WWE's next big thing

i lie pie

I was just reading that TNA's next big thing thread and thought about who's the wwe's next big thing. I don't mean just orton or cena so don't say them because I sure as hell don't want to watch them over and over in 10 years time. Theres a couple I thought of off the top of my head.

Dupree- I dispise this guy. he is so sterotypical french. I was born in paris and lived there for 12 years and nobody does anything like that. But all personal feelings aside he has a good look and decent inring ability. He is still very young as well so he could be.

Jindrak- I like him very good look. very athletic no real mike skill but is young and will improve.

Cade- like his old school style but not convinced he is going anywhere.

La resistance- have impressed me and work well together so it will be interesting to see what happens with them.

orlando jordan- never liked but am now coming around because of his excellent match with booker t. With JBL he is also getting to wrestle people like the undertaker and booker which can't hurt his career.

yeah i think the likes of Dupree and Jordan need to get to a level of consistency before they can get to the top of the game. With the exception of your Cena's and your Lesnars its all about paying dues and edging to the top, |I totally agree about Edge, and ironically, with the WWE recent push of big bastards (heidenreich/snitsky/tomko) none of them have the charisma and ability of someone like Batista, who for me is gonna be a massive star as soon as evolution disintergrate

Add into that people like Haas and Benjamin, and the futures bright and coincidentally orange

actually if he had come in as a CW at the start Josh may have done something although i think he's good as he is now.

now barring the obvious Cena's and Orton's i'd say its Edge and maybe Christian, really what they need is a clear out nearer the top of the card *i'm talking to you Calloway* so there is more space and hopefully demote HHH a bit so someone else gets to be the focus on raw. Also they could do big things if they simply booked the CW division right and built up a serious womens devision with some UK or Japanese talent instead of the eyecandy. (how did Gail Kim, Nidia and Jazz get the boot when Damn marie, Torrie wilson and to a lesser extent Stacy kiebler ,who has got better recently, stay in the company?)

i think WWE are seriously lacking any main event talent on SmackDown despite it being a tremendous show. Guys like JBL shouldnt be main event let alone champion.

I'd like to see guys like Edge, Christian, Jericho in the main event as for the next big thing I dont think that WWE possibly have anyone that can fit that role bar Randy Orton

Edge or Shelton for me too. But who knows what additions they may add to the roster. Without a WCW to piss people off and make them leave for WWE, or an ECW where the stars of tomorrow get exposure, it's gonna be harder to make that breakthrough IMO.

Mordecia, IMO was rushed up, and therefore not ready for what they offered him.

I always wanted Simon Diamond to go to WWE, and with Dawn-Marie in WWE and ECW folding, I thought he would. I liked him in ECW and felt his team with Swinger could re-energise a stale tag team division.

The thing is though, that the company isn't really giving us time to get to know some off them before they are thrust upon us.

Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Austin, Bret Hart, Undertaker and Edge, these guys have had time to grow into our conciousness and we see them as big things in the industry. When a guy like Mark Jindrak, whom I like, is pushed, we don't really buy into them being around for to long. Therefore I can't percieve them as Next-Big-Things. Brock Lesnar is a one-in-a-million occurance, that you won't see happening for a long time.

An outside bet could be Christian.

How long before we talk about Burchill in the same breath as these guys? He goes to OVW in January, will probably spend six month there before going to WWE.... two years time perhaps?

Anyway, next big things: Orton and Cena, obviously.... Christian should be by rights.... Dinsmore once they sort out his gimmick(!)... and Rene Dupree, no doubt. Also, Paul London if they give him the time his work deserves and Paul progresses at a good rate.

I said Orton right from the start, even when he was a face on smackdown before he got injured

Shelt would now be top of my list. Its inevitable that Cena will get the main event push in the next year. Christians execution is superb and I cant believe he isnt bigger than he is or has been. I seem to be one of very few marks of Maven, if he could just polish his mic skills then I would love to see him at the top (legitimately, not filling the gaps as he is at the mo with this GM thing)

Have never been a fan of Edge, dont know why, just havnt. I respect his in-ring work, but IMO he sux on the mic and I just dont buy into any heel character he tries to portray, especially the one at the mo

I'm not a fan of the Smackdown brand but I think Charlie Haas has got a lot of potential

didnt orton get injured as a face on RAW?

in the 2 matches in a row thing

Orton injured his shoulder while on the smackdown roster then WWE aired those promos "Get well Randy" to get him over as a heel, then he showed up on RAW and helped out HHH sparking the Evolution angle

Orton injured his shoulder while on the smackdown roster then WWE aired those promos "Get well Randy" to get him over as a heel' date=' then he showed up on RAW and helped out HHH sparking the Evolution angle[/quote']

I'm sure he went off Smackdown tv with a different injury, he then returned to RAW as a face, then he injured his shoulder, that's when the RNN skits started airing and he came back as a heel.

yeah thats what i thought, i remember him wrestling on Smackdown, then disappearing, then i remember him ****in his shoulder on RAW, coz it was during the unamericans thing, Bichoff made him wrestle twice and im pretty sure i remember JR raving about Cowboy Bob Orton all match, coz he did his stupid old finisher that juist looked like a messed up fameasser an he got it wrong on......christian????

clarification anyone?