Any footballers out injured?

peoples eyebrow

Yep, it's so funny, now the blokes doing well at Birmingham with a manager who has confidence in him. His confidence will only grow when theres people who actually want to see him do well and will encourage him whatsoever. Was a beautiful thing to hear, Heskey's name being chanted within 5 minutes of the first home game of the season.

Absolutely. Heskey will do well at Birmingham. I do think it's fair to say that Houllier had confidence in him as well - he played him consistently even as half the world criticised him to hell for it. And I can guarantee that Liverpool fans wanted him to do well.

But yeah - while Heskey will never be the world's greatest striker, he should do well for Birmingham, and on a personal level I wish him all the best cos he's a good guy, and I haven't forgotten the contribution he made to Liverpool's treble back in 2000/2001.

And I'm deadly serious.

Unlike this thread, which was meant to be a joke

As much as I agree with you Nicole, how you can look at that and not p*ss yoself is beyond me. And I love the guy. 11 milion for little more than a glorified John Hartson was a cracking bit of business. Not that I have anything against Big John, what with me and him having lived in the same street and all. (Ow, my foot really hurts when I drop names like that)

yeah lighten up. you don't have to defend every comment that might even be remotely directed at Birmingham.

Had that picture been posted end of last season would your reaction have been the same?

I support Blackburn, but I'm quite happy for people to take the mick out of the them, or any of their players. Half the time I'll join in myself.

Although that may well be because we're still one of only THREE teams to have ever won the Premier League/ship.

Anyways, back to my point. Yeah, Nic, lighten up. Footballers, like every other public figure get a whole hell of a lot of benefits of their hard work. They get a lifestyle that the rest of us could only dream of. They put themselves in front of the world so why shouldn't we make a little fun of them every now and then, the same we do with any other type of celebrity.

Nic, calm down. it really doesn't matter. it was one harmless joke which for some reason you felt you had to go over the top about defending.

go post crap about other teams, i'm sure most people would laugh with you. what exactly were you defending your team against? an ammusing little picture about heskey, one which you'd have laughed at had it had Cristiano Ronaldo in it.

go post crap about other teams, i'm sure most people would laugh with you. what exactly were you defending your team against? an ammusing little picture about heskey, one which you'd have laughed at had it had Cristiano Ronaldo in it.

I don't see whats funny about something that isn't true anyway. But I wont bother posting crap, as I dont like being referred to as a spamwhore.

Just calm Nic, everyone makes jokes about everything, and that's all they are, so just calm a little and don't bust a gut cause people say Heskey's lousy. It's only an opinion, and it's not ures, so what's it matter?

Every team has a whipping boy. Biscan, Quinton Fortune, Cygan, Les Ferdinand etc etc, it's only a joke at the end of the day.

I really don't see what your getting worked up about. Do you know how much stick Heskey got at Liverpool? And I didn't care in the slightest. He did after all have his moments coughStamfordBridgecough. Ahh that was a genius moment. Anyway, if we wanted to take the p*ss out of Birmingham, We'd go for the obvious, like the fact your 15th with 7 points from 8 games, just behing Portsmouth and Man City. But i wont, because to be honest we aren't doing much better.