The Wrestling Channel: Big Announcement

Kam

This is from The Wrestling Channel Forum:

We are proud to announce that on the Friday 29th October edtition of The Bagpipe Report, an announcement will be made that we at TWC feel is our biggest since the launch of the Channel itself in March this year. This will be huge news for all European wrestling fans and will be something that is certain to be the talk to the industry not only in Europe but the world over for months to come.

Do not miss out. Catch this ground breaking announcement first on The Bagpipe Report at 8pm on Friday October 29th exclusive to TWC.

Sean Herbet

The Wrestling Channel

Sounds interesting...

if it's any of the things Dra's mentioned then they are idiots for making out that it;s going to be as big as it is and talked about throughout the world because lets be honest another TWC channel on top of the Reload channel won't be, as for FWA the world doesn't care, and Alex Shane naked? even I don't wanna see that.

Apparently it's not just about the Reload channel though from what I've read, and that would make sense because as I said they've hyped it way too much for it to just be that, if it is they'll just be disappointing people.

I've read there's three or four possibilities.

1. They are going up to date with NWATNA, and showing the old stuff on the Reload channel. this makes a lot of sense, one of the big reasons that TNA wanted it to be behind on TWC was because the shows were ppv's in the US. Of course that's now not the case and witjh Victory Road approachig it would be huge news for TWC to get TNA sorted.

2. Ted Turner, Jimmy Hart and TWC are starting a new promotion. Personally I think this is kinda ridiculous. I've read it might happen but, Turned's pretty big time and TWC is very very small time.

3. Hulk Hogan is gonna be appearing on the Bagpipe Report some time soon. Guess it's possible and I'm sure it'd be entertaining.

4. They are going to be showing that WWE ppv channel that goes live soon with all the old stuff or some WCW or something. Again, I think this is really unlikely.

So, it's either gonna be something Dra suggested which will disappoint people, or something cool like above which mostly seems more unlikely.

However I have been emailing them insisting that if they could replace Alex Shane naked, with Jonny Storm I'd be their fan for life.

They won't show WWE ever - unless Sky suddenly becomes poor or the WWE programme sucks so much in the Sky ratings that they won't buy it anymore.

I've read it could be an XWF European tour, which could happen. Or a supershow. Something with Jimmy Hart I think, since he met up with Sean Herbert recently, and will be at British Uprising III.

The main thing Ive heard is TNA Starting to show the current Impacts on TWC with the old ppvs picking up from where they are now and that Victory Road will be live on TWC. I dont know how much truth there is to this but it sounds the most plausable considering all the hype.

The most probable outcome is this:

Well, we know what is isn't - it's not a supershow in March, run in conjunction with the FWA, and featuring matches from all of TWC's shows, including Kobashi defendign the GHC title on British soil.

We know this because TWC employee Irish Dragon told us it isn't.

And he's a good guy.

And he wouldn't lie.

Because that would suck.

Especially if they then tried to claim they were "working" us. :(

Erm...The big announcement was that they're having a show in Canada? Seems pretty irrelevant, especially when they said it would affect the whole of Europe. Unless Toronto is in Europe these days. At least, George Bush probably thinks it is.

Just out of interest does anybody remember just how bad GMS was in the first "Anarchy in the Asylum" match? For me I've never ever been able to look at him the same since.

Low blow. Low blow. Low blow. Dance.

No thank you.

And what a crap announcement!

Anybody remember WrestleExpress? Me thinks this has the potential to go that way route to.

This is being run with the FWA, so it has a significantly less chance of being another WrestleXpress/XWrestling venture.

I'm happy with the announcemeny myself. The possibility of Kobashi, Styles, Lyger, and Daniels under a british roof sounds good to me. Ok it didn't shake the foundations of the world, but I think it'll do enough to break even and make enough smarks and TWC fans happy.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see those names over here again (Lyger toured Britain before the mask and Styles and Daniels have gone to the FWA before)

The NOAH connection could be a go as the FWA has strong links through Doug to them and it could be enough to pull someone over. The TNA contracts is what really gets in the way because thats an apperance fee, flights etc plus the NWA's fee...