Things that spook you out

Fletch

Man im sitting here at 1:13 am in the morning and I refuse to go to bed. I just cant sleep, not while thats about, it unsettles me.

What im referring to is a police helicopter outside with the search light on going over our houses and circling. Something about choppers at night just spooks me out, i cant sleep until its gone, just the noise and everything. And the lights and errr yuck. get rid of it.

Anything like that with you?

The last two nights (Weds/Thurs) I've been round my mate Lloyd's house. We watched a spot of wrestling (which I mentioned elsewhere) but on Weds we watched 28 Days Later and on Thurs it was Heny Potrait of a Serial Killer. I've seen 'em both before but having lost my keys and having to scrabble about under the stones in a pitch-black backyard certainly gets the heart pumping.

Apart from that it's nightmares that give me problems now and then. I rarely dream except when I'm too hot and then I get scary dreams. Horrible things. Wake up in a state of shock and filled with unfathomable dread but I only vaguely remember the dreams the next day.

How about dreams that come true? I have em now and again and they are annoying, just little fractured pieces that you can only see when they've all come together...

Seriously I had a dream once that someone was in the backyard and was going to break in and get me... I opened my eyes and thought nah, I'm a loon and opened my curtains at one in the morning to prove the sensible side of brain correct. There was a guy stood at the bottom the garden caseing out my house for a break in... That was 6 years ago...

Then I had a dream about a normal convo I had with my sis and her fella after visiting her house and their new baby lad. Which was strange cos she wasn't even pregnant...

The the other week, about ten months later we had that convo, just mundane stuff that people chat about but it was word for word and lying in the crib was my little nephew George? Freaky eh?

So trust me when I'm avoiding getting the car with my girlfriend seeing as I keep on having a recurring dream where we crash. We don't die but I get a broken arm and rib in the dream and I'd rather that not come true....

Okay I see...

Well one time I had to go to a friend's house to babysit his son. So he left me like $20 to feed and buy whatever his son needs. He had to go to work or he'll get fired. I understood how important this was to him. So I cancelled my trip to the arcade with my friends so I can babysit his son just this time. Okay, there he is, acting nervous like he was going to be late (I could tell from the sweat). I told him to calm down, you have 35 minutes left. I told him he should be going now then he left and told me to take care of his baby (his name is Andrew). Then like one hour after he left, I fed the baby and put him to sleep. So I went to explore his house (I wasn't going to go in his room of course). I just went into the attic to see what's there (this is the part). So I opened the door, then saw something fly (looked like a bat). It really looked like he hasn't been in the attic for quite a while. Suddenly, I hear the door close by itself. I started to worry a little bit.

I looked around... I started to get a little scared since the door knob wouldn't turn. I started to hear noises... but it was the cat. I'm like, "okay now, that's enough i'm going back downstairs I have to check on the baby and whoever calls." I just kept trying to open that door and finally it budged. It was at the downstairs part where the power went off (OK NOW IM REALLY SPOOKED). I started to freak out and just went straight for the phone. I called my friend but he didn't answer. So I went into the basement to try to fix the power. I fixed it after 20 minutes. I went back upstairs, then I saw the baby still sleeping.

God, this house is creeping me out... I don't know what should I do in the meantime. I just had to watch some boring television, until my friend comes back. So finally he comes back - drunk. I couldn't believe he was drinking, as I never saw him drink before. He just goes to his room then falls on his bed without saying a word. I try to make him talk, but it's no use. He was knocked out. I just went home then, thinking he's probably tired from his job. The next day I called, and he didn't answer. This time he was missing because someone had told me. I didn't know what happened ever since....

Porcaline dolls (sp)' date=' they are tools of Satan himself! I dont even know why I hate them that much.[/quote']

You would hate my house then, because i have them in every room.

My husband hates them too, he thinks they are going to come to life one night and get him. Actually none of m friends like them either. :lol

I did until recently have a pet spider called Delilah, she was a chilean rose. She ruled. You'd have loved her eyes adrift.

Two things spook me out. One is sharks, but I do have an actual phobia as opposed to kinda being spooked out. If they come on tv I hyperventilate and feel dizzy and have to leave the room. With all the adverts on recently for Open Water I've been doing that a lot. I've not been in any sea since I was about 8. I realise there are no sharks in UK seas but I still won't go in.

The other thing is furbies. I swear they're possessed by the devil. those little gits freak me out completely.

As for porcelain dolls, I love them. I have a few myself and I can see why people would think they are freaky, I think that's why I like them so much.

Needles freak m out. Not just when im getting one myself (It actually took 4 doctors to hold me down when I was 10 and one got a foot squarly in the jaw, no joke) But I cannot look at one being used. even on TV. Example? Well I've seen Pulp Fiction about 5 times and still don't know whether the camera actually shows the syringe puncturing Uma thurmans heart. I always look away. Oh, and Churches spook the hell out of me. Especially at night. Walking past one just seems scary as hell.

I had a really horrible dream a few nights ago, it really freaked me out. There was another me right in fron of the real me but he had a horrible creepy smile and he was slashing himself with razors and laughing about it. I woke up nd sat up gasping then loked round and he was still there, in the bed nex to me, laghing and slashing at his arms. I ran into the bathroom and was looking in the mirror, i remember expecting it to be like a horror movie where he would be right behind me but then my reflection started grinning, picked up a razor from the sink and slashed itself across the face. Thats when i woke up.

It kinda freaked me out

In all honesty, thats one f**ked up dream. I got a bit freaked out just reading it. I sometimes have dreams where i know it's a dream, and the only way to wake up is to die in the dream. Usually something is chasing me and I just stop and let them catch me because I know it will get me the hell out of there. Pretty disturbing stuff.

When I hear statistics like "there's five rats for every person" or "you're never standing more than ten feet from a rat" that freaks me out BIG time. I absolutely hate rats with a passion. I'm not too fond of insects either. Maggots and earwigs especially make my skin crawl. When I was a kid, I used to check my pillow for insects every night before I'd go asleep. Thank God I've grown out of that :roll

As for dreams, thankfully mine tend to be confusing rather than scary (the ones I can remember, that is)

I did until recently have a pet spider called Delilah, she was a chilean rose. She ruled. You'd have loved her eyes adrift.

As long as i didn't have to touch her i would be perfectly fine.

As for porcelain dolls, I love them. I have a few myself and I can see why people would think they are freaky, I think that's why I like them so much.

Same here.

My girlfriend has a few and so does my mum and i always liked the fact they freaked people out as i'm strange like that.

I love freaky shit as long as it's not Spiders.

Weird lights in the sky always spook me out. i know theres a perfectly reasonable explanation, but ive got deep fear of them since i read a really chilling book when i was 9. It was fiction, called Grinny. has anyone read it?

I dont like sleeping if theres no noise outside. I like the sound of traffic etc, sounds safer.

And wasps.........evil.