The Match

K.J

Anyone else watching this on Sky One and Sky Mix? Basically it's a reality show where a bunch of Celebs including Ralph Little, Gary Lucy, Alec Stewart, Darren Campbell and Harvey managed by Graham Taylor will take on a team of legends such as Bryan Robson, Gary Pallister, Bruce Grobbelaar, Matt Le Tissier, Paul Gascoigne and Peter Beardsley managed by Bobby Robson at St James Park this Sunday evening. The celebs have one week to train for the match.

I've found it quite enjoyable so far, apart from that Mark Durden Smith whos presenting it with Ulrika Johnson with his hilarious non stop string of Ulrika shagged this footballer jokes.

Personally I think the celebs stand no chance, even though they got rid of Dane Bowers who's way too fat to play football.

It's not too bad, but I would prefer if they ditched the presenters and showed more of the guys training and stuff like that than the very reality tv-ish fly-on-the-wall stuff, like Bosnich eating on his own or Harvey picking on Ralph Little, or them playing pool and all that garbage. I hate reality tv, but I am interested to see how they perform, especially with a match against some very good footballers coming up on Sunday.

Ulrika Johnson is such an annoying ****. Yeah, go on making a joke out of how many men you've had, that's a real good way of presenting a show and showing example to your kids. And Durden-Smith's only marginally better.

As for the football, that Darren Campbell looks a prospect. How about the two goals he scored on Sunday's show?

They'll lose though :D

Edited by E2K

I agree with E2K, thing that annoys me most about that is you're asked to vote 1 out of 3 players off the show, but you hardly seen them play. Also you don't get Taylors reasons as to why he's picked the 3 players until the following evening, by then most people have already voted so it's basically a popularity contest.#

But I'll still watch it all, and I'm very much looking forward to the match this Sunday.

That Campell is quite a prospect, frightening pace!

As for Bosnich, the guy looks terrible, he really needs to get his act together.

He is a bit. Bozzy's obviously high on coke. You can tell by his eyes. Completely glazed over.

Funny soundbite - the guy from Brookside saying "We'll find out if the beautiful people can play the beautiful game"

I sure hope he wasn't including himself in that :lol

Ian Wright was just Ian Wright, thats what he was before he was a TV presenter.

The Celebs gave a very good account of themselves, Ralph Little, Jonathon Wilkes and Harvey in particular, but the Legends never really took it seriously. Apparently they held 1 training session together and only half a dozen turned up. If this happens again, and I hope it does, then the Legends will probably take it much more seriously.

The final score was 2-1 to the legends with McCoist scoring the winner in injury time. I didnt watch too much of it over the week, but from what i did see the "celebs" were really put through their paces. I also caught an interesting hour on SKY 1 mix which contained various page 3 girls learning a dance routine :xyx Also, would i be right in saying that Harvey plays for AFC Wimbledon? or is that another ex-So Solid Crew member?