Bomb Threats

Taki

This morning when I went to go to college I was turned away by a police officer, I asked why and he said to listen to the radio for updates then as I was driving away the radio said there had been an incident at the local college and that they couldnt say anymore yet.

When I got home I rang around my friends to see if they knew what was going on none of them did. 10 minutes later i put the radio on to find there has been a bomb threat to the college.

Why do people do this, its distressing for all who could of been there if there truly is a bomb, basically its not the thype of thing I ever thought I'd hear of in Pembrokeshire, its a sleepy county with nothing to offer or threaten anyone so whats the point in threatning to bomb the college, fair enough if it was one of the 3 refineries we have dotted on our coastline but a college doesnt make sense.

It was pathetic though if it was a big college in a big city then maybe i could of understood it but my town could basically be classed as a village and it is in my town that the college is. I never thought this type of thing would ever effect me but this place seems to be turning into hell very fast.

No i dont mean it like that what i meant is it doesnt make sense to threaten such a small place if its for publicity then its the wrong place to do it, i travelled 50 miles away today afterwards and they didt even know about it, in a city its sort of more expected, more possible, im not saying that because we are just a small place we should be any different to the big cities but its just not normal, when i lived in London i knew that pretty much anything was possible, but when i moved back down here i setteld back into the stupid security that made today such a shock.

Yeah, I know what you mean Taki. Why attempt to bomb somewhere in a small village when potentially you can do worse damage in a large city. If someone has access to such materials to constuct a bomb, and do it to hurt other people then surely they would put the bomb somewhere where more people are likely to be. Maybe they did it out on convenience, and if thats the case then the culprit shouldn't be to far from the scene of crime. Charge them with attempted murder, or intended.

[Tom does not wish to encourage the bombing of large cities]

Bomb threats are not a nice thing, no matter where they are occuring. Working at a london train station i have had experience of threats beign placed towards us. Luckily enough each time nothing has happened, however there was one instance where whilst on heightened security due to a threat a member of the public found what looked to be bag with wires hanging out of it. That was deemed to be suspicious and we then evacuated the station immediatley. This is never fun as a lot of work goes into clearing a busy train station in the middle of the peak time of hundreds of people, the police were called to investigate, and luckily enough it turned out to be harmless. The evac caused up to 2 hours of delays, and caused greif to staff and passengers alike. Bomb scares, whether they be real or fake, are not in any way whatsoever anything to joke about.

Archived