Garfield

Fletch

i watched this tonight on an imprt and its truely hilarious and easily does the old cartoons justice. John is perhaps a little too much dopey and softer voiced than in the cartoons where he was a stern and unfair dope.

Bill Murray sublimely plays Garfield, rather ironice that he plays the movie character garfield while the voice of the original Garfield was also the cartoon voice for Murrays character in Ghostbusters.

the film is a must see for fans or comedy lovers in my eyes. Its not great to begin with but wait for when Black Eyed Peas' Hey Mama comes on the TV. I absolutely howled with laughter.

Bill Murray sublimely plays Garfield, rather ironic that he plays the movie character garfield while the voice of the original Garfield was also the cartoon voice for Murrays character in Ghostbusters.

Ha! Bill Murry WAS the voice of the cartoon Garfield Fletch! Dunno about the Ghostbusters toon though! lol

Nah twasnt. Twas this other guy who is now dead hence

Soon, Lorenzo Music had one of the most-heard voices in radio and television. He would eventually be heard on several more cartoon shows, including The Real Ghostbusters and Gummi Bears, and on hundreds of commercials and voiceover spots. His most famous performances came, however, when he was selected as the voice of Jim Davis's well-syndicated feline superstar, Garfield the Cat.

Lorenzo was not that character's first voice. That honor belonged to Scott Beach, a San Francisco radio personality who spoke for Garfield when the cat was first animated for a brief TV appearance. When CBS ordered up an entire Garfield special, Davis -- not quite happy with the choice that had been made -- inaugurated a major casting search for the perfect, permanent sound. Hundreds of actors were heard and re-heard before Lorenzo tried-out and Jim said, almost instantaneously, "That's the one."

Thereafter, Lorenzo spoke for Garfield on more than a dozen prime-time animated specials (one of which he co-wrote, and several of which won Emmys) and on the Saturday morning Garfield and Friends show, which was on CBS for seven years.

Archived