Favourite Directors.

eyes_adrift

Some of my favourite directors are Wes Anderson,Terry Zwigoff,Yuen Woo Ping,Sammo Hung,Tim Burton,James Cameron (except titanic and thats not to be different it's because i hate it),Stanley Kubrick,Martin Scorcesse,Spielberg,Miike Takashi and a ton more.

So come on then what are yours. :thumbsup

I don't really watch because of directors or pay much attention to who they are, it's down to the film plot really most of the time. However, I do like Sergio Leone. The Good, The Bad And The Ugly is one of my favourite films, as is Once Upon A Time In America. He has a very simple philosophy, which is that if an actor doesn't have something really important to say, don't have them say anything. In those two films, which are Leone's biggest films probably, you can see how he uses long silences to create drama, especially at the beginning of the films and of course with the three-way showdown scene during The Good, The Bad And The Ugly and the character of Clint Eastwood's Man With No Name in general.

Tarantino, Rodriguez, Copolla, Tom hanks has done some good ones too, pretty much more into the film than who directs or makes it but anything with the name Jerry Bruckheimer on it seems to be a deffinate smash hit, and i cant say ive ever disliked any of his films.

I don't uaually watch a film because of the director. I do make an exception for James Cameron action movies, (T1, T2, Aliens etc), and early Wes Craven/John Carpenter flicks from before they pissed on their legacies.

Del Toro kind of does it for me today though.

• 2 weeks later...