What is Britain coming to?

Taki

Violence in Britain

I am appalled at the violence that is starting to become the norm in Britain, every day a new case of kidnap or rape or assult is shown on the news, but what shocks me even more is the fact that when it happens in a small town like the one in which I live it never gets picked up by the news and no-one apart from the locals seem to care.

I say this because in as many weeks 2 close friends of mine have been victims of violence. 2 weeks ago a friend was attacked by 2 squaddies with a samurai sword, not extremely hurt but still ended up in hospital with stitches and a lifetime of not being able to use his arm properly. Yet no-one heard of it anywhere but in the local paper.

Then last Saturday night after a family party my husbands uncle was violently attacked beaten to a pulp stabbed in the head with a maschete and left for dead, he is now in hospital on life support, with no chance of survival, even if he does he will never live a normal life because his brain was sliced in half, again the men who done it were caught but it never got anything more than county coverage. What is Britain coming to if when we go out we have to have armed guards with us just to make sure some brute whos had a bit too much to drink tries to attack us.

Edited by Taki

Unforunatly it's like that everywhere, and not a whole lot we can do about it. I usually don't agree with people who say that the goverment should concentrate on Britain instead of worrying about Iraq, but things are getting out of control. As for the news not picking local stories up, it isn't really realistic to expect every single incident to get nationwide coverage, but you'd think something of the severity of what you mentioned would get priority over some of the crap nothing stories we're exposed to. Unfortunatly, Sky and the BBC thinks a singer getting married is more important than someone not well known getting killed or badly beaten. Thats just the way the news works these days.

Absolutely tragic events.

I do not believe in mob rule but, man oh man, somebody needs to do something where live. Those are not ordinary assaults. They sound like some sort of gang signature or something. 2 seperate incidents involving large blades.

That's a real shame. My prayers and condolences to you and your family T.

Thanx MM as i write this we are waiting for the phone call to tell us if the machines have been turned off. They might not be though it is a hard time for us all at the moment we are finding strenght in each other. It is not a gang we know that much the people who done this were just local w*****s who obviously had no reguard for human life. As for the attack on my friend it was an isolated incident involving too much drink and some jumped up army personel, but thanx all the same its a comfort to know some people still care.

Sorry to hear that takmeister. The bastards need hanging. Similar happened to my friends grandfather, came out of the pub and was hit in the head and left for dead as they took his wallet. He had brain damage and they came to the decision to turn the machines off.

My home town has been run by gangs of prats like this for years and it's got to the stage where buses are not even aloud to park at the station because people keep trying to stab the drivers.

Also one of my brothers oldest friends just recently got off life support after a stabbing.

The point is, if every disgusting crime was reported the news would be longer than 24hours!

National news usually comes about by the police involved making the incident public, they don't have time to do that with every case, sad I know, but I doubt everyone wants to listen to another murder, GBH, rape or assault because they would be too scared to leave their home, or worse, become desensitised to the whole lot!

Saracen

I was watching a programme last night (who you callin' a n***a) and Im apalled at how disgraceful a certain 'minority' are. It was the young Pakistanis. First off before I rant, Im not racist.

Their whole attitude is awful. Theu have this image they all want to be, theyre all fake. With there gangs and 'gang culture' I think they are a major part off why Britain is in a mess. One person was saying something long the lines of "Blacks come round here and dont respect our lifestyle" etc and a whole load more of crap. What annoyed me though was how they treat our culture. They dont respect any of us and they espect us to respect them? BS. Another guy who was about 25 actually threatened a 50 odd year old reporter in front of the cameras. Then on his mobile showed a picture of Osama Bin Laden. Another then said in 30 years all Pakistanis will come over with fake passports and the UK will be "full of Pakis"

These people truely are the scum of the UK. We dont need them AT ALL. Send them back to Pakistan and make them have a true hard life.