***Official Raw Thread - 27th September 2004***

Kam

Preview:

HELLO, CHRISTY

Sept. 27, 2004

The WWE will welcome its newest Diva on RAW Monday.

Christy Hemme, who just last week won the $250,000 RAW Diva Search, will get a party thrown in her honor by Women’s Champion Trish Stratus.

Also, what will be the fallout from the tragic news Kane and Lita received last week, as the couple lost their baby?

We also move one week closer to Taboo Tuesday, what major ramifications could the WWE’s first-ever interactive pay-per-view have for the entire RAW roster?

From what I saw Raw looked ok... but Jeez...

...they are just completely killing Kane's career. Sometimes you really do have to feel sorry for Kane with the amount of absolute shite he's had to put up with with his character.

I know I hate the angle but one thing I think has come out of this well is the ready made "Baby Killer" gimmick for that Snitsky guy. I like him, I like the gimmick and I think for him this could be good to get him established before they can then move on to giving him a less silly gimmick.

Yeh I know I was complaining about the angle being sick last week but I think that was different, with Lita acting like a traumatised woman etc. Apart from Snitsky this angle has to go down in history as one of the WORST ever in WWE history... and it could only get worse if say Snitsky then rapes Lita.

And jeez, you never know.

Raw wasn't bad but I agree that the whole baby thing is really dire. Snitsky shouldn't be speaking. I'm assuming Kane is a face now.

The rest of the show was rather good though. The Triple H v Benjamin match was decent.

They are making it so obvious that the World Title belt is all about Orton and Triple H. The three possible challengers for Triple H's belt basically got no exposure at all this week. Well Michaels did but he ended up getting pinned by Christian, which I have no problem with but it hardly makes him look worthy of winning the belt. Edge was nowhere to be seen and Benoit was in a small backstage segment. Speaking of Benoit, he appears again on Heat, this time against Rodney Mack. :roll

Anyway, decent show and I'd expect it to be Orton v Flair at Taboo Tuesday.

I thought Mack was no longer a WWE wrestler.

Is that so? I never heard that before? He wrestled Benoiton heat before not long ago, atleast I think it was him?

I thought RAW was good this week, but why Val Venis was on it I don't know :roll And Snitsky for that matter, once this angle is over and Kane destroys him, he should be sent back to OVW for a long time IMO. If they want to establish him, they've already done wrongly but letting him speak :lol

The segments with Ric Flair were especially my favourites this week, they were pretty emotional, even from a fans standpoint. The Triple H match was decent, and the Batista Vs Orton match was turning out to be decent, but I guess it had to end in that way to get Flair over the way they did.

Anyhow, a good show and I suspect most enjoyed it.

Oh yeah the Eugene Segments sucked as well... :devil

Mack's been wrestling on Heat for the last three months. You guys should really catch Heat as its been such a good show this year match wise, giving the lower card guys chances against the likes of Benoit. I see the positive side of it, Mack gets the chance to work with a great talent like Benoit rather then it just being Benoit relegated to Heat. If he and others like Edge/Christian/Benjamin etc have nothing to do on Raw, have them wrestle on Heat to give the lower card guys some rub and a chance to work with the top talents. I think its great, and its made Heat great.

Did anyone else think Triple H's segment was hilarious? Man, if anything proves he's getting to his best (at least mike wise) this must be it. I also though the Flair/Orton bit was amazing. As far as TT goes. Now that Ortons out (at least for the time being) Do you think they'll

A: Screw continuity and any semblense of keeping their word and have Orton in a 'if you win your back in the vote' match. or

B: Oh hang on, there isn't a B

A Huge improvement on last weeks show, although that isn't saying much. And as much as I hate the Diva search thing, Chrissy is by far the hottest chick on Raw.

They'll definately follow Plan A Welsh Scouser unless they planning on having Flair/Orton on the basis of that segment. If they follow your plan A (which I don't doubt they will as they are trying hard to force Orton down our throats) it'll only further convince fans to vote for the match the WWE obviously want, HHH/Orton. What annoys me is how Edge and Shawn Michaels are two of the choices, Edge has done nothing to warrant being except like Orton the WWE trying to force the crowd to like him and Michaels should be facing Christian at the PPV not next week at Raw.

It could be possible that Michaels faces Christian at "Taboo Tuesday" since I see that these two are going to feud (I think so).

Christian and Shawn Michaels will face each other on next week RAW.

I don't really like the Christian and Tyson Tomko gimmick because its boring now. But oh well. It's WWE's decision.

Edited by Venture

Edge has done nothing to warrant being except like Orton the WWE trying to force the crowd to like him

Actually, im a big Edge fan. And have been waiting semi-patiently since he won King of the Ring for his title shot to come. Before his injury he was on of the top 4 wrestlers on Smackdown (with Angle, Benoit and Mysterio). I just can't put my finger on why his comeback was so poorly recieved and hasn't picked up since.

On another note, who the hell is this baby killer guy? It seems I say this every week, but not another one. How many six footer, talentless, personality by-passed lugs do we now have? Although it does explain why a jobber made an apperance on Raw for the first time in God knows how long. And on a show with the talent on offer, he gets the mike?

Im pretty annoyed about the options for TT. Not only have these guys (apart from Edge) been in the main event anyway, its actually been so long since one of them wasn't I cant even remember. The whole point was supposed to be 'pick anyone to face him' Instead we get the same group of guys who always face him anyway. Even if it wasn't rigged I couldn't be arsed to vote.

it would have been a lot better if you could have picked anyone

TBH, the only way WWE could do this type of interactive stuff is by giving the public definite choices, