Main eventer walks on WWE

The Icon

Rumors have started to surface that Kane has given his notice to WWE. The reason for the apparent notice is that Kane wasn’t happy with the substantial pay cut when renewing his contract with the company recently.

to add to what is still a rumour Kane did a stone Cold (& chavo Classic) & no showed 2 house show events. He is expected to be on Raw tonight but don't be too surprised if kane leaves WWE at least temporaly like Austin did.

I guess you can understand his frustration but the thing is with the way the industry is right now he has two choices. work for WWE, or don't work at all.

No other promotion is really big enough to bring him in in the United States. TNA could always try and break the bank to bring him in but I doubt they, or he, would want to do that move at all.

No other promotion could afford him. Japan is always an option I guess but does he want to spend all his time there?

I'm sure the WWE realises that with no WCW anymore they can basically pick and choose whoever they want with no real alternatives. I'm sure lots of the guys on the roster would have taken similar action much sooner and considered leaving if there actually was somewhere else to go.

WWE has most of these guys over a barrel. Continue there, unhappy, or you might as well retire.

actually his in ring work for a big guy aint that bad. What do you expect him to be doing when he's that big? 630 splashes? Kane works decent enough matches with the right opponents and when given the chance can play the monster role really well.

I'd like to see ANYONE do a 630 splash :D

The problem is the WWE "Big Guy" style

I've seen some of the big guys who have left the WWE, like Bull Buchanan - the guy can actually work, and fly - BTW, he does the rope walk that Taker calls "Old School", so Taker is not the only "big man" who has this level of balance

The WWE's style dictates that if you're over 6'6, then you have to club and bash, with not much else - I'm sure he's capable of much more, but while in the WWE, he's restricted (anyone else remember the HurriKaneRana?)

I know that Honky Tonk Man reported it on his offical website, whether he will be a good source I'm not sure. I will be very suprised if Kane does actually leave the WWE, especially when they are getting ready for the horror movie which he is supposed to star in which he must be getting a few extra dollors for.

Also, although they haven't been using Kane as they should have in recent months, I do think if used correctly he is a great assest to the Raw roster.

Edited by Dan

Well, the thing is, if Kane was getting decent storylines then he might not mind the pay cut as of right now.

Kane should have been pushed as a solid main-eventer many moons ago, and when he finally did win the championship at Bad Blood, Stone Cold won it back from him the next night on RAW...

I feel sorry for Kane because he and probably many of his fans know where he should be right now, and that's at the top of the pile with your Benoit's and Triple H's...

when he finally did win the championship at Bad Blood' date=' Stone Cold won it back from him the next night on RAW...[/quote']

He actually won it at King of the Ring in a last blood, just incase anybody doesnt know. I can see where the mistake came from though, with it being a last blood match and you saying bad blood.

I've always found Kane really watchable in-ring, and thought of him as one of my favourite wrestlers. But since his demasking his charcter has been screwed so much Ive lost interest. I know thats not his fault, which is why I'd be sorry to see him go. Losing the mask was the worst thing to happen to him. I know a lot of people would dissagree with me on this one, but the mask gave him an aura, an air of mystery that made him interesting. For me, since he lost it, he's just been another psychotic big guy.

i agree with welsh scouser his mask was special

it was what he was

screw that

the mask was kane :kane :brows

since kane has lost his mask he has sucked i mean come on

he is just a more experianced hedin-whats-his-name :lol

anyway :bw to kane whereever he goes

Nixinator (& everybody) don't wish him luck just yet, I never said he was gone just that he no showed a few shows & may, MAY have giving notice.

There is always a chance he didn't (there is also a chance the whole story is incorrect until I see it on a reputable site or on WWE.com I will treat it with some disdain.)

Incidently my original source was Rajah.com which usually prints accurate stories.

A last blood match? I think you mean first blood right' date=' as in person loses once they bleed.[/quote']

That's exactly what I was thinking. Altough, if you look at it realistally, they both mean the same thing. The first one to bleed loses or the last one to bleed wins..

Nah, maybe not :roll

Anyway I can see where the mistake came from Chris...

Regarding the Kane rumor that he gave notice on the Honky Tonk Man web site, while I can't say this absolutely, I've been told by those in the company there is nothing to it. If there is any credence to it, we'll update later.

Credit - Wrestling Observer.com

i would be gutted if kane was to leave WWE, when he demasked everyone thought it would be a disaster for his charactor...but the only disaster has been WWE's clumbsy use of the guy.....i mean christ almighty!!!! when he first de-masked....wow!!!!! we had a monster, way way, nastier than the original kane...and what did they do???? they wasted the oportunity. the guy is most deffinatley feeling unwanted...a pay cut, and obviously feeling like he was going to be given a huge push, only to have it snatched away from him and instead given to Orton!!!!! (dont get me wrong.... i love orton, but he hasnt put as many years of dedication into wrestling as poor old kane.)

a big talented guy like kane would get a decent push in TNA, the only prob is would he get over with the crowd without the kane gimmick????? because no doubt the kane persona belongs to WWE.

anyway, isnt 2005 the year that ted turner is going to start a wrestling premotion????? vince better start treating his wrestlers with a bit more respect. i can see WWE losing a lot of its roster if ted turner opens up shop again. there is plenty of talent on the WWE roster that doesnt get used after all.

why not....he knows the business, hes been there before, hes got the cash for it..... he knows he can get the wrestlers.....and he can learn from his previous mistakes, so that he doesnt make em again. as long as he doesnt go head to head with WWE again, he should be fine. if he opens a premotion up thats where a lot of guys will want to go. hogan to name but one

ok, does he know the business? I was always of the impression he was a fan with a lot of money personally.

He has been there before. Wasn't neccessarily a success in the end though was it?

He knows he can get what wrestlers exactly? WWE have most of the good ones. Who would he bring in? Hogan, Hall, Nash and Sting? All well past their sell by date and not as good as anything WWE has to offer.

If he's not going head to head with WWE I don't think he'd want to do it. Turner wouldn't want some small time promotion he'd want somethnig big. When you've had WCW, and had it as huge as he did at one point would you want to settle for something tiny?

if that was the case he might as well just pump some money into TNA and take that over. At least it's already off the ground and does have some potential.

I know that Honky Tonk Man reported it on his offical website...

Whoa!!! Stop right there. Honky is a real goober. He's about as stable as The Ultimate Warrior, which is to say not at all.

As for the unmasking of Kane, bad idea. I always liked the mask. It set him apart in a room full of big guys. I thought the voice box was a good idea when he used it. Made him really creepy. He was one of the last real twisted people.

No Maxx, I'm not scooping your heat big guy. You still rule the Twisted Wastes.

ted turners last little venture DID fail, but thats just because he went head to head with vince...do you really think that he would do that again....of course not!!!!! and as for what talent can he get........ there is plenty of talent that is underused by WWE, that would have prob already left for pastures greener if it wasnt for the fact that there is no where to go apart from TNA, and as cool as TNA is, they cant pay the same wages. wcw wasnt small fry b4 they went into direct competition with WWE, we used to get their shows over here before the Bishof/nwo era.... so in early 90's they were an international wrestling premotion, that was just as recognisable as wwf... how is that small time?????

sposedly turner was already offered the chance of buying into TNA, and he refused, well wouldnt you if you had that much money?????? why by the steaks when you can own an entire cow?????

Edited by silverG