman feels that way, but to be fair, I can see some of his points.

Yeah they have never said anything about challenging WWE all of their comerciels say the new wrestling ALTERNATIVE. That's just his opinion but I think one day TNA will be able to be taken as serious competition for WWE, but right now I think they're happy being the #2 wrestling promotion (as far as publicity goes not wrestling action).

Arguable on the wrestling case. Whilst only a small part on paper, WWE main events actually seem like main events. I will never be able to buy Jarrett as a main eventer, ever. Not doubting his ability. He just screams "Midcard" to me. And whilst that is just one factor, it's the most important factor of any show. Afterall, every show revolves around it in one way or another.

Yes, but Bradshaw as a character has gotten over with the fans, even if most of them hate his (lack of) wrestling ability. He does have charisma, and his wrestling is slightly improving. But even though it's still Bradshaw, the title hasn't suffered too much from his reign.

Arguable on the wrestling case. Whilst only a small part on paper, WWE main events actually seem like main events. I will never be able to buy Jarrett as a main eventer, ever. Not doubting his ability. He just screams "Midcard" to me. And whilst that is just one factor, it's the most important factor of any show. Afterall, every show revolves around it in one way or another.

and presumably you realise that TNA is a much smaller promotion than the WWE, therefore its main events will be smaller, and have lesser known wrestlers in? Yes in WWE Jarrett would be midcard, but he's not in WWE. All the TNA main eventers would be in the WWE midcard at best. But then they aren't going to have main eventers that compete with Benoit, Michales, HHH, Orton etc in terms of their persona or how much they draw.

Look at ECW's old main events. Jerry Lynn Vs RVD, Shane Douglas Vs Taz. Great matchtes for that company but put them onto a WWE show back then and they screamed midcard.

Nobody's trying to suggest that the TNA main eventers are on a par with the WWE ones. However I think Raven Vs Jarrett screamed of main event. And to be fair, bearing in mind TNA's size, Jarrett Vs Hardy screamed main event too. No, in WWE it wouldn't be but then they aren't supposed to be competition like that. How can they on their budget cmopete with something like Rock Vs Hogan at Mania (which wasn't even the frigging main event).

You also have to loko at the sort of main events TNA have put on. Personally the four way match to decide the first ever X division champion with Lynn, Styles, Low Ki and Psicosis was not only on a par in terms of workrate and drama with most (although not all) WWE ppv main events, it was also deemed at the time by the likes of Marvez and Meltzer as the best match they'd seen on ppv that year. I hate using the Meltzer argument because while I think he is a great source for insider news, I tend to think his stuff based on opinion as opposed to fact usually involves him talking a lot of crap but most people on here take him as gospel so I guess it's relevant.

My whole point with this is yes, all the TNA main eventers are nothing more than midcard compared to WWE but that's a ridiculously obvious point that doesn't need to be made. Nobody expects, or suggests it to be any other way.

To be honest, ECW main events hardly ever screamed "main event" to me either. There are very few matches I could namedrop as being "Main Event God Dammit!!!!!!!".

I agree with Raven v Jarrett, but the build up was fantastic, and I was as big a fan of Raven as I had ever been at that point. I've never see the atmosphere of a TNA main event since, and that's a shame. I don't doubt that TNA is smaller. But he could be in FCW for all I care. Jarrett does not scream "main eventer" to me. Of all of them right now, in all honesty, only Monty Brown does, and we all know why that is (and it's not his ring work).

Fact is, WWE main events *usually* make me feel like I'm watching a main event. Hogan/Rock, HHH/Michaels/Benoit, hell, even the 8-man at Survivor Series not long ago. It doesn't always have to be a technical masterpiece - just something that leaps out of the screen at me, that I feel like I'm a part of.

Maybe I've come to expect too much from a main event. I've been spoilt by the likes of Austin/Dude Love, Austin/Rock, Rock/Mankind, Hogan/Rock etc, so it's quite a harsh fall from grace when, as a sports entertainment fan, you've got some admittedly awesome action on TNA (and I would never argue otherwise), but that spark missing from it's main events, which should be the absolute central most important aspect of any product, which could make or break any show or even company.

yeah and I understand completely the point you're making but I just don't see that it's something they can do anything about.

Raven Vs Jarrett was indeed the exception and it's been rare since then that a crowd has ever been hot like that for a TNA match. The thing is though that I just don't see what they can do about it.

Their main events, like ECW's, serve the purpose of being main events for that company but no, they don't compete with WWE main events.

No disrespect to FCW, and I know I've not seen any of it Draven but if JJ wrestled on one of your shows he'd put on the best main event the company has ever seen. Sorry. He knows how to work a match, and anyone who can carry Jeff Hardy at this point in his career to a decent match is well worth a main event spot in a company the size of TNA.

The point I'm making all through this thread is this. THERE IS NO COMPETITION. Anyone in TNA who kids themselves there is, anyone in WWE who is worried that there is, and any fan of either company who believes there is, is seriously deluded. The two company's are existing in the industry right now without even being close to direct competition. TNA is the closest thing to the WWE right now but they are just nowhere near challenging them.

Personally I prefer the TNA shows, but I'm a minority. Half the world doesn't even know who TNA is, most of it knows of the WWE.

Edited by Jayden

JBL is 20 times the champion Jeff Jarrett will ever be.

hahaha. I absolutely wet myself reading that. Bradshaw=works stiff, cant wrestle, never been anything more than a tag team wrestler. Remember 2002 they tried to push him? Couldnt work it then , ended putting him as Blackjack bradshaw hardcore wrestling before once again APA.

