Ric Flair's discomfort in WWE

Venture

- Word is that Ric Flair is really starting to feel constant pain and discomfort as a result of his many years in the ring. Despite his problems though, he apparently hides it when he arrives to the arena for shows. [PWTorch.com]

Yeah I was wondering why was he so slow, when I saw him on Raw when he was in that match. I think Ric Flair should take a break or quit Evolution.

I don't, I think he should just quit wrestling. Flair's one of my all time faves but it really is time for him to pack it in. he's had major surgeries over the years and is dead old. he does still have a place in WWE but not as a wrestler.

Well, it's a shame about he pain he's receiving, but I think it's up to Ric himself to decide when he wants to quit active wrestling. As long as he's doing it, I will watch, respect and enjoy his matches. But, it's up to him :) and yes, of course there should still be a place for him in the WWE on TV other than wrestling...

well it's not actually just up to him. WWE could stop him wrestling any time they wanted. I will rarely watch, hardly ever respect, and even less often enjoy his matches. He was a great worker, in my opinion the best of all time, but that doesn't mean he enertains me in the ring anymore.

well it's not actually just up to him. WWE could stop him wrestling any time they wanted. I will rarely watch' date=' hardly ever respect, and even less often enjoy his matches. He was a great worker, in my opinion the best of all time, but that doesn't mean he enertains me in the ring anymore.[/quote']

Well, the reasoning for that is probably simple. You probably watched Flair when he was in his prime, and I didn't. I'm 15 years old and have been watching wrestling since I was about 10 years old, therefore I ddin't get to see Flair in his prime, which is probably why I enjoy his matches a lot more than other people nowadays?

Just a thought...

I think Ric is pretty embarrassing nowadays in the ring. Which is a big shame. I'd much prefer him to be in a managerial role for DAVE and Hunter where he'll maybe get involved in matches and take a few bumps but that's about it.

The managerial role sounds good to me for Dave and Hunter, but then in a few months down the line, maybe he could be involved in a storyline where he screws them to become Orton's mentor? Leaving Hunter to mentor Dave and hopefully regain form without having to rely on Flair. A change for Flair would be pretty good IMO, but not too soon...

I think WWE should make him Face now because I think he's tired of being with HHH as heel.

I believe a face turn would be for the best, but because he's tired of being a heel with Hunter is not a reason. I think it's simply because Flair is due a turn, and it would do Randy Orton the world of goodif he were to become his mentor leaving Hunter to mentor Batista.

Off of the top of my head, I've thought of this idea to build up both Batista and Randy Orton:

My idea is that at the start of November, Ric Flair leaves Evolution to become Randy Orton's mentor whilst Batista sticks with Hunter. Then the build-up starts. Triple H starts showing previous top form and finally defeats Chris Benoit to retain his title at say Survivor Series or Armageddon, whilst Randy Orton is defeating other top superstars but not getting a title shot due to the ruling of Eric Bischoff.

Even with that Flawback, Orton shows his great wrestling ability which he has all along, but shows that he is starting to use his brain to help him win a lot more matches, due to the tutoring of Flair. (This is what Orton did not have with the last encouter between himself and Triple H)

And finally at WM XX1 they meet for the belt in the main event. (whether Orton wins the rumble or battle royal) Orton then defeats Triple H for the belt with Flair in his corner showing that he is now mentally as well as physically capable of defeating anyone. (Flair knew Hunter well, and being the master in the ring, was able to teach Orton how to overcome him)

Flair then gets in the ring to celebrate with Orton whilst Batista comes to check on Triple H. Then, all of a sudden, Orton low blows and RKO's Ric Flair. Orton then looks to Batista, who picks up Hunter for a BatistaBomb. Orton and Batista leave together celebrating whilst Tripps and Flair are left in the ring. This then starts a new feud of Batista an Orton Vs Triple H and Ric Flair.

Orton and Batista can then be their own version of the old Shawn Michaels/Triple H. Orton acting as HBK being the main-eventer, and Batista acting as HHH as the sidekick pupil in his corner.

Flair could then finish this feud to hang up his tights and be Triple H's manager.

Sorry, I just had to get that out of system, the only flaw I can find with it is what is Randy Orton going to do from now to Wrestlemania without having a title match with Tripps?

What do you all think?

Flair then gets in the ring to celebrate with Orton whilst Batista comes to check on Triple H. Then, all of a sudden, Orton low blows and RKO's Ric Flair. Orton then looks to Batista, who picks up Hunter for a BatistaBomb. Orton and Batista leave together celebrating whilst Tripps and Flair are left in the ring. This then starts a new feud of Batista an Orton Vs Triple H and Ric Flair.

too much of a cluster****, particularly after Orton screwed Evolution on numerous occasions, and then Flair did the same to leave and join Orton. For it to then suddenly have Flair and HHH getting back together would be unbelievable, and why exactly would Batista turn on HHH and join Orton? All too random and Vince Russo like. Not logical enough for me. If you want Flair to leave Evolution and join Orton, I could be made to buy that, but to then screw up the sides and swap the four about halfway through would make no sense to me and take a lot of work on the booking to make it convincing.

