Save Rock 'n' Roll!

Inno

YOU can be part of the sensation sweeping the nation, and help save Rock n' Roll too.

Fed up of record companies churning out Will Young and Gareth Gates? Prove them wrong and get REAL music back in the charts! November 8th sees the release of the NEW Thunder Single, I Love You More Than Rock 'n' Roll - the last single they released, with no airplay anywhere and no record company media blitz JUST missed out on the Top 40 by a hundred and fifty copies/ This time, they're going for it big time and YOU can be part of it! Treat yourself to the new Thunder record, pre-order it from your records store, and let's get some real music back in the charts!

You download a sample of the single and the associated B-sides here to whet your appetite : http://www.thunderonline.com/thunder/downloads/

Go on... make an Inno happy

Andrew WK? Thunder? Stinkers!

Never liked Thunder much, thought they were way too stinky to be taken seriously, and way not good enough to compare to the stinky stadium stuff the US put out at the time.

as for Andrew WK I'd rate him somewhere alongside Daphne & Celeste in terms of quality. At least D & C were entertaining when they were on Buzzcocks.

WK was the saviour of Rock n Roll. Thunder are the messiahs.

I know meself they're a tad cheesy, but for a 'small' band, they consistently put out good records, do storming live shows, and actually give a damn about the fans. They split for a while, and they were offered a reunion slot on the Monsters Of Rock tour supporting Alice Cooper 2 years ago, and nearly turned it down as they didn't wanna upset the fans and look like they were back for the money, so they made a record... and they stuck around.

They're gonna be on tour in November with Deep Purple, so that's not a bad CV - hand picked by Alice and Deep Purple within 2 years, and 2 sell out UK tours in Academy sized arenas.

They're fine by me :D

Andrew WK? Thunder? Stinkers!

Never liked Thunder much, thought they were way too stinky to be taken seriously, and way not good enough to compare to the stinky stadium stuff the US put out at the time.

as for Andrew WK I'd rate him somewhere alongside Daphne & Celeste in terms of quality. At least D & C were entertaining when they were on Buzzcocks.

I never liked Thunder much either and the less said about Andrew WK the better,i will just say something that might get me in trouble.

I think Andrew WK is awesome.

I'm generally into more heavy stuff than him, but its very jumpy and excitable.

I suppose he's just all about having a good time, partying (hard) and so on.

I dont quite get what this thread is all about by the way.

Doesnt matter. Party 'til you puke!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hot off the press!

1st NOVEMBER 2004 : NEW SINGLE RELEASE DATE GOES BACK TO NOV 22ND - IT'S SELLING TOO FAST.........

Yes folks, it's true. The new single "I Love You More Than Rock'n'Roll" is pre-selling faster than a very fast thing with an extremely good reason to be fast. With a week to go before the release, pre-sales have already exceeded the total number manufactured (and we manufactured many more than we thought we'd sell), so this means all your hard work is definitely producing results. Please accept a huge THANK YOU from all of us here at Thunder Towers for all your requesting and persuading and general positivity.

More copies have been ordered in an attempt to meet the demand, but once made, they will inevitably take a wee while to work their way from factory to distributor, to the shops and ultimately to you.

Therefore, as this is a hugely important single for all of us, we've decided to move the release date back to MONDAY NOVEMBER 22nd. We apologise for this, and we know you had your hearts set on getting hold of your copies next week, but it would appear we're all victims of our own success on this, and whilst putting the release back is a bit of a pest, it's for the best possible reason.

On the plus side, we all have 2 more weeks to keep at it.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks for doing such a good job.

Keep it up, the sky's the limit here people....

The Band

Top 40 is ours! Could this be heading for the top 10? whooo hooo!

• 3 weeks later...

As one of my last acts before riding off into the TWO sunset (for now? who knows...) It's up to me to pass on the news - Thunder are sitting at #19 in the Midweek singles charts!

Listen to Radio 1 on SUnday to see where they end up... what a week! Status Quo and Thunder in the top 20! Whoo!