Spanky TNA U-turn, Gunn, Outsiders

Fletch

It seems even after Spanky filmed some debut vignettes at impact a few weeks ago he has since backed out of working for TNA between his Zero One bookings. Its a bit of a blow for TNA as Spanky would have been a big signing and indeed an excellent one for them. he would of probably been used to add some credibility to the X Divsion.

It seems Billy gunn has been pulled for the active WWE roster with WWE officialys telling Gunn to get himself sorted out before they talk to him again. This most likely stems from a lot of heat from management. Of course theres a good chance that gunn is already talking to TNA and with BG james already in TNA theres a chance he could come to TNA soon. And lets not forget he was at TNA impact tapings to watch nto so long ago. Heres hoping for a 2004 reunion of the New Age Outlaws.

And finally it seems Kevin nash and Scott Hall will be at TNAs first ever monthly 3 hour pay Per View Victory Road. talks are stil ongoing between both TNA and Hall/Nash but TNA are very keen to get the big names in to try draw in new viewers. Of course thats not the only news, we hear now its probably that Syxx (X-Pac in WWE) could well be rejoining TNA and his buddies. From what i hear the plan is to possibly have the 3 men as some sort of nWo/Outsiders faction and have them face the 3 Live Kru at Victory Road or shortly after. Of course you cant completly rule out the chance of the nWo coming to TNA as its most probable that WWE didnt renew the copyright on it when it was up.

interesting news. I don't see Spanky as as big a blow as most would to be honest. Sure he would be a decent signing but nothing that would attract new viewers short term, something which they desperately need to do.

no doubt with a decent push and the right writing surrounding his character they could create a star out of him but no more so than they could with someone like chris sabin or michael shane. (incidentally i think shane sucks, but most people don't seem to).

billy gunn i actually think would be a really interesting signing for them. he does have a bit more of a superstar feel than most of their roster and he has plenty of history with guys already there, like road dogg, x pac etc if they sign pac. it could make for some interesting angles and gunn's not that bad. he's a solid enough worker who can talk well enough to hold his own in TNA.

the Outsiders, name value is good and I still can't help marking out when I hear Scott Hall say "hey yo". If they keep them away from the World title and have them involved in upper midcard tag feuds and angles then I'll be well happy with the signings. A 3 Live Kru, Outsiders feud with Killings, Konnan, BG James Vs Hall, Nash, Syxx has a lot of potential for good angles and mic work. My only concerns with signing Hall and Nash, and potentially Syxx are 1. that they will end up in the main event scene in and about the world title. I'd like to see them kept away from that as we've all seen Jarrett Vs Nash, Jarrett Vs Hall umpteen times before. 2. Nash will make most of the roster look even more midget like than they already do, and he'll make their big guys look fairly average looking too.

Other than that I wouldn't have a problem with any of those signings. All would spark a bit of interest in different ways for me.

I don't care much about Spanky. He wasn't verry good in WWE I don't know about anywhere else though. I think signing Hall and Nash is verry good for TNA, it would be great to see the Outsiders with the tag belts and Scott Hall with a possible World Title belt. Syxx just didn't fit in verry well with the X division when they gave him the title so hopefully he will stay out of that.

Archived