Quality of buildup

mwnn

Just looking around some other websites and they have bought up some good points...

The build up to the main events (bearing in mind not seen Raw yet for the US people here so no spoilers).

HHH v Y2j.

Based on the fact that HHH and Steph split up. Hardly the best storyline to go into the daddy of events WM really.

Taker v Flair.

This is going places and has just about a credible build up however the match itself I am a tad scepticle about

Scsa V Hall

Not so much the nWo antics for me on this one but to see Hall provide a show and find his way to the ring :)

Hogan V Rock.

Dream event but this needs to have started wayyy sooner than this to get the real marking out event. Who cares if it will be the boot v the elbow I will be enjoying it (he says bravely)

Other than that its all I can really remember which is quite tradgic. Supposed 11events and stuff and bar some womans mlarky and a tag team match with little building time....

Just a few examples but there is no real build up or anticipation to the events.

What you think? Mark out territory just because its WM or will the rot finally become apparant...all view welcome :D

Pretty much agree with what was said...

Hogan V Rock is getting the build up it deserves yeh, while Taker V Flair is getting good as well since they started that feud at the last PPV kinda. So the wrestling might not be great in either, but im still looking forward to both.

As a big Jericho fan im really dissappointed to see the whole HHH v Jericho match revolve more around HHH v Stephanie than anything else. What are the WWF doing with a champion they seem so reluctant to put over. Thank God its not the main event anymore, it would be more embarrassing for Jericho to have his first Wrestlemania main event stink, and it would have done.

Austin v Hall should be class, just as long as Austin doesnt no-sell some of Hall's moves or make him look bad because of bad feeling backstage he might have with him. Its getting enough hype i think.

As for the rest, who cares about the Womans of course, and i noticed that the Tag team match didnt get any mention in either Raw or Smackdown the week before this one. I still dont even know what it is, but i know it will just be another last minute thing where the Hardys and Dudleys get thrown in together or something. Bla.

HHH v Y2j.

Could have swore it was actually based on HHH's 8 month rehab to return and win the Rumble, then go on to Wrestlemania. The Steph thing is what's called a sub-plot and is used to maintain interest and support the full story.

Taker v Flair.

Only thing about Taker is there's been no real middle...Maven, Hardy's and then straight onto Flair. Best thing would have been an angle with him taking out three wrestlers and THEN Flair trying to lay down some rules, as opposed to him just going after Flair.

Scsa V Hall

The nWo, best "new age" heels, vs Steve Austin who has almost Japanese qualities to his work rate and is superb on promos.

Hogan V Rock.

Dream event...erm, NO...Build as finding the "Best Ever", so urm what does the Unified Championship mean then? Take The Rock's catchphrases away and you have a very poor worker indeed.

Tag...

Get those damned belts off of Chuck & Billy...plus kick Patterson off of the booking team.

The build up for the main event (well HHH vs Y2J and Rock vs Hogan) hasn't been as much as last years WM. Austin vs Rock was supercharged, building on the feud for quite a while, intresting and came out with a top quality main event (you can't say that about those two that often !).

This year the excitement is rather low. Which leads me to suspect this years won't be as good as the last. Who knows, I may be wrong, lets just wait and see.

HHH vs Stephanie McMahon (featuring Chris Jericho)

The build up has been around the Steph/HHH divorce not around Jericho which has hurt it and what was the point of the Jericho is Stephs lacky crap what does it do except make Jericho look like idiot.

Ric Flair vs Taker

The build up has made peolpe care about a match that otherwise they where dreading, it probaly will suck but atleast it has a point.

I fear that the entire card will suck with the exception of the main event (and by main event i mean what i consider to be the main event as in HHH vs Jericho) .Oh how i long for the days when the entire card was strewn with matches that had a long established feud behind them rather than just being thrown together at the last minute.

Although saying that illstill stay up till 5am to watch the damn thing lol :xyx :xyx :xyx :xyx :xyx

While WrestleMania has not been built up as it could have been, with perhaps Heyman in charge of a few things here and there, it has done enough to make me look forward to it and watch it. Can't say fairer than that really...

But hang on, I 'look forward' to every PPV...I should be getting a rash at the thought of WrestleMania...which I'm not. However, at 1am this Sunday, with my bag of tortilla's, chocolate or sweets, and a beverage (non alcoholic, probably Pepsi) I shall be like an 8 year old girl meeting Gareth Gates.

This is the thing, just the fact that there is a PPV this Sunday kinda gets us all excited, but Mania really should be doind something a little more than that.

There was never any doubt I was going to ruin my entire Monday at work by staying up to watch it on the Sunday, this year I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

I'll watch it, but I'm not going to get excited about it.

At least over the course of last year when some of the matches higher up the card were poor they'd go and give you something like Edge and Storm on the undercard that make it worth watching.

If the billion dollar minger stays off our screens in the main event then sure, it could be a great match, but anything involving her just puts me right off.

As for Hogan Vs Rock I spent my entire time as a WCW fan wishing he'd just leave, and the last 6 months as a WWF fan just wishing the Rock would leave. The prospect of those two on my screen for 20 minutes fills me with vomit.

And as for Flair and Taker, come on. Flair? Sure he was great, and can still be very funny on the mic, but I don't want to see him in the ring anymore. I want to remember him for matches against Savage, Sting, he even managed some good ones against Luger (and for that he deserves a big fat medal), but I don't like watching 50 year olds wrestle as a shadow of their former selves, I want to remember them the way they were. As for Taker? nuff said, have him wrestling on Metal each week.

Are all the titles being defended? I think Wrestlemania should have all the titles being defended in a sorta new start to the wrestling year. Make all the crap champs drop the belts. plus with all the titles being defended the match quality would be better with people like storm, booker t etc in matches.

As for this years mania i cant wait for the hogan rock match. not cause i wanna see it but cause i wanna see all the fans (who cant remember how bad hogan was) realise how terrible he is in the ring.

I also cant wait to see all the canadian heels get huge pops especially jericho. hopefully that'll make hhh speed up his entrance.

i'm quite excited cause its mania but all the matches are gonna be poor. christian v ddp is a sd mid carder. edge v booker t over a shampoo contract sheeeeesh.

i'll still tape it though. hehe