Latest On Terminator 4

PHIZZLE

Will Arnold have time to be the terminator and the governor?

Warner Bros. is looking to start production on Terminator 4 early next year. At the time, Arnold Schwarzenegger will will still be working as the Governor of California. He may return, though in a very limited capacity. Early reports indicate that a new terminator model will be introduced.

John Brancato and Michael Ferris have completed a draft of a script that was developed under the supervision of T3 director Jonathan Mostow. Mostow is expected to return to the director's chair, while it is unknown whether Nick Stahl and Clare Daines will return to their respective roles.

Credit: Variety

The fact is, an all out war with man against machine has been teased for so long now that it's impossible not to deliver. T3's ending was so good that it made me forget the past hour and a half of rubbish, and want to finally get to see the war.

And hey, if T4 is made into the battle between man and machine, Arnie doesn't need to get involved. They could just use the robot form in the war (Which all the flashbacks/dreams have used anyway, I don't recall seeing 50000 Arnie clones on a battlefield), and perhaps if Arnie wants a cameo he could be the human soldier that is captured by the machines to duplicate his likeness.

The problem is that with T3's ending, it's very hard to go back to the usual format of "Terminator goes back in time to track down John Conner and stop him winning the war" when it looks like things are just about ready to kick off. It's not like they can start T4 with the world as normal and John going to McDonalds for a burger.

As far as I know Arnie has absolutely no chance of being in the film. Everything I've read from journalists, or from the man himself has said that he will never do another film again. I know that may well be a cock and bull story because he is now governor but if he was taking time off to be a part of the Terminator film, a film which blatantly doesn't need him to be in it then I'm sure he realises it would raise questions about his suitability for the Governor's job in the first place.

That said he wouldn't be the first celebrity to 100% confirm that he would never do something again, only to go and do it again a few months later

Archived