repertoire

SideEffect

As in the wrestler with the biggest move list? Well in TNA it has to be AJ Styles and Chris Sabin because those guys pull out all the stops in moves and spots although I'd have to say AJ shades it.

In the WWE Chavo is an a talented wrestler who doesn't get as much time now to show off his large arsenal of techinical as well as high impact moves. Same with Paul London, in RoH and in his few TNA apperances he was amazing and was as innovative as AJ at one point. Now he's Kidman fodder.

personally I think Sabin is over rated. Sure he has a lot of moves but he doesn't pull most of them off in a particularly polished or crisp fashion.

As for AJ can't knock the guy in terms of moves and workrate, he works matches as well as anyone else working in the United States right now.

Elsewhere Petey Williams is improving all the time and Christopher Daniels and Elix Skipper are outstanding and have a wide variety of moves but most of the other X guys in TNA right now, Michael Shane, Kazarian etc are vastly over rated.

As for in the WWE it's hard to say. We know most of these guys are talented from what they've done elsewhere but I don't think they realyl get to showcase it in the WWE.

The thing with Sabin is that if he's in there with the right guy like when he fought Paul London and when he has faced off in RoH with the likes of Styles amongst others welll he looked great.

Michael Shane annoys the hell out of me with his ripped off Shawn Michaels 1995-6 gimmick because he could move away from that and add a few moves to his list to move away from the fact that yeah he is HBK's cousion or whatever...

Daniels and Skipper I loved in WCW(Skipper), NJPW(Daniels), AJPW(Skipper as Extreme Blade) and RoH(Daniels) and I have to agree with the comment on Kazarian... overrated greasy haired sod. Unbeliveable that he and Shane where chosen to dethrone AJ in the last Ultimate X match....

yeah I really can't stress how ordinary Michael Shane is. He doesn't work that well in the ring and all the mannerisms he tries to rip off his uncle just serve to highlight how inferior he is to him.

He can't talk well at all, he's awful. When he says things in his promos like... "We're not Marty and Shawn, no, no, no, no!" All it does is makes people remember exactly that, that he and Kazarian are nowhere near that level and never will be.

At least with Sabin there is an awful lot of potential in there. I do think he's over rated but you'r right, with the right kind of person opposite him he can look really good. I think that's it though, for me he's not the kinda guy that can carry someone to a great match, like AJ, or Daniels or someone can.

In the WWE Chavo is an a talented wrestler who doesn't get as much time now to show off his large arsenal of techinical as well as high impact moves.

I agree. I think Chavo is Smackdown!'s best cruiserweight. A few people on here reckon the guy has no moves...! His repertoire is massive, it includes some very impressive moves. Just watch the Chavo Vs Rey Mysterio - Cruiserweight Title at No Way Out this year. An outstanding match and Chavo showed off nearly every move he has. One of the reasons the match lasted so long. He showcased his version of the "Hide Neck Crack", fisherman suplex, all sorts. It was an excellant match and its a pity he isnt given the opportunities to do stuff like that again within these past few months.

I especially like his Gory Bomb or whatever he calls it. Now thats a quality move.

that's very true but I really don't think that it's his variety of moves that makes him so good, it's the way he executes them.

Everything's so crisp and full of commitment, even when he's not being given the chance to showcase a wide variety of moves the ones he is using are performed superbly.

Its true, in terms of exectuion of moves well Chavo is gifted but then so would you if you practised with your legendry family from the age of what 5 or 6?

London as well has a great high flying move list but alot of people failed to see his solid ground offence in RoH and also the excellent match he and AJ put together where London tried to pick apart AJ's knee... He even used his London Star Press to attack the knee, and when have you seen Billy Kidman do his so well that he could attack a body part?

yeah there are lots of generic cruisers in the indies with flash moves that are executed poorly, those guys don't have a great deal of talent though.

this thread has really highlighted the difference between the real talent, and the guys who think flashy high spots make great matches without thinking about psychology or how to actually work a match.

If you want to see aload of overrated and average and sloppy cruisers and maineventers come to that then watch CZW. I hate M-Dogg, Sonjay Dutt, Ruckus and most of all I hate Trent Acid! He is crap and he over uses the Yakuza Kick and that isn't a finisher, I even think that about Chono's version!

Then you go to RoH and for every Alex Shelly, AJ, London, Low Ki, Daniels, Amazing Red etc that they showcased then you get the Quiet Storm, SAT, Special K, Jack Evans and Teddy Hart....

CZW are that bad they actually employed Teddy Hart after his various antics in RoH and other indies around the US. He shames the legacy of his Uncle that boy.

yeah czw's juniors are awful, i understand why people get blinded into liking them but realyl they suck. i've never liked sonjay dutt and don't understand why tna have pushed him.

you're right about the guys in TNA too. they have some amazing x division guys, but also a lot of generic crap who can't work matches at all.

hey the Show used to hit a nice plancha back in the day, and had a mean dropkick. In WCW he had sooo much potential til he put the weight on. Yes it was a bit sloppy, but then he was like 450lbs or something, what do you expect?

Body I used to wrestle and I was a high flyer and I could do a Shooting Star and Moonsault and 450's and I tryed hard to perfect my high spots but the fact is without links in between, without a story, without a purpose then any match suffers...

Same goes for the Heavyweights and their matches, with out a build up, an in ring story and a good structure then they suck too...

You don't believe that the Backseat Boyz and Trent Acid aren't overrated? Look no further then the match then had against Jody Fliesh and Slim J of Special K in RoH at Do Or Die in 2003... They had a great opponent in Jody and should have, with thir experiance been able to carry Slim... But no it stank and Jody blew his knee doing a moonsault of a 15 foot scaffold...

Spot monkeys.

You don't believe that the Backseat Boyz and Trent Acid aren't overrated? Look no further then the match then had against Jody Fliesh and Slim J of Special K in RoH at Do Or Die in 2003... They had a great opponent in Jody and should have, with thir experiance been able to carry Slim... But no it stank and Jody blew his knee doing a moonsault of a 15 foot scaffold...

I've never seen these guys I only get to see wwe :help

yeah again, totally agree with gringo but i do feel the need to post again just to stress the point. I'm sick of these generic guys who don't even look like wrestlers, weigh 150lbs and do a few backflips and then get proclaimed as somethin special when they're really not.

All too true...

Body I thought you knew of the Backseat Boyz cos you used the Dream Sequence in your post... its a chain of double team moves they do... Its just my day for comedy misunderstandings...

All I need now is for a busty women to come in with a shopping bag and ask me to feel her melons and the day will be complete...

lol, but back on topic:

I have heard a lot about Teddy Hart, its a shame that its all been bad! And as far as repetoires go, at one point RVD had a great one, but it was almost all hardcore based! Benoit has a huge moveset, but suffers from the 'must do what Vince likes' syndrome.

Teddy Hart is awful, and to add to that he's also an asshole. Who cares if he can moonsault off a cage, so can most other wrestlers if they could be bothered. All high spots, and nothing else. There is also as mentioned the fact that he's a complete chump and never understood how to make a name for himself. He wanted a WWE contract, lmao, like he'll ever get one now. Even if he did he'd last about 5 seconds there before Taker kicked his butt.

He was at one point thanks to his uncle on the WWE devolpmental roster but he pissed off Jim Cornette and the others down in the camps with his ego and attitude and they cut his ass...

It wasn't just that he kept doing backflips off it either... it was the fact that after the match and unscripted he performed a SSP off the cage onto Loc and DeVito and Jack Evans and it squashed Loc who wasn't expecting it... DeVito then had to be forceably restrained by the RoH locker room from kicking his ass.