Jamie Noble's Firing

A.C.

Just read this on prowrestling.com and they stole it out of the pwtorch newsletter:

Jamie Knoble being fired recently stemmed from test results from an infection that would have put WWE in a tough place if they had retained him as a worker. You can read into that however you like.

:?

What on earth is it? Did I miss a memo and will I find out that this is old news in a minute?

I assumed, from the wording, that the infection itself was not the problem but that the "test results" would probably refer to blood-work. So that made me think drugs.

But why would drug use "put WWE in a tough place..."? It's not like there are rumours a-flying about the place regarding JN being a raging coke-fiend. It's generally assumed that some of their workers' habits and pecadillos are ignored and allowed free-reign. It's only when they become a danger to themselves (Eddy G, Regal) that they tend to step in but then it's usually to help rather than fire. They only fire people on drugs grounds when they're a drain on resources (Jeff Hardy - on a decent-sized contract if the HB'z popularity is any indicator but turning up late and half-arsing) but JN's unlikely to have been on a HUGE downside and I never read of him getting on the wrong side of management.

Which brings me back to the infection. What could it have been? Staph (sp?) used to be very common for wrestlers but you don't see too many cases now as the mats tend to be cleaner and the whole thing is more hygenic.

What is it? This is gonna bug me forever.

Which brings me back to the infection. What could it have been? Staph (sp?) used to be very common for wrestlers but you don't see too many cases now as the mats tend to be cleaner and the whole thing is more hygenic.

What is it? This is gonna bug me forever.

Could have been anything blood related, hepatitis, AIDS etc that they presumably do not want to run the risk of everyone else getting.

Nice post! You don't see the word pecadillos very often on these message boards do you?

The plot thickens. I was listening to Get In the Ring radio this morning and they mentioned a note by Meltzer of some sort of growth on Jamie's butt-cheek.

They were trying to figure out if that'd be the symptom of an STD or a callous caused by shooting up.

I never saw Noble working a heavyweight style per se but I know what you mean, knoxvill. He was a fluid, smooth mat wrestler with great facial expressions, selling and the like.

Perhaps a middle-weight division would be the best place for someone like him? What does he weigh?

He probably won't be in TNA until the new year, after a wrestler exits the WWE, they're not allowed to wrestle anywhere for 90 days, so it being about a month ago that Noble got fired, I'd say he has two months left to wait, then you can pretty much guarantee he'll show up in TNA.