Hey! I like that guy.

wyndorf

Have there ever been any wrestlers that you liked, that nobody else did? Even if they were really awful you marked for them big time, and no one could persuede you otherwise, but you never have found out just why you liked them.

For me it was Dino Bravo, I can't pin point a spercific reason, I just liked the guy. Papa Shango was another guy I really liked, well I liked Kama too, but the Godfather? no, I never liked him, It's strange, cos Charles Wright played all three characters, but I only enjoyed the first two.

I know I'll never get the chance to see Bravo again, but as bad as it might sound, I'd really dig the revival of the great Papa Shango.

I always loved the Disco Inferno, I thought he was underrated as a wrestler and funny as hell. I remember one time he proclaimed he had a new submission finish, but every time he went to apply it he forgot how to do it and would lose. Funny, funny guy.

And Maxx Payne as well, I just liked his look and style.

Haha my two favourite wrestlers thus far Ive not found anyone that really likes them. Theyre not particullarily talented or anything but theyre my favourites and I dont care what people say.

grandmaster Sexay-Brian Christopher Lawler. My favourite wrestler of all time. He cracks me up with his cheesy stuff but I mark out big time whenever I see him or hear his Turn It Up music play. It was ok when he was on WWE but now hes on Memphis Wrestling hes just brilliance personified.

Sylvain Grenier- OOOOO Canadaaaaa der...........and so on. I liked him from the first time I saw him when he screwed Hogan at No Way Out last year and I was even happier when I saw him finally get in the ring as La Resistance. I was so saddened when he got badly injured as I heard it could have kept him out for good but he came back better than ever. True legend

I used to like the repo man I used love his vignettes where you see him in his opponents house taking stuff away

And when he tied them up with his hook thing and kick the shit out of him

Ps. wyndorf a friend of mine used to live in America and guess who his next door neighbour was none other than Charles "Papa Shango" Wright

Well I love Edge, he's my favourite current wrestler and nobody else seems to like him much these days.

I always liked Maxx Payne too. For me it was mostly WCW guys, who other people didn't like. Disco Inferno is superb, great no the mic, knows how to work the business inside out and not that bad a wrestler either. I always liked Bryan Clarke/Wrath/Adam Bomb. I thought he was superb, really quick for a big guy and powerful too. Goldberg I also think gets way more stick than he deserves, I like him.

Edited by Jayden

Giant Gonzales/El Gigante=Hated amongst the internet wrestling world but he was grea. When I watched him I beleived he was unstoppable. Thats why I like him

Yokozuna-Great with Owen and had some good matches. His Royal Rumble 1994 Caskeet Match was great IMO

Goldberg-Yet again hated amongst the wrestling world but his run was thouroughly enjoyable IMO

Repo Man- Same reasons as THE BODY really.

JBL-Plays his charactly brilliantly. Yes hes poor in the ring but IMO hes a good champ. Anyone hated that much must be

Papa Shango-When I watched him, I beleived his character. He was scary in a way

Edited by Jack

Ps. wyndorf a friend of mine used to live in America and guess who his next door neighbour was none other than Charles "Papa Shango" Wright

By your friend just living next to Papa Shango, earns him legend status in my book :worship

I was/ am a fan of big guys even if they were not great in the ring..

like luger - i liked his ring entrance in wcw with elizabeth and the muscle flexing..

heidenreich... great look

same with the warrior and my favourite has to be Diesel / Kevin Nash..

yeah I forgot to mention Nash. I always liked him, I understood his limitations but thought he had a lot of star quality and was much better than people gave him credit for.

Luger, I loved late 80's early 90's, in fact, I probably still found Luger entertaining up until about 98 but from then on in I never liked him at all.

Warrior was another one, I think as a kid who had no sort of knowledge of the business it was impossible not to love this guy. I marked out huge for anything he did and in all fairness, as much as I now think he sucks I still love watching anything with him in, in the old days. If he were to come back any time ever it would obviously be crap, as it was with every single comeback he attempted but back in the day Warrior was quality.

I used to like the repo man I used love his vignettes where you see him in his opponents house taking stuff away

And when he tied them up with his hook thing and kick the shit out of him

"Hey, i just stole a kid's bike and pawned it for 20 bucks!"

Long Live the Repo Man!!!!

I liked Sean 'O Haire alot. No one seemed to care for him. His vignettes were gold. I thought he was awesome. Then Piper ditched him and now we know the rest.

Another one was Waylon Mercy. I know he wrestled for like 2 weeks and then retired but I got what his gimmick was about after he retired. It makes me wonder what would of happened had he not retire.

O'Haire was great, I thought most people did like him though to be honest.

He was all set up to be the future of the business when he was in WCW, even if they were forced into pushing him while he was stlil too green. He was destined to be a huge talent though. Amazing look, great and intense in the ring, some unique moves, and he could talk.

Notorious V got it bang on

I loved O'haire he still has a special empty space in my heart. Shame they released him definetly a talent

And yeah I mentioned in another thread about Waylon Mercy. He was hilarious. Lives are gonna be...in Waylon Mercy's hands

Sylvain Grenier- OOOOO Canadaaaaa der...........and so on. I liked him from the first time I saw him when he screwed Hogan at No Way Out last year and I was even happier when I saw him finally get in the ring as La Resistance. I was so saddened when he got badly injured as I heard it could have kept him out for good but he came back better than ever. True legend

Couldnt agree more - La Resistance are quality!

HMmmm I kinda mark Heidenrich no come on speak up i know im not the only one Am I ?

I dig Heidenrich! I think his character is enjoyable, although he should really wrestle more. After the Undertaker fued is over --- I don't know what they are gonna do with this guy. I respect the man and his poetry. lol