My idea is that at the start of November, Ric Flair leaves Evolution to become Randy Orton's mentor whilst Batista sticks with Hunter. Then the build-up starts. Triple H starts showing previous top form and finally defeats Chris Benoit to retain his title at say Survivor Series or Armageddon, whilst Randy Orton is defeating other top superstars but not getting a title shot due to the ruling of Eric Bischoff.

Even with that Flawback, Orton shows his great wrestling ability which he has all along, but shows that he is starting to use his brain to help him win a lot more matches, due to the tutoring of Flair. (This is what Orton did not have with the last encouter between himself and Triple H)

And finally at WM XX1 they meet for the belt in the main event. (whether Orton wins the rumble or battle royal) Orton then defeats Triple H for the belt with Flair in his corner showing that he is now mentally as well as physically capable of defeating anyone. (Flair knew Hunter well, and being the master in the ring, was able to teach Orton how to overcome him)

Orton and Batista can then be their own version of the old Shawn Michaels/Triple H. Orton acting as HBK being the main-eventer, and Batista acting as HHH as the sidekick pupil in his corner.

Flair could then finish this feud to hang up his tights and be Triple H's manager.

Sounds like a reasonable angle, which is probably why WWE wouldn't use it. ;) ;)

As for your scenario, Orton maybe dipping into tag ranks with Flair while waiting for WM XX1 ( with a title reign maybe ). Only thing I couldn't really see is Batista as a face but Orton could possibly help get him over with most people i guess. :eek

Orton hit it right on the head in my opinion. Ric Flair was one of the all time greats, but this generation will remember him as a not-to-clever-in-the-ring geriatric and Triple H's B*tch. And I don't see any way too recify it. It's a shame. Ric Flair appearing on Raw should be something special. He should be getting ovations just for being Ric Flair. But even when your as highly regarded as he is, to much exposure and boring matches and the novelty and nostalgia will wear off. Foley is a perfect example of what Falir should be doing. He only quit full time 4 years ago. But when he comes out, people cheer the hell out of him because "It's Mick Foley, I can't believe he's here" Unfortunatly, with Flair (And Michaels by the way) this wore off years ago. Now there just another 2 wrestlers on the roster.

Sounds like a reasonable angle, which is probably why WWE wouldn't use it. ;) ;)

As for your scenario, Orton maybe dipping into tag ranks with Flair while waiting for WM XX1 ( with a title reign maybe ). Only thing I couldn't really see is Batista as a face but Orton could possibly help get him over with most people i guess. :eek

No, if you read again, it says Batista joins Orton, leaving Flair and HHH as faces.

Orton can then be his extra arrogant, cocky heel character which seems to be over with the fans. Whilst doing this he can be mentoring Batista like HBK did with HHH.

Yes, I myself thought it was a genius of an angle, and I even said to my sister, that's why the WWE will do something totally different :P It always happens to me...

I still don't understand why Flair still wrestles... hopefully he will stop soon, or at least stop wrestling so often since he just doesn't need to.

Flair should just do more talking for Evolution and keep being a proper old school manager instead... I mean for example he did more on the mic for Randy Orton in 15 minutes than Orton did in 2 months.

I'm not surprised he's feeling discomfort. He's in his fifties for starters, he's had so many years of getting knocked about, and that backdrop he takes in every match can't be helping. Flair is one of the all-time greats, but not anymore, and I really wish he wouldn't try to gut it out by hiding his discomfort and hurting himself more in the process. It's time he let it go now. Even legends have to retire at some stage.

I'm with E2K. Everyone has to retire sometime. I think Flair should have 5 years ago, but anyway. I don't see why he has to keep wrestling. He's not entertaining, in lacking physical condition, and his matches consist of three spots. Let him be a manager or something. Possibly a gm, just make him put a shirt on. I"m tired of seeing this (.)Y(.) every time he wrestles.

he is already viewed as a total has been....... he is embarrassing to watch in the ring. he was a great wrestler in his day, but not now, i agree with jayden (for once..lol) he doesnt enjoy his matches either. there is only one old guy that can still pull off wrestling at an old age and thats......... terry funk, but only because he risks his body...foley style. teach flair to hardcore wrestle and ill be interested. he is destrying his legacy by continuing to wrestle.

Foley is a perfect example of what Falir should be doing. He only quit full time 4 years ago. But when he comes out, people cheer the hell out of him because "It's Mick Foley, I can't believe he's here" Unfortunatly, with Flair (And Michaels by the way) this wore off years ago. Now there just another 2 wrestlers on the roster.-welshscouser
i totally agree dude

I"m tired of seeing this (.)Y(.) every time he wrestles.-dante

i totally totally.....100 % agree with that.

Edited by silverG