Chris Kanyon

SideEffect

I know chris wasent the best of talents but he had one of my favortie mic talents ever when you think about it every time Either when he was a heel or a face when he said Who's better than Kanyon? atleast i know for me i would scream nobody. So is that just me or does anyone have a favorite mid carder like kanyon was for me

He wasn't one of the best talents? Well, actually, that's where I'd say you're wrong. He was a pretty good talent by all accounts. A unique offence, decent mic skills, worked good matches and had a bit of character. Generally a good all round package. It's a shame really because when Vince's ego trip, sorry, I mean, the Alliance angle started he was one of the few WCW guys who was doing ok. A mini feud with Angle, he was US champ, he was Alliance MVP, and as you said, frankly, who was betta than Kanyon! that line was one of the few things most people might actually remember from the Alliance's early days.

He had the ability to be an interesting part of the WWE roster but just when it seemed he'd get pushed he got injured. Well, and squashed by Taker and Kane.

Big shame.

As for me, I don't really have one particular mid carder that stands out like that. I just have lots of them that I like. I often tend to be more of a fan of midcard guys than the main eventers. Don't know why, I think it's the concept of someone breaking into the main event. I always want to see it happen, but usually once it has slowly go off them. Like Benoit, always wanted him up there, always dreamt of him geting world titles and main events, and then when it did happen i kinda didn't care.

So, no, not one that stands out like that, with perhaps the exception at times of Raven in WCW early on, and then at times in TNA too.

As good as Kris Kanyon was, he was no match for one of his previous gimmicks...

MORTIS!

Mortis was a bad ass! His shtick as an insane, painted up wierdo, with a jester on a stick was some of my favorite material that ever came out of WcW...

That aside Kanyon was one of the most innovative wrestlers I have ever seen, and anyone on this site can tell you that The Maxx is not easy to impress!

FLATLINER!!!

I enjoyed Wrath as well. Anyone else remember the Wrath and Mortis tag team? It was freaking awesome. I really do with Kanyon still was wrestling in the big leagues, but then again there are so many more along with him. I'd have to say my favorite mid-carder if he could be called that, is Rhyno. I've always loved him and am hoping he gets a decent push.

Archived