*** WWE No Mercy 2004 PPV Discussion Thread ***

Kam

PPV Quiz and Chat

As is our monthly tradition here at Talk Wrestling Online, we will be holding our monthly PPV Quiz and Chat night. Head over to the TWO chatroom at 8.00pm to enter our highly popular quiz, with your host Chris2k! Then from 9pm until 1am, why not stay along for a good ol' chat about the PPV with all the TWO regulars? The more, the merrier.

WWE No Mercy Quiz and Chat

Sunday 3rd October 2004

(UK Times)

Quiz: 8.00 - 9.00pm

Chat: 9pm - 1am

For more info click here.

PPV Prediction League

Post your predictions below – anyone can enter!

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15218

Matches

• WWE Championship - Last Ride Match
    JBL vs The Undertaker

• US Championship
    Booker T vs John Cena

• WWE Tag Team Championship
    Rene Dupree/Kenzo Suzuki vs RVD/Rey Mysterio

• Crusierweight Championship
    Spike Dudley vs Nunzio

• Kurt Angle vs The Big Show

• Eddie Guerrero vs Luther Reigns

• Paul London vs Billy Kidman

How to order the PPV

UK:

Live on Sky Sports 2 at 1am

USA:

See WWE.com - No Mercy

:xyx

WWE Championship - Last Ride Match

JBL vs The Undertaker

Winner: JBL

US Championship

Booker T vs John Cena

Winner: John Cena

WWE Tag Team Championship

Winner: Kenzo/Dupree

Crusierweight Championship

Spike Dudley vs Nunzio

Winner: Nunzio

Kurt Angle vs The Big Show

Winner: The Big Show

Eddie Guerrero vs Luther Reigns

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Paul London vs Billy Kidman

Winner: Paul London( I hope)

In order to confuse the prediction's league entrants yet again WWE have added a last minute match.

On WWE Afterburn, Josh Mathews announced an added 6-Person Tag Team match where the Dudley Boyz and Dawn Marie will face Charlie Haas, Rico, and Miss Jackie at No Mercy.

WWE Championship - Last Ride Match

JBL vs The Undertaker

Winner: JBL

US Championship

Booker T vs John Cena

Winner: John Cena

WWE Tag Team Championship

Winner: Kenzo/Dupree

Crusierweight Championship

Spike Dudley vs Nunzio

Winner: Nunzio

Kurt Angle vs The Big Show

Winner: The Big Show

Eddie Guerrero vs Luther Reigns

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Paul London vs Billy Kidman

Winner: Paul London( I hope)

Shouldn't you do this in the Predictions system rather than in here?

In order to confuse the prediction's league entrants yet again WWE have added a last minute match.

On WWE Afterburn, Josh Mathews announced an added 6-Person Tag Team match where the Dudley Boyz and Dawn Marie will face Charlie Haas, Rico, and Miss Jackie at No Mercy.

It was announced on Velocity as well :)

Ok, I'm not watching the PPV and I'm not sure I will get to see it but I've been told Eddie Guerrero is in the opening match! What the hell is that about? He is one of the most popular guys on SD and should be one of the people they build the show around and yet he is in the opening match. :(

Great PPV, one of the best PPV's ive seen in a long long time. Defenitly the best PPV of 2004.

Top Stuff from everyone involved in No Mercy :xyx

Yeah I know it was great. (I thought it was going to suck like Judgment Day). My favorite matches were Big Show vs Kurt Angle, and JBL vs Undertaker. Well I liked all the matches.

I enjoyed this PPV. The kidman and London match was good and i enjoyed the JBL V Undertaker.

The only matches i couldnt be bothered with was the tag championship match but that is mainly down to Suzuki and Rene and the Booker T V Cena match, I really hate Cena. He was much better as a heel, his ''raps'' have become dull and he hasnt improved at all in the ring. I know people give him a loud pop but he dont deserve it. I cant wait for him to go make his ''film'' so I dont have to watch him on Smackdown or PPV's for a while. If he was alright in the ring id have no problem but the Big Show is more tallented performer than him......(ill stop ranting)

. Id give it 8/10. It surprised me and I liked the ending.

Edited by Stoned Cold

well I wasnt intending to watch the ppv but a bout of blowing chunks led me downstairs to watch from 2:30 onwards.

