Best RVD WWE Match

ChrisJerichoY2J

rvd's best match in the wwe is.......  

24 members have voted

1. 1. rvd's best match in the wwe is.......

• vs jeff hardy at invasion
    • vs jeff at summerslam 2001
    • vs jericho at unforgiven 2001
    • vs austin and angle at no mercy 2001
    • team wcw and ecw vs team wwe
    • vs the undertaker at vengeance 2001
    • royal rumble 2002
    • vs goldust at no way out 2002
    • vs regal at wrestlemania 18
    • vs eddie guerrero at backlash 2002
    • vs eddie at judgment day 2002
    • vs jericho at king of the ring 2002
    • vs brock lesnar at kotr 2002
    • vs brock at vengenace 2002
    • vs benoit at summerslam 2002
    • vs triple h at unforgiven 2002
    • elimaination chamber 1
    • royal rumble 2003
    • with kane vs storm and regal at no way out 2003
    • with kane vs storm and morley at wrestlemania 19 heat
    • with kane vs the dudleys at backlash 2003
    • with kane vs la resistance at bad blood 2003
    • vs kane at summerslam 2003
    • vs jericho and christian at unforgiven 2003
    • team austin vs team bischoff
    • vs randy orton at armageddon 2003
    • royal rumble 2004
    • with booker vs dudleys vs cade and jindrak vs la resistance at wrestlemania 20
    • with rey vs the dudleyz at judgment day 2004
    • vs boocker vs rene vs cena at the great american bash 2004
    • vs rene dupree on summerslam 2004 heat
    • with rey vs kenzo and reneee dupree at no mercy 2004

I vote for the 3-way at No Mercy. I just felt it was the one time they portrayed him as a SERIOUS threat to the title. With Austin and Angle as his equals RVD was easily the most over in the match and I was absolutely gutted that he didn't win.

My favourite match of his in WWE isn't on the poll though. The unification of the IC belt and the Hardcore title when he faced Tommy Dreamer, another former ECW'er that WWE totally wasted(don't get me started on that subject), on RAW. It was the one time that both men got the opportunity to show what we, ok I, started taking an interest in them in the first place.

lol HDC

I have to admit that I've never gotten into spotfests and consequently most of RVD's work. Although he was awesome in the Elimination chamber, the chamber itself does not make for a great match... my vote went to the triple-threat at No Mercy 2001. I watched it again last night as it happens!

The match has a decent angle leading into it and the story is well told by all three during the match as well. Austin and RVD squaring up only to turn there attentions onto Angle.

I probably went for this as Austin seemed to lead the match. As I said, I'm not a big fan of RVD. I just don't understand what he's doing half the time! I like him enough to still own a tape labelled "The Best of RVD before WWE" though. But whenever people talk about RVD and the WWE title in the same sentence I can never resist saying my piece!

(Oh, I know I'm going off topic a little but as a new guy I wanna let my feelings on these things be known!)

The elimination chamber was definately RVD's best match. He put on an amazing performance,even though he hurt HHH. The frog splash off the chamber was a tough spot. I don't know about any of his matches during the Invasion because that is when I stopped watching for a while.

The ladder match at Raw was great, even if some dumbass fan made a run in and got punched in the face.

I also think the triple threat between RVD, Ausitn and Angle was terrific.

Also the KOTR semi final Vs Chris Jericho at 2002 KOTR, and when he faced Michaels for a one-off on Raw one night, I think it was early last year. not too sure.

Can't remember the exact dates but i remember a ladder match, i think it was eariler in the year (any help please?)

He also had an outstanding match with Jerry Lynn a few years back on sunday night heat.

I can't really remember the kotr semi final against jericho, but i do remember all the fuss that jerky kicked up on his commentary about reviews of the match on the internet.

Can't remember the exact dates but i remember a ladder match' date=' i think it was eariler in the year (any help please?)[/quote']

Cant remember RVD having a Ladder Match this year :?

Possibly the one late last year on RAW with Christian?

Or the one with Eddie on RAW in 2002?

Or the one vs Jeff Hardy at SummerSlam 2001?