Pay-Per-Views

DC

Just a little poll to see who the TWO locker room thinks put on the best PPV event(s). Not production values, ( coz WWE would always win), but the match quality or enjoyment out of events.

My personal choice is, and always will be ECW. Some of them stunk for sure, but it was rare. 1 in 5 stunk compared to 3/4 of 5 for WWE. And you knew going in that the wrestlers were not being held back on the moves they could or couldn't do.

My favourite PPV Heat Wave 2000. Every match and promo was spot on, from The Sinister Minister to the unveiling of the VanTerminator (OOOHHH MY GOD.copywrite of Joey Styles1990) everything was IMO cool.

But what do you think?

lol HDC

TNA have been putting out weekly pay per views since they launched in 2002 and some of the TNA shows have been by far some of my favourites of all time.

In terms of one particular ppv that blew me away Survivor Series 2001 was easily the best just because of the way it was built up and executed to perfection, I genuinly enjoyed every single match on the card

personally almost all of my favourite ppv's are WCW ones. From 96-98 most of their ppv's were superb. Outside of that period they had the potential to suck though.

ECW, as mentioned earlier, much over rated. I have Heatwave 2000 on tape and it's ok, but nothing special. RVD is wrestling Scotty friggin Anton in it. That's hardly anything exciting or special, van Terminator or not.

WWE pay per views can be awesome, but again can stink.

If i had to pick I'd probably go with Superbrawl III. An awesome card from start to finish. The Blondes against Watts & Bagwell was great. Scorpio and Benoit was off the page and ahead of its time. Ok Davey Boy and Irwin was a stinker but what did you expect? Cactus and Orndorff was awesome, I still whince at the suplex onto the guardrail. The Rock n Roll Express and the Heavenly Bodies was about as good/bad as to be expected. Dustin Rhodes and Maxx Payne was actually good. I thought Rhodes was a huge talent back then. Windham and Muta was excellent and then Sting and Vader in the strap match was friggin awesome. An excellent pay per view which also had the return of Ric Flair to WCW, something else to get excited about.

Archived