Jeff Jarrett-Champion in EVERY company hes ever been in. Former 6 time Intercontinental Champion. WCW Champion, WWA Champion, NWA Champion. Sells moves, doesnt work stiff. Was on verge of main event in WWE until Austin refused to work with him. Trained by legendary billionaire Jerry Jarrett. 2nd Generation Wrestler. Had some of the greatest matches of all time. Won the first ever triple Tier Cage match. Has held the NWA championship since May 2004. Won the first and only King of the Mountain match. Attacked Hulk Hogan in press conference in October 2003 after Hogan had wrestled a match against M. Chomo. Lay down for Hulk Hogan at Bash at the Beach 2000 amongst controversy. Made deal with Mexicos AAA to help put on partnership shows in TNA. Created the X Division, created the Ultimate X, created KotM, created Americas/World X Cup and Super X Cup....need i say more? And ont op of that hes a better wrestler

Preach it F2K. LOL.

Yeah nobody was suggesting TNA main eventers were on par with WWE's. I was just saying that TNA's main events are more entertaining than WWE's IMO. They allways provide great wrestling action. For some reason everybody thinks there has to be big names in the main event for it to be entertaining.

TNA is NOT competiton just a very good ALTERNATIVE. IMO they are better than WWE right now.

For TNA to be a true alternative, in the truest sense of the word, they'd need to provide alternatives to WWE. Right now, what they're putting out is WWE 0.8. I don't download Impact half as much as I used to, and seeing the same old formula of Nash, Hall, Savage and Jarrett at the top just gives me nightmare flashbacks of the dying days of WCW.

A while back, TNA was putting on a true alternative. While WWE was bringing in Tyson Tomko and Luther Reigns, TNA had guys who were totally the opposite (ie- talented) dominating their shows. Even back in the very early days of TNA, guys like Styles, Low Ki, Daniels and Red were doing crazy stuff you'd never see on WWE TV. And I loved it. I'm sorry to keep on using the same word, but it was an alternative to WWE. If you were sick of the McMahons, you put on TNA and you got something a bit different.

Now what happens when you get sick of WWE's product, with talentless guys getting pushes and people who's best days are behind them at the top of the show? You tune into TNA, and see other talenteless guys getting pushes and people who's best days are behind them at the top of the show. That's not an alternative, that's just doing a bad job of copying a rival's formula.

I do have a soft spot for TNA, and wish them all the luck in the world, because competition between promotions makes for better TV. However, Kevin Nash isn't going to be the guy who bring success to the promotion. Nor is Savage. Until they start offering something that WWE isn't, they're going to look like a poor knock off.

Obviously Dra has never watched any of his matches with Raven, Aj Style or Wilcat Chris Harris let alone, King Of The Mountain match, Triple tier Cage match. Some of his title matches in WCW.

http://scarless1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bradshit.jpg

Jarrett is a great champ IMO but it needs to be on either Ron Killings or Chris Daniels (Im thinking this will happen after Turning Point since the losing team(XXX most likely)won't be able to team up afterward).

Actually, I predict that AMW will lose. The locker room, bookers and most notably Chris Harris seem to be losing patience with James Storm backstage antics, so unfortunately, AMW will probably have to break up. Which will lead to Storm vs Harris feud, and hopefully a Chris Harris title match.

Actually' date=' I predict that AMW will lose. The locker room, bookers and most notably Chris Harris seem to be losing patience with James Storm backstage antics, so unfortunately, AMW will probably have to break up. Which will lead to Storm vs Harris feud, and hopefully a Chris Harris title match.[/quote']

Yes yes yes yes yes yes. Thank the lord another Harris fan. Jay look another one. I totally agree i think it will be an AMW loss but i can honestly see Harris turning on Storm. Its something I would love to see and be built up right. Not have the one on one just yet build it up :worship

Jeff Jarrett-Champion in EVERY company hes ever been in. Former 6 time Intercontinental Champion. WCW Champion' date=' WWA Champion, NWA Champion. Sells moves, doesnt work stiff. Was on verge of main event in WWE until Austin refused to work with him. Trained by legendary billionaire Jerry Jarrett. 2nd Generation Wrestler. Had some of the greatest matches of all time. Won the first ever triple Tier Cage match. Has held the NWA championship since May 2004. Won the first and only King of the Mountain match. Attacked Hulk Hogan in press conference in October 2003 after Hogan had wrestled a match against M. Chomo. Lay down for Hulk Hogan at Bash at the Beach 2000 amongst controversy. Made deal with Mexicos AAA to help put on partnership shows in TNA. Created the X Division, created the Ultimate X, created KotM, created Americas/World X Cup and Super X Cup....need i say more? And ont op of that hes a better wrestler[/quote']

Ok, so will Jeff Jarrett be remembered as:

A. Jeff Jarrett ''NWA World Champion''

B. Jeff Jarrett ''Former WCW Champion''

C. Jeff Jarrett ''Former 6 Time WWF Intercontinental Champion''

D. Jeff Jarrett ''The guy with the guitar''

Thought so.

All of them actually. Hes a 3 time NWA Champion, and longest reigning in recent history. He was a fantastic WCW Champion, and his 6 time IC title reigns was a record until a month or so ago. As for the guitar its his gimmick, you know something used to get him over.

How will Bradshaw be remembered

A-The guy they gave the belt to who couldnt wrestle?

B-The guy supposedly from New York but spoke Texan

C- The guy who couldnt get over for about 6 years until they ran out of talent?

D- The guy that got injured doing a clothesline?

Answer is E-all of the above