Asian Cinema.

eyes_adrift

I personaly am a big fan of asian films and was just wondering if anyone else here is into them.

A few of my favourites are.

Hard Boiled,Iron Monkey,Story of Ricky,The Killer,Drunken Master,The Ring trilogy,The Prodigal Son,Bichunmoo,The Odd Couple,Shiri,Dragons Forever and tons more.

I love asian cinema. Infact, I think they produce better stuff then Hollywood does. I decided to base my DVD collection around asian cinema.

films i recommend are - Zatochi boxset, Zatochi, Stormrider Trilogy, Sonatine, Island of Greed, Jackie Chan films (espically Project A), Jet Li Films (see my Jet Li thread to see which ones), Roningai

i soo love asian movies particularly HK Martial Arts movies, particularly early Jackie Chan and Anime which is how i first got into asian movies, and of course i Own Battle Royale SE, no japanophile should be without it (i wanna use Kou Shibasaki's legs as a necklace :D >:) LOL )

which for me is the best action movie i have ever seen excluding HK martial arts movies, this blows any american offering out the water with great ease.

Edited by Anime Otaku

It seems everyone who has replied really likes a "sub set" of Asian cinema. Don't see many shout outs for the likes of Chungking Express' date=' In the mood for love, Shower,Not one less, Beijing Bicycle etc. Ironic how you're pimping Asian films over Hollywood's offerings and then proclaiming love for the most lowbrow bang-bang kick-kick fare the continent puts out.[/quote']

feh, don't get so arrogant. Just means "the most lowbrow bang-bang kick-kick fare" they release is better then what Hollywood offers :P

It seems everyone who has replied really likes a "sub set" of Asian cinema. Don't see many shout outs for the likes of Chungking Express' date=' In the mood for love, Shower,Not one less, Beijing Bicycle etc. Ironic how you're pimping Asian films over Hollywood's offerings and then proclaiming love for the most lowbrow bang-bang kick-kick fare the continent puts out.[/quote']

What do you mean by low brow?.

Could it possibly be in the same way as everyone else in the world views wrestling?

Because since this is afterall a forum for people who like to watch men throw fake punches at each other and hit people with steel chairs that was a bold statement.

• Like 1

What do you mean by low brow?.

Could it possibly be in the same way as everyone else in the world views wrestling?

Because since this is afterall a forum for people who like to watch men throw fake punches at each other and hit people with steel chairs that was a bold statement.

ROFLMAO :worship :thumbsup

• Like 1

Aisan films, horror & Action in particular are as good (often better) than hollywood ones. I just seen a case in point a film called 'Save the green planet' about a man who may be mad or may be the saviour of the human race. Basically he thinks there are Aliens living on the world & are about to destroy mankind. If your local cinema is showing this film catch it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i know i took me ages to try and get them all but it was Supercop that i was most shocked to find out was one of them since it's Michelle Yeoh that stars in it and not Jackie.

Actually Police Story 5 came out this year it has three different names San ging chaat goo si (2004) .... Insp. Wing

... aka New Police Story (2004) (Hong Kong: English title)

... aka Police Story 5 (2004) (Hong Kong: English title)

• 2 months later...