Created On: 01/10/2004 09:12:43

Expires On: 01/10/2006 09:12:43

Last Updated On: 01/10/2004 09:12:44

The Data in the Safenames Registrar WHOIS database is provided by Safenames for

information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information about

or related to a domain name registration record. Safenames does not guarantee

its accuracy. Additionally, the data may not reflect updates to billing

contact information.

By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree to use this Data only for lawful purposes

and that under no circumstances will you use this Data to:

(1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited,

commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone, or facsimile; or

(2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to Safenames

(or its computer systems). The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or

other use of this Data is expressly prohibited without the prior written

consent of Safenames. Safenames reserves the right to terminate your access to

the Safenames Registrar WHOIS database in its sole discretion, including

without limitation, for excessive querying of the WHOIS database or for failure

to otherwise abide by this policy. Safenames reserves the right to modify

these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this

policy.

There is an AGM for Thursday so await this to be confirmed officially then. The Emirates Stadium then....no soul but not bad, I'll stick to Asburton Grove thanks. :thumbsup

Edited by Clarkey

Its been confirmed today by the club, and also that Arsenal will have Emirates as their shirt sponsors from 2006. I'm mixed in view, we need the stadium and everyone on the board particularly Edelman, Dein and Fitzman are convinced Ashburton Grove was the place to go. With the money from sell the name of the stadium, plus the money that will be made from selling the flats being built at Highbury makes back a great deal of the money we have loaned out to pay for the stadium. So while its souless to have the corporate name, it means we pay off the loans for the stadium sooner which is a good thing for our future as a club.

---------------------------------

Emirates Stadium Picture

Is it just me or does it not now look like an Airport with the embrazoned Emirates logo.

Edited by Clarkey

I am appauled by Arsenal and I am probably the biggest gooner on this site.

However, I still think people will simply call it Ashburton Grove, or Arsenal Stadium, rather than Emirates Stadium.

Emirates Stadium is a wank name.

Cheers!

However, I still think people will simply call it Ashburton Grove, or Arsenal Stadium, rather than Emirates Stadium.

Cheers!

Yeah my brother is an Arsenal fan and he said the same when I rang him to take the piss. He said it'll probably just get called Ashburton Grove.

Cheers!

I'm a Gooner that actually goes to games, but you're a much bigger Gooner Boyo because of course you watch on your Sky Digibox :roll What people are forgetting (especially yourself Boyo since you are a much bigger Gooner then I and the other Gooners are :roll), is that only a year ago Arsenal were struggling to find the money for this ground, no one would back it and Dein himself was looking at Wembley as an alternative. The idea of selling the stadium name to the corporate sponsor was a way of bringing in the last essential funding, with the rest being achieved through various loans. The rejuvenating of Highbury into flats and offices will also bring in around £300 million when they are sold according to plan. Arsenal are not funded by the government (real madrid), a russian billionaire (chelsea) and are not the most globally renowned brand name club (Manchester United). We did not have cash to turn this offer down, there was even talk of Dein and Hillwood looking at getting thier own Russian to fund the stadium project much the same way Emirates have. It was Edelmans and Fiszmans collective confidence to the project that has pulled it through, and although it means having to have a corporate named Stadium at least it means we will be able to fund the new stadium and not be in debt........unless 'biggest gooner Boyo' you want the new stadium plans to flop just like they did last year when lack of funding meant the builders stopped work.

I'm a Gooner that actually goes to games' date=' but you're a much bigger Gooner Boyo because of course you watch on your Sky Digibox :roll[/quote']

Yep, I go to games too. Admittedly not that many though, only about 5 a season.

What people are forgetting (especially yourself Boyo since you are a much bigger Gooner then I and the other Gooners are :roll)' date=' is that only a year ago Arsenal were struggling to find the money for this ground, no one would back it and Dein himself was looking at Wembley as an alternative.[/quote']

Nope, haven't forgotten that, either.

The idea of selling the stadium name to the corporate sponsor was a way of bringing in the last essential funding' date=' with the rest being achieved through various loans. The rejuvenating of Highbury into flats and offices will also bring in around £300 million when they are sold according to plan.[/quote']

Wrong.

Actually £45m is the funding from selling the stadium name, the rest is because Emirates will be having their names aross our shirts at the start of the 2006 season, when the stadium is completed.

unless 'biggest gooner Boyo' you want the new stadium plans to flop just like they did last year when lack of funding meant the builders stopped work.

Nope, I'm looking forward to the new stadium as much as anyone.

Anyway, I said "probably the biggest Gooner"...I stand corrected, sheesh.

Cheers!