Underrated Players

E2K

Got a player you think is vastly underrated? Here's the place to big him up.

One player who I think has been vastly underrated throughout his career is Kenny Cunnungham. No offence to Birmingham, but he's never played for a really big club (Millwall and Wimbledon being on his resume also). And yet he's one of the coolest customers I've ever seen, who can read a game superbly and has great leadership qualities. He's been a late bloomer for sure, and I think his lack of pace has been a handicap. But at least now at the tail-end of his career he's getting a bit of recognition; he's captain of his country and playing for a decent Premiership side. Quality player in my eyes.

Another is Chris Sutton. What an intelligent striker this guy is. I see a lot of Alan Shearer in his play for sure. He's great at holding up the play, linking up with the midfield and strike partner, he's superb in the air and has a real poacher's eye for a goal. He had a tough time at Chelsea when he left Blackburn, but has really gotten things back on track at Celtic. It's easy to forget his contribution during "The Larsson Years" but I'm sure Henrik would be the first to sing his praises. Quality player. A real shame that the Scottish League isn't good enough for Sven Goran Eriksson.

Anyone else got any?

Kenny Cunningham is a brilliant defender, his centre back partner in Matty Upson is learning from a great bloke. The man reads the game like no other. He's a great captain and a brilliant defender, but as you've said, his lack of pace is really catching up on him now. Still manages to play really well for his international games, and for his blues games. Really really nice guy aswell to top it all off, quality player, will be a shame when the time comes when his pace is a major problem and we get somebody else in.

I will have to agree with you both on Cunningham, as i have picked him for my Dream team for the past two years, and even though he is rated at only £2m (Dream team ratings), he consistently racks up points! He is a quality player who needs to be a really big club where he can get the recognition he deserves.

Archived