If you were President For ONE day.

Taki

After a chat with The Maxx just a moment ago about how screwed up the world is, I asked him what he would do if he was president for one day. Sparking him to say what a good thread it would make so THANX MAXX.

What would you do IF you could be President/Prime Minister for one day?

Everyone says things like "That monkeys not fit to be in charge of a country" so what would you do to change your country.

What laws would you pass or change.

xXx

• Like 1

Here's the thing, it's pointless. A prime minister or president doesn't get to pass laws like that. You can't just change things overnight or in one day. That's why most terms are 4 years.

There's nothing I could do as Prime Minister in one day that would make a blind bit of difference so I'd just go out in front of as many people as I could and give some sort of speech on the state of the planet and the human race which would end up with me being seen as just pretentious and preeching and turn people off anyway.

OK Jayden no need to be so literal.

Thats why our country is so messed up because it takes so long to do these things but IF you could do it and it would only take a day what would you do. I know you are passionate about many things and I have no doubt that you would change a lot.

xXx

Sorry, I was being a pedantic asshole. To be honest there's just too many things that I'd change with the world, yet at the same time I think it's still a really beautiful place that people underestimate.

Yes we've trashed the world, but there's still enough beauty out there in the planet, and in ourselves to make me realise how special life is.

I'n not going to list every single thing I'd change it would take too long but I would try, and probably fail, to make the world a safer, yet less oppressive place where everyone was accepted. The problem with that is that you can't change closed mindsets and bigotted views with laws.

Well first I would make it mandatory for those who wish to have children, to take classes in parenting and child raising. You must have a valid licence to have kids, and must be atleast 18years old to take the classes. With a manditory vasectomy and /or tubaligation after having 2 children.

I would pull the US troops out of all forign countries and use them primarily to tighten our own boarders. Including and especialy Mexico. Only allowing their food to pass through. But not their water! Ewwww!

I would bomb Canada and steal their heath care program :P!

I would end the war on drugs, and legalize marajuana!

Cut the buget on the space program/anti-terrorism propaganda and give the funds to public schools. Schools must have uniforms. French and Spanish must be taught to ALL students.

Immagrants would have to pass a citizenship course before even stepping into the US!

Put all death row inmates in a rocket headed for the sun!

Make farming and the beef industry once again a privatly run business.

Find alteritave forms of power and eliminate oil as the primary sourse of fuel, no one in "MY" country is gonna die for Oil!

Manditoy "head" on Fridays. I'd go twice a week but my girlfriend says that I'm pushing my luck! :P

...and thats the bottom line, because President Maxx said So!

Do a Bill Clinton... Use my power and status to get some action with as many women as possible!

I wouldn't be in charge the next day so what could anyone do?

Plus I'd tidy away some of the budget itno a grey area and use it to live off....

What more do you need that can be achieved in a day?

first of all i'd make gay marriage a legal right the same as straight marriages.

I'd take troops out of anywhere they were not serving an actual purpose and possibly even pull british troops from iraq and leave Bush to sort his own mess!

Fox Hunting banned effective immediatly and all shooting of animals to be done by professionals not just let any yahoo with a shotgun wander into the forest and fire wildly possibly injuring an animal and causing it to suffer a long painful death.

Encourage US to sight Kyoto protocol, rights of the child and Human rights treaties (possibly threatening to pull out of Iraq if they don't bwahahah)

increase alternative fuel sources and cut fossil fuels

put stronger emmission controls on cars and industry, encourage research into electric, hybrid, liquid gas and hydrogen/water fueled vehicles.

legalise cannibis to increase resources for use against hard drugs

turn Britain into a republic and devolve completely into seperate countries

• Like 2

I would make Scotland independant.

Then I would make an "onion" tax so that nobody could put onions in food anymore, thus solving all my problems.

And I would make it mandatory that everybody have oral sex at least once every 2 days.

It's even worse when you have to eat a meal somebody has made and you have to pretend you like it even tho there are massive bits of onions in it.

DONT THESE PEOPLE REALISE NOT EVERYBODY LIKES ONIONS?

It's the same when you go to a friends house and all they have is Coke and Orange Juice. Am I the only guy who hates both? Surely lemonade, Sprite, 7UP whatever is far more likely to appeal to everybody?!?!

Bastards... all of them.

first of all i'd make gay marriage a legal right the same as straight marriages.

I'd take troops out of anywhere they were not serving an actual purpose and possibly even pull british troops from iraq and leave Bush to sort his own mess!

Fox Hunting banned effective immediatly and all shooting of animals to be done by professionals not just let any yahoo with a shotgun wander into the forest and fire wildly possibly injuring an animal and causing it to suffer a long painful death.