Cena vs Booker was their usual dull brawl style match, someone please send Cena to OVW just so we can have a couple of more moves out of "the future of the WWE"

The 6 person intergender tag was different, Haas and Rico are looking good as a team and Rico's antics always make me chuckle. Can't see the point in the women's feud, but hey thats WWE writing for you

I thought the Main event was pretty good, nothing technically special from either competitor but lots of nice brawling. The tombstone on the ring steps was good and the choke slam was by no means original, but effective.

Hideandseek then came in to finish the undertaker, who somehow sat up from having his face smothered in water. The after match speech would have been the perfect way for JBL's next opponent to interupt and start the feud. The car crash at the end....pointless!

I thought it was a cracking PPV. The tag match was pretty original and fast paced stuff. Cena v Booker, unfortunatly was pretty dull and predictable.Kidman and London was better than I expected. And the finish did a lot more to get Kidman over than his entire previous career. I actually fell asleep during the title match ,just after the tombstone. (Although that wasn't due to the match being boring, form what I remember, I was just really tired) But from what i've heard Heidenreich came down and JBL still has the title. Please God don't let that be true.

If you mean the JBL bandwagon of apathetic fans who are fed up with him as champion then yes it does indeed roll on.

Backstage more and more apparently people are waiting for JBL to hurry up and lose the title... surely thats the last of his title defences.

Smackdown sucks! Since they started though the response is always the same after an SD PPV... they do indeed always give 110% on Smackdown its just a shame that the booking makes it about as entertaining as BBC 2 Wildlife programmes.

Edited by Simon

JBL vs Undertaker.....worst finish ever! I wasn't over keen on the whole show, but Kidman/London was good, Kidmans finally got a decent angle, and Kurt vs Big Show was exellent.It was heading for a decent 7/10 IMO, but Heidenreich ruined it, he may well be the worst talent ever.4/10

How blatent did they make the ending of the JBL match? How many blacked out Herses do you see? And JBL and Taker blatently going away from the Herse when they had a great chance to win the match. Maybe its me getting older and becoming less gullable, but that was nearly as laughable as the finish to the last JBL Taker match, so I'm agreeing with you Wyndorf.

Overall all, it entertained me and thats what matters. So thumbs up.

You know when the crowd is dead after the finish of your main event that something isn't right...WWE really need to put the title on someone who the fans give a damn about.

Overall It was one of the better PPVs I've seen this year...In my opinion the Paul London Vs Billy Kidman match was probably the best cruiserweight match I've seen in ages, Great work from both men and they now finally have a cruiser feud I actually care about. Eddie Guerrero opening the show was a suprising choice I have to admit, But it did it's job and the finish despite being a screwjob I thought was set up brilliantly, Can't say I've ever seen that finish done before, So thumbs up for that.

Cena Vs Booker T was pretty boring as expected, Added to the fact that I didn't want Cena to go over, So that made it worse. Perhaps the most dissapointing match of the night. The 6 Man/Woman Tag was your typical "calm the crowd down before the main event crap". Spike Dudley Vs Nunzio was also very good, I'm not a Spike fan personally but he and Nunzio had a pretty good match, Shame Nunzio didn't pick up the win.

Angle/Big Show was very good, Quite suprised they had show go over, Especially with Angle apparently lobbying for a title match with Undertaker, The match worked brilliantly and told the story perfectly which made both men look strong coming out of it. The Main Event was suprisingly watchable, Although it could have been better, But for Heidenreich getting involved, I HATE Heidenreich and don't want to see him on TV let alone in a main event feud. Pathetic ending to the show also, A typical angle we've seen soooooo many times before and really is getting boring...I mean is there anybody out there who doesn't know Taker is gonna come out of it unscathed? and then go after Heidenreich? Exactly. The question is though...Who next for JBL?.

Good PPV though despite the crap Main Event.

I think there's plenty of room on it though.. so far it has only Vince McMahon' date=' Bradshaw and a couple of silly people from this forum.[/quote']

Bradshaw is not only on his own bandwagon........he's pushing the darn thing :lol :lol

Average PPV to be honest. Poor ending and having the "Pome reader" trying to start a feud that nobody but himself wants was laughable. Best match for me was Show vs Angle.