Your Team/Your 1st XI

JC

Basically I'm interested to see what all you folks think our your teams best XI as I know we have quite a variety of supporters here.

(Premiership Teams mainly but I suppose you could give your views on the international teams aswell...unfortunaltly Im northern Irish so I don't have a clue what our best XI is :( )

:D Well I'm a Man U fan so here's mine>>>

http://storage.msn.com/s1pZ8pl_R1n1zEuMnG1VL8lXZFdvPXAV8CtDOAVPN0Oq4sO097KNaZbSZGVKiP3Jjpqw7NmHbEH9hJgK-SMbrDkzg/00.jpg?MdToken=5132477884294245

Ill give my subs because im bored: Howard, Kleberson, Scholes, Spector, Saha, Miller

Edited by JC

OK well I'm a Rangers fan and if everyone was fit and playing how they are capable, I'd play this team:

GK Stefan Klos

Right Back Fernando Ricksen

Left Back Michael Ball

Centre Back Jean-Alain Boumsong

Centre Back Zurab Khizanishvili

Midfielder

Right Chris Burke

Left Peter Lovenkrands

Centre Alex Rae

Centre Stephen Hughes

Strikers

Nacho Novo

Dado Prso

Looking at that team it is quite obvious that the big problems are in midfield. We are so weak there it is scary. In the last ten years Rangers have always had great midfielders like Stuart McCall, Paul Gascoigne, Brian Laudrup, Claudio Reyna, Jorg Albertz, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Mikel Arteta and Barry Ferguson to name a few. Compared those guys to the midfielders we have now and our current crop is pretty shoddy. Only midfield guy I'm really happy with at the moment is Chris Burke who I think is the most exciting young player Scotland has produced for a while.

I think our backline is really solid. I consider Stefan Klos the best keeper in Britain bar none and Jean-Alain Boumsong would walk into most Premiership teams there so I think we're sorted in that regard. Up front Dado Prso played in the Champions League final last year and got 4 in one match against Deportivo so he's not that bad really. I love little Nacho Novo up front as well. He works hard as hell for the team and if he can get 25 goals for Dundee then he can do a great job for us.

Like I say, our midfield is the problem. We've no creativity bar the right side with Burke and it is really going to hold us back unless we can sort it out because we've a solid backline and a decent frontline.

Birmingham fan so:

GK: Maik Taylor

Right Back: Mario Melchiot

Left Back: Jamie Clapham

Center Def: Matty Upson

Center Def: Kenny Cunningham

Left Midfield: Julian Gray

Right Midfield: Jesper Gronkjaer

Center Mid: Robbie Savage

Center Mid: Stephen Clemence

Striker 1: Dwight Yorke

Striker 2: Emile Heskey

That would probably be my formation when David Dunn ISN'T fit, and I think it has the right balance between defence and attack. For when David Dunn is fit:

GK: Maik Taylor

Right Back: Mario Melchiot

Left Back: Jamie Clapham

Center Def: Matty Upson

Center Def: Kenny Cunningham

Midfield: Jesper Gronkjaer

Mid: Stephen Clemence

Mid: Muzzy Izzet

Mid: Robbie savage

Mid: David Dunn

Striker: Emile Heskey

Play with a 4 4 1 1 formation, when David Dunn is playing just behind the striker.

did you leave out Forssell because he's injured? Or because you don't rate him over Yorke or Heskey?

Hopefully it's the former, because Forssell's the best striker you've got and he's certainly a lot better than that useless sack of turd Dwight Yorke.

As for Blackburn I'm not even sure we have 11 decent players right now. Personally I'd like to see us playing some sort of...

Friedel

Neill............Amoruso............Matteo............Gray

Ferguson

Emerton........................de Pedro

Jansen

Stead............Dickov

Thing is though with that side most of those players are really no better than what we have on the bench so you could drop and replace most of those guys without it making much difference, simply because we're not very good at the moment.

Wolves

Goal: Matt Murray

Right Back: Rob Edwards

Central Defence: Joleon Lescott

Central Defence: Jody Craddock

Left Back: Lee Naylor

Right Midfield: Shaun Newton

Central Midfield: Paul Ince

Central Midfield: Colin Cameron

Left Midfield: Mark Kennedy

Striker: Kenny Miller

Striker: Carl Cort

Subs:

Cooper, Seoul, Bischoff, Bjorkland , Michael Oakes

No Djorkaeff in your team Jayden?

Anyway, I'm gonna go for a Rangers one, and a Villa one(altho Im no even sure we have 11 players half the time :P)

Rangers

Klos

Ross Boumsong Khishnashveli Ball

Ricksen A Rae Mladenovic

<-------- Burke------->

Novo Prso

Or something like that. With Smith, Arveladze, Lovenkrands, Andrews and Stevie Hughes on the bench. Gives good options from the bench, and with Burke moving out wide from his position. I think we need to keep 3 guys in the centre of midfiled, as with 2 wingers and 2 central at times we've been over run in the midfield area. Burke in the free role could hopefully create quite a bit, and from the bech we have decent attacking options, and a defensive one to, just in case :P

And as for Villa........

