Sad Day!!!!

BWS Soldier

It is now in Kenneth Bigley has been murdered i am deeply saddened and angry about this it should not have happened and Tony Blair did not do enough to free him i my mind it totally S**T im so angry something needs to be done i just want to give my condolances to the family and friends of Ken Bigley and RIP to Ken :(

I dont mean to sound cruel or mean, but it was going to happen. Blair would never release enough prisoners to satisfy these terrorists/kidnappers, and it was inevitable that Bigley would be executed. Its a sad day when anyone dies in those circumstances, but there is nothing that an be done now. There were risks involved with being in Iraq, and considering the current situation they are even higher, so every person there must understand there are huge risks and they could be in immense danger out there.
  • Like 1

It is terrible. And it's only a matter of time before another hostage story begins. And it's no just foriegners. I can't see it ending in the near future either. To be fair though you can't heap all the blame on Tony Blair. It was a gut wrenching decision he had to make, but the blame should be squarly on the people responsible and nobody else.

A lot of you will not remember the dark period when there was a true risk of being bombed by the IRA. I think it is a shame that we as Brits have forgotten this period, but I know for sure that our Government haven't.

The one thing we must make sure that terrorists demands will never be met, yes I know it is impassionate to say this, but everyone who exposes themselves to the dangers of kidnap should accept the risk.

What can a government do to appease people like this? Nothing at all.

The one thing we cannot do is blame the people that these murderers claim to represent and hope that it brings people of different beleifs and faiths closer together rather than tearing out each others throats.

Saracen

It's a damn shame, I just feel for his family, knowing he was killed in such a barbaric way after being held for so long. Even worse? The fact that England fans couldn't keep quiet during the minutes silence today, I even heard one bloke screaming "**** off Wales". Can't even keep quiet for one minute to respect the mans life.

Ok so yes it is appalling etc but should we also not feel for the innocent people that the US take hostage and beat etc. I know it is natural for us to sympathy for the guys cause but really, were we not asking for it? The war may have been for the right reasons but the aftermath has been badly handled.

True Christof, very true, but in the end the people who killed Bigley do not have the Iraqi's best interests at heart either.

THey have no interest in the safety of Iraq and its betterment.

The Muslim Council became involved in this and things were going well, yet he was killed anyway. An eye for an eye is easy on paper, but when it's someone who just wants Iraq to be an anarchist state to hide in then that isn't quite right.

I also think that most people think that Iraq has been poorly handled, it was a given.

Saracen

I feel very sorry for this guys family, but for Ken Bigley himself you have to question the sanity of anyone who wants to be in Iraq at this time. Newspapers were saying things like "he was there helping improve Iraq, making it a better place" true to a certain extent, but that doesn't mention mention the vast amounts of money he was probably raking in by putting himself in danger by working in Iraq.

How would you feel if one of your family members are is currently in Iraq? Personally if it were my Dad i'd be on the phone daily pleading with him to get himself home, no amount of financial gain is worth putting your family through that kind of pain, something which Ken Bigley found out in the worst possible way.