Hypocrisy

Paul

Never mind my bad spelling, check this out:

Credit: dailymirror.com

The woman leading protests against a guinea pig farm has been branded a hypocrite for using drugs tested on animals to treat her breast cancer.

Janet Tomlinson, 61, has outraged campaigners seeking cures through research.

Vicky Cowell, of the Seriously Ill for Medical Research, said: "It's hypocritical that one minute she is campaigning furiously against medical research using animals. Then she becomes ill and is willing to take drugs which go against all she stands for.

"We all have a choice whether we take drugs on offer to us. She should admit the very medical research she is campaigning against is benefiting her. She should be honest."

Miss Tomlinson said: "I'm not a hypocrite. The law says all such drugs should be tested on animals first.

"They are the only thing on offer to someone like me with breast cancer. There is no alternative medicine. I've got no choice.

"Should animal rights people reject treatment and die?"

But Dr Simon Festing from the Association of Medical Research Charities said Miss Tomlinson was "living proof of the failing of her own philosophy".

He added: "It's not just testing. The use of animals is essential to develop the medicines in the first place. She can't slip out of the argument by saying it's a legal requirement."

Miss Tomlinson is at the forefront of the campaign against Darley Oaks farm in Newchurch, Staffs, although she insists she knows nothing of the terror attacks there.

During the five-year campaign against the farm, workers have been sent hate mail and had their vehicles acid attacked. Businesses serving Darley Oaks have all been threatened.

And last week, the remains of Gladys Hammond, farmer John Hall's mother-in-law, who died aged 82 in 1997, were dug up and stolen.

Miss Tomlinson said she was a peaceful campaigner but added: "If peaceful revolution is denied, violent revolution is inevitable. We target the animal abuser only. But anybody having dealings with an abuser is fair game.

"We have a moral responsibility to protect the defenceless. If you had your little daughter assaulted by a man would you let him walk into his local pub? I'd want to cut off his whatsits. That's what I feel about these animal abusers."

Miss Tomlinson lives in Burton-on-Trent, Staffs, with dog Suzie which she feeds chicken, claiming it has craved meat ever since she adopted it.

Meanwhile, two men arrested in connection with the theft of Mrs Hammond's body have been released without charge pending further inquiries, a police spokesman said. One, John Curtin, 41, said of the latest desecration: "I was revolted when I heard about it.

Hey, so what do YOU think of this/her?

Hypocrisy is a factor in everyones lives. I dont beleive there is anyone alive who can go through life without being hypocritical over at least one subject. As for this lady, she is a hypocrite, she has campaigned for these drugs not to be tested on animals, yet gladly takes them when needed. As mentioned in the piece, it shows the failings of her philosophy. I believe that if there is medication available then we have the right to take it, and not succumb to these illnesses, if she wants to have a better chance at survival then she has to make certain sacrifices (as we all do), and going against her beliefs and showing herself to be a hypocrite is the sacrifice she had to make.

The woman is a hypocrit... granted most people are hypocrits in some way (ie me who loves animals yet also loves a nice big juicy steak on his plate) but this woman takes the biscuit.

Obviously anti-animal testing people shouldn't be expected to just die of illnesses such as hers, but they certainly shouldn't shrug their shoulders as if it's not against anything they've said beforehand.

In principal like I said beforehand I'm against animal testing, and don't believe we should expect a cure for every disease, but in theory I understand in certain situations this is a stance that's hard to uphold.

I'd admit that I'd probably be a hypocrit, this woman should do the same. Shitebag!

I have a number of thoughts on this issue. Firstly she IS a hypocrite, no two ways about it. Not really a huge problem as it has been mentioned that all of us are hypocritical to a degree it's just that anyone with above average intelligence would be able to admit to it.

The woman seems disturbed to me, it is baffling how she can leap so effortlessley onto a moral high ground yet openly support violent resolution, the two things do not go together

Miss Tomlinson said: "I'm not a hypocrite. The law says all such drugs should be tested on animals first.

"They are the only thing on offer to someone like me with breast cancer. There is no alternative medicine. I've got no choice.

"Should animal rights people reject treatment and die?"

Okay, what im about to say will probably not be agreed with by anyone but hey, nothing ever is. There is a choice, Jehovas witnesses do not accept blood transfusions even though death may be the only alternative. They commit themselves to a premise and an ideal and do not waver from it. Now let me clarify something, i am not saying that all advocates of animal rights should die, simply that if they have no intention of sticking to their convictions then they have no right to turn around the next second and be all gung ho about said convictions.

Miss Tomlinson said she was a peaceful campaigner but added: "If peaceful revolution is denied, violent revolution is inevitable. We target the animal abuser only. But anybody having dealings with an abuser is fair game.

"We have a moral responsibility to protect the defenceless. If you had your little daughter assaulted by a man would you let him walk into his local pub? I'd want to cut off his whatsits. That's what I feel about these animal abusers."

I would categorize 'anyone having dealings' with ms tomlinsons targets as somene who accepts treatment whatever the reason, therefore she is clearly advocating violence against herself, a sign of a disturbed person without a doubt. As for the specious crap comparing an animal to a daughter, well some people do feel that strongly about animals but to me it's just self evident ho pathetic that argument is as an excuse for violence.

Anoter example of militant minority groups acting with inpunity and without intelligence, rejecting all logic and common decency in favour of furthering their own fear mongering agenda.

Hypocrite without question.

The problem she has that she has jumped onto a bandwagon she has no right jumping on.

If I contracted a serious disease I'm sure I would eat a live baby seal if it took away my pain, but I would not feel good about it nor would I condemn others for doing the same thing.

I would however campaign about other issues that I was passionate about and would put my efforts into something else.

Thus, negating the whole hypocrisy element that this woman has put herself into.

There have been hypocrites among us for a long time and they will always be here, but not all of us are hypocritical. We all have our likes and dislikes or our loves and hates, but passions change as do points of reference and opinions can change with a better understanding of things. This is not hypocrisy this is a mature and healthy way of being, because once you think you have all the answers and your opinion is the only correct solution, then you are heading down the path of no return and a fascist you will become.

Spiritchaser

Fluid Druid

But Dr Simon Festing from the Association of Medical Research Charities said Miss Tomlinson was "living proof of the failing of her own philosophy".

We've done the animal rights thing recently. I just want to point out something I saw in the original post of this thread. I think that the doctors name, Festing, sounds too much like festering, as in festering boils.

Yeah, I'm feeling goofy today. Sue me.

Archived