Want Head? - Now theres a reason!

Christof

Study: Fellatio may significantly decrease the risk of breast cancer in women

Thursday, October 2, 2003 Posted: 9:19 AM EDT (1319 GMT)

(AP) --Women who perform the act of fellatio and swallow semen on a regular basis, one to two times a week, may reduce their risk of breast cancer by up to 40 percent, a North Carolina State University study found.

Doctors had never suspected a link between the act of fellatio and breast cancer, but new research being performed at North Carolina State University is starting to suggest that there could be an important link between the two.

In a study of over 15,000 women suspected of having performed regular fellatio and swallowed the ejaculatory fluid, over the past ten years, the researchers found that those actually having performed the act regularly, one to two times a week, had a lower occurance of breast cancer than those who had not. There was no increased risk, however, for those who did not regularly perform.

"I think it removes the last shade of doubt that fellatio is actually a healthy act," said Dr. A.J. Kramer of Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, who was not involved in the research. "I am surprised by these findings, but am also excited that the researchers may have discovered a relatively easy way to lower the occurance of breast cancer in women."

The University researchers stressed that, though breast cancer is relatively uncommon, any steps taken to reduce the risk would be a wise decision.

"Only with regular occurance will your chances be reduced, so I encourage all women out there to make fellatio an important part of their daily routine," said Dr. Helena Shifteer, one of the researchers at the University. "Since the emergence of the research, I try to fellate at least once every other night to reduce my chances."

The study is reported in Friday's Journal of Medical Research.

In 1991, 43,582 women died of breast cancer, as reported by the National Cancer Institute.

Dr. Len Lictepeen, deputy chief medical officer for the American Cancer Society, said women should not overlook or "play down" these findings.

"This will hopefully change women's practice and patterns, resulting in a severe drop in the future number of cases," Lictepeen said.

Sooner said the research shows no increase in the risk of breast cancer in those who are, for whatever reason, not able to fellate regularly.

"There's definitely fertile ground for more research. Many have stepped forward to volunteer for related research now in the planning stages," he said.

Almost every woman is, at some point, going to perform the act of fellatio, but it is the frequency at which this event occurs that makes the difference, say researchers. Also key seems to be the protein and enzyme count in the semen, but researchers are again waiting for more test data.

The research consisted of two groups, 6,246 women ages 25 to 45 who had performed fellatio and swallowed on a regular basis over the past five to ten years, and 9,728 women who had not or did not swallow. The group of women who had performed and swallowed had a breast cancer rate of 1.9 percent and the group who had not had a breast cancer rate of 10.4 percent.

"The findings do suggest that there are other causes for breast cancer besides the absence of regular fellatio," Shafteer said. "It's a cause, not THE cause."

SOURCE: Zurich Medical Labs, Los Angeles

URL: Zurich Labs

Yes there is a god!

• Like 2

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh guys come on ewww yuck, t-shirts, Trash You're a cute guy I'm sure you dont need a t-shirt, Jayden I cant say Im shocked Or you F2k.

Bad Bad boys all you 3 ever think of is sex or lack of it, i tell you what im gonna send you lot one of my sisters each for christmas, just so you'll shut up about it for a little while.

I dont care how much it reduces breast cancer ive got an easier answer get me a doctor to chop my boobs off Ill be happier without any thanx.

xXx

Oh guys come on ewww yuck, t-shirts, Trash You're a cute guy I'm sure you dont need a t-shirt, Jayden I cant say Im shocked Or you F2k.

Bad Bad boys all you 3 ever think of is sex or lack of it, i tell you what im gonna send you lot one of my sisters each for christmas, just so you'll shut up about it for a little while.

I dont care how much it reduces breast cancer ive got an easier answer get me a doctor to chop my boobs off Ill be happier without any thanx.

xXx

eww yuck? oh but when we go down on you and lap up all your stale urine, tampon remains, the leftovers of your last period, and anything else that happens to be wallowing in and around your hole that's ok?

and, where the idea all three of us only ever think about sex came from I have no idea.

However taki, you have great tits, if you do get someone to chop them off, could I have them stuffed and keep them on my wall?

Excuse me, no you cant.

What a horrible way of putting that man that sounds really yucky, sort of glad I dont have a sex life at the moment cos Id be put off for life.

Jayden I blame you for any lack of sex I experience over christmas now that Im pretty much single.

Nah I dont care how good it aparently is for you not a hope in hell, I hate it. So I may be more at risk of breast cancer but at least I dont have to puke up a lot.

xXx

yeah it sounds yucky, i was just making the point that it's no more yucky than when girls go down on guys. you were the first one to say "ewww" at the thought of giving head.

you blame me for any lack of sex experience you have over christmas? that's a bit harsh. i understand that you hate it, and that's fair enough, nobody says you have to like it but i really don't see what's so gross about oral sex, either way, with someone you're in love with. it's just another way of showing that person affection and pleasing them.

it really makes you puke? damn, that really surprises me. don't know why, i just always imagined you as being someone who'd really like it.

On a related note, I read something the other day I found quite disturbing! In this report it said that men who masturbate very frequently (in other words all of you ;) ) had less chance of getting testicular cancer because as you masterbate you get rid of all the chemicals!

Then I thought, jeepers if any of us gals swallow, aren't we just swallowing all those nasty chemicals??? Answers on a postcard please :D

On a related note' date=' I read something the other day I found quite disturbing! In this report it said that men who masturbate very frequently (in other words all of you ;) ) had less chance of getting testicular cancer because as you masterbate you get rid of all the chemicals![/quote']

If thats true some of us will be testicular cancer free then.

I read that in my local paper too Goldy. How often is "very frequently"? Anybody?

Taki, I didn't say I wanted a T-Shirt with "head" or something written on it, but I wanted to volunteer for the research into the "Fellatio may significantly decrease the risk of breast cancer in women" study. Pureley for scientific reasons of course. ;)

Oh and Jayden, what you posted (#8) was the most vile thing I have read in weeks! I'm disgusted.

Jayden my man, you have without a shadow of a doubt put me of going down on a women for life. That is revolting. Sorry to lower the tone even further, but ever since I read it I cant get rid of the image of coming across (no pun inteded) a piece of soggy toilet paper, and getting it stuck on my tongue. As for the masturbating thing, well if thats the case Im probably the safest man in Britain. In case your wondering, which if you are you need help, my definition of regular is 3 a day, or up to 6 if I have a free day.
  • Like 1

yeah days when working it's a few times, but if you're sat in all day with not a lot to do then it can get way up in terms of numbers.

glad to see i've put so many people off going down on girls. WelshScouser I wouldn't worry about soggy toilet paper, I'd be more worried about finding a bit of an old tampon down there.

• Like 1

In case your wondering' date=' which if you are you need help, my definition of regular is 3 a day, or up to 6 if I have a free day.[/quote']

Shocking. No I really am shocked. If thats average for you and DraVen, well... both your Kleenex budgets must be through the roof.

Thats great to know Goldy, thanks.

To be fair though Jayden, if a guy goes down he's not gonna get blasted in the mouth with a gooey mess. I mean its possible for women, but either way I doubt its that pleasant. (I'm a stranger to all this by the way). So in that way some people can find it disgusting, especially if they do as the study suggests and makes a meal out of it.

But, with no pun intended I say whatever your taste. If you're up for it (Again, no pun) then by all means have a blast...(Ok thats definately intended).