Encourage US to sight Kyoto protocol, rights of the child and Human rights treaties (possibly threatening to pull out of Iraq if they don't bwahahah)

increase alternative fuel sources and cut fossil fuels

put stronger emmission controls on cars and industry, encourage research into electric, hybrid, liquid gas and hydrogen/water fueled vehicles.

legalise cannibis to increase resources for use against hard drugs

turn Britain into a republic and devolve completely into seperate countries

Tajiri San = My new hero!

Seriously if everyone thought like him then the world would be a much more friendly, safer and also more enviromently sound place for the future generations that will occupy this once green and fragrant world.

• Like 1

I would ban politics, money and ownership of things.

I would actively encourage the use of sharing within a structured world society and would end third world debt.

I would set those capable enough and willing enough the task of finding cures for illnesses rather than ways to alleviate pain.

I would afford animals the same basic rights as humans, to live free of fear and neglect.

Wrestling would be compulsory in P.E. at schools so that bullying could be sorted out by honest competition.

I would create Demosocracy, but following a Socratic method of learning and teaching each other rather than relying on individuals to teach children, it would be the responsibilty of all.

I would ask that everyone dream and not have nightmares.

I would have soldiers on each street corner in the country to protect against invaders and to be on hand in times of emergency, not in far foreign lands fighting illegal wars.

I would make the truth known and try to create an atmosphere of care rather than fear.

Spiritchaser

Would be very Busy

Ok firstly, like simon I would make Scotland independent, that way their crummy MP's couldn't keep saving Blair's ass on England / Wales votes. To make them independent I would have that wall re built so it is 60m's high out of old Special Brew cans.

I would then sentence anyone who doesn't like onions or mushrooms to death, but it would be death by either:

Bananaphone

Badgers

Footy Badgers

I would make HHH job to Shannon Moore, Funaki and that other jobber, Maven

I would fine all Vegetarians for they are killing Plants, which stops Cows from feeding which stops me from having lovely steak.

I would find a way to make my kinda humour acceptable to all on TWO - maybe along the lines of the stage hypnotist on Little Britain.

I would make Bananaphone the american national anthem, mainly to see George Bush trying to say Banjamamaphone

I would make Jayden the patron saint of pink munckins and Trashman would become lord of Chav Cowboy land.

Firstly I would imprison anyone who had been commiting corruption within the already screwed up parliment that we have.

Then I would ban the use of coal its disgusting foul form of energy that makes so much dust and is extremely bad for the environment.

I'd take the troops out of Foreign countries because its not our problem. Then I would place the medics in our NHS system the MP's in the police system, the Signals would be on communication tapping against terrorists, the navy would be stopping whale and dolpin hunting. The air force would be gaurding the skies so we dont suffer the same fate as our american friends.

I would set a limit to the amount of imigrants accepted into our country every year to 2000 and that would be an equal share of all countries not just countries that we have ruined.

With the money saved from war and repairing those countries would go into our economy making it a better place in general because that money could build more housing more entertainment for children more amenities and better functions.

I would increase the level of education to that of America, meaning that our children would not leave school till they reach 18 thats before college.

Add driving lessons into the school system. Saving the kids money when they left and not being able to get to job interviews.

I would take all the people in prison for any for of injustice against children and the elderly and kill them all, dont care how as long as they were dead.

now for the petty bits, I'd get all the roads relaid properly because I dont know about England but the roads down here in Wales are crap. when they dig them up somehow when it goes back down its always at a different height to before making bumps.

Get street cleaners with pressure washers because the pavements are so dirty, everyone calls Britain a dirty country so Id do something about it.

Thats all I can think of right now if I remember anymore I will put them up.

xXx

...and Trashman would become lord of Chav Cowboy land.

Cheers, and I'd make sure you were painted green permanantly and made spokesman of Green Giant corn. And you'd also feature on the adverts with your stupid big green hands saying "Ho ho ho, Green German."

I'd choose to be President rather than Prime Minister of my own country so that I would make sure a law was passed that meant the next day when I was out of power, Bush would not be able allowed back in the White House.

And thats what I'd do. :)

Sounds great, the sooner you fly us all off somewhere for a drink the better. We'd have such an awesome night.

I'd spend the early part of the evening drinking too much too quickly and dancing my little butt off. Then I'd move onto having a deep and meaningful with Takkarella, where I'd tell her I loved her abou 27 times in the space of about 10 minutes. ChavMania and Schweinenberger would be doing entertaining and fun things all night that would have me in stitches. And then once everything calmed down I'd spend the rest of the night sitting at a table, with a nice bottle of scotch, sipping away while debating something thought provoking with Spiritchaser.

Schweinenberger for Prime Minister