Kylie to announce 2005 tour dates

alanjay69

Ofcourse im ok.

Iv worn my '98 Kylie tourshirt to the Newcastle Mayfair rock nite (rip :( ) and got loads of respect as many of the lads and lasses fancied her as she wasnt popular back then and i also used to do the dance routine of Steps' tragedy to the Offsprings pretty fly...those were the days.

Ah, the Newcastle Mayfair rock night. Never made it unfortunately. Had to settle for Cuba's with Little Jeff playing pop music and refusing to play AC/DC or Motörhead most of the time. Shame. Last rock night I went to was Legends a while ago, don't go out much these days. Respect though, it takes balls to wear a Kylie T-shirt when you're a bloke at a rock night!

I lost respect for Jeff ages ago,as he only plays for the girlies these days..thats why i goto the arena these days,well when i can afford it.

I used to mosh with the bikers in the late '80s and as im only small they used to think i was either rock or a nutter so they just accepted me and i got on with them all.

By the end of the Mayfair it was rockers (all genres),punks,skins,indy,rap/hip hop and afew dancy stuff like Chemical Bros and Prodigy as hardly anyone listened to just 1 kind of music.

Has anyone else ever been to the Newcastle Mayfair?

Is the Arena any good? I've heard it's decent music but too big for the number of people who go there so the atmosphere isn't great. I've never bothered going though, probably because I can't be arsed going to the arena when I could just have a few beers at Trillians or something when I go out and then finish at someone's house or the Koh-I-Noor.

Archived