Sorenson

Delaney Laursen Mellberg J Lloyd Samuel

Solano Hendrie McCann Hitzelsperger/Barry

Cole Angel

Subs: Hitzelsperger/Barry, Vassel, Whittingham, De la Cruz and Postma

Team near enough picks itself right now. Short of the Moores and a couple of youth team players who have had to play in recent times we dont have many more players. Not sure who Id want on the left, i think Barry is the better player, but Hitzelsperger brings a set piece expertise, and also Barry hasnt shown his best for quite a while. Not a bad first team I dont think, but lacks a lot of strength in depth(especially now, our full backs have had to play in centre defense most the time :()

Liverpool

Kirkland

Finnan

Hyppia

Carragher

Riise

Garcia

Alonso

Gerrard

Kewell

Cisse

Baros

Not perfect by any means, and still a lack of width evident, but Finnan and Riise are good at getting forward down the flanks, while I think Baros and Cisse would make a good partnership up-front. Couple of new signings needed, but when that team gels, it'll be pretty good.

Celtic

Marshall

Valgaeren

Balde

Varga

Agathe

Lennon

Petrov

Juninho

Thompson

Hartson

Sutton

Again, some new signings badly needed. I'm not a big fan of Juninho or Camara, but they need at least a bit of flair in midfield, so the Brazilian makes it in. Bit of a sh**e situation really. O'Neill has a limited enough squad and his hands are tied as far as splashing the cash on new players.

Ireland

Given

Carr

Cunningham

O'Brien

O'Shea

Kilbane

Roy Keane

Holland

Duff

Robbie Keane

Morrisson

No Djorkaeff in your team Jayden?

no, he's well past his best and isn't any better than Matt Jansen/Brett Emerton/David Thompson/Barry Ferguson/Javier de Pedro at this point in his career.

I don't see why we signed him at all, I understand we can't buy anyone immediately and he was available, but I don't see that he adds anything to the team that we didn't already have. Seemed pointless to me. Sure he played well at the weekend but I didn't get even remotely excited by this signing. If he wasn't good enough to be at Bolton anymore, why do we have him?

Edited by Jayden

E2K, thats not exactly what I would do. Here's mine

Kirkland

Josemi Carragher Hyppia Risse

Finnan Alonso Gerrard Kewell

Garcia

Cisse

I don't think Baros and Cisse can play together, i think Garcia just behind them is a good system and is definitly Garcias best position. Ive grown to like Finnan on the wing. And plus, it leaves room for Josemi, who im nit sure why you've left out.

You not like Andy Reid in your Irish team instead of say Kilbane?

It's tempting for sure. Reid hasn'tput a foot wrong when he's played, and scored a lovely goal against Cyprus. That said, Kilbane is a player I greatly respect for the way he always gives 100% and he's a real workhorse. He's also warmed to international football in a major way since 1997, when the game completely passed him by on his debut against Iceland. He's one of the first names I'd have down on the team simply because of the unbelievable amount of workrate and commitment he brings to the team, and he's not a bad tackler either. That said, Reid is definitely breathing down his neck now, and as soon as he proves he can do it at a higher level week-in, week-out, he'll be a definite starter for us I think. He's an excellent prospect.

I don't think Baros and Cisse can play together' date=' i think Garcia just behind them is a good system and is definitly Garcias best position. Ive grown to like Finnan on the wing. And plus, it leaves room for Josemi, who im nit sure why you've left out.[/quote']

Personally I'd like to see Baros and Cisse given the chance on a more regular basis. Footballers, especially strike partners, sometimes take a while to hit it off. I understand why Benitez might want to play one up front away from home as well, but against Chelsea on Sunday we looked toothless, same against Olympiakos. Chelsea especially were there for the taking I felt, but Cisse was way too isolated. I definitely think the two should be given a regular run in the team.

You're right about Finnan looking good on the wing, but he's better at full back in my opinion. I've nothing against Josemi, but I think Finnan would be a better option there. Plus, isn't Josemi's preferred position centre back?

But yeah, the only drawback about my team is Garcia playing on the right rather than upfront. Maybe you've got a point there

did you leave out Forssell because he's injured? Or because you don't rate him over Yorke or Heskey?

When the blokes not injured, hes first on the teamsheet, for me also. If he gets fit intime and comes back to us on loan, he'd be straight back in, the boys quality.

ARSENAL:

Lehmann

Lauren

Toure

Campbell

Cole

Ljungberg

Vieira

Fabregas

Pires

Reyes

Henry

And for Wales:

P.Jones

M.Delaney

B.Thatcher

D.Gabbidon

G.Speed

S.Davies

R.Savage

J.Koumas

C.Bellamy

R.Giggs

J.Hartson

Cheers!

Edited by Boyo

man united :

right bk - Gary Neville

Centre Bk - Rio Ferdinand

Centre bk - wes brown (fully fit)

Left Bk - Gabriel Heinze

Right Midfield - Ronaldo

Centre midfield - Roy Keane

Centre midfield - Phil Neville

Left midfield - Ryan Giggs

Forward - paul scholes (in behind the striker)

Striker - Van Nistlerooy

the reason i didnt pick rooney is because with 2 defensive midfield players will help to stop leaking all of those goals.............