Alter Bridge

Alan

Alter Bridge are a "new" group which consists of three former members of Creed (Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall) and the ex-lead singer of Mayfield Four (Myles Kennedy). After Creed went their seperate ways in late 2002/early 2003 Mark and Scott wanted to remain together and carry on making music. Mark contacted Brian Marshall who was Creeds bassist before leaving the band prior to the Weathered album being recorded. The three guys needed a singer, and remembered Myles from when his band opened for Creed on tour in the ninties. Obviously Myles was glad to be asked and joined up, therefore finalising the Alter Bridge line-up. They have since recorded their debut album "One Day Remains" which is out now, and their first single from the cd is called "Open Your Eyes". There are some similarities between Alter Bridge and Creed, in as much as the trademark soliloquy guitar intro to the songs that made many of Creed’s tunes so poignant remains and finds life within many of the compositions that make up this album, but they are two very different bands in the end.

Anyone heard the new track? I know people on here disliked Creed with a passion, but maybe you have a different opinion on these guys?

I didn't, I loved Creed. One of my favourite bands of the past few years. Have all the albums, loved their sound and song writing. I think they ruled.

I have the same opinion of Alter Bridge that I had about Creed when I first heard them, they're cool and I think I'll end up really getting into them.

I got the album through the post yesterday morning, and i am quite impressed with what i heard. Obviously with some of the songs, the similarity to creed is highly apparent, but on a couple of tracks (One Day Remains for example) you can really tell they are a band of their own. Myles' vocals are not on the same level as Stapp but he still makes an impact on each song, which i think is important. On a whole i think the album is very good, with some tracks surpassing previous Creed efforts, and some not quite getting there. If you were a fan of Creed or the members, then this album is for you.

I have the album and I love it.

I actually think track 2 "One Day Remains" is better than the next track "Open Your Eyes"

When I first heard Open Your Eyes I told my mate they sounded like Creed, then I found out who the band consisted of and thought "Well, that makes sense"

So yeah, I was a big Creed fan and this Alter Bridge album makes up for the fact Creed wont have another album out.

Archived