[[Template core/front/global/userBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UK Hall Of Fame!

DC

Did anyone watch this on Sunday night? The shows leading up to it were pretty good and this award show was great to watch.

Watching Mrs Rita Marley accept her husband's award, Queen perform, I could go on, was amazing. And hopefully some younger music fans tuned in to see where real music began.

My only gripe was Robbie winning artist of the '90s. Nirvana, IMO, was a better choice. But hey, it was a public vote.

What did TWO think of it?

lol HDC

Wasn't Robbie up based on his solo work? Otherwise surely Take That would have been up or Robbie/Take That.

I just checked and Robbie had 2 number 1 songs in the 90s. Hardly domination. Radiohead had as many top 40 hits in the 90s as Robbie Williams did.

His first song was in 1996, which is into the second half of the 90s. He shouldn't have even been on the list. It's like with Joy Division. As much as I like them- why the hell were they in the 80s list when Ian Curtis died 5 months into that decade? I know they are linked with the 80s but still.....

Edited by The Crippler

Would have to be The Beatles in the 60's for me, Led Zeppelin in the 70's, for 80's Michael Jackson and for 90's I'd have Blur. I pick them simply because they were consistently consistent and doing really well, throughout the decade. And Queen haven't ever continued, they just seemingly keep asking Brian and Roger to do stuff with a guest singer every now and then, I wouldn't really call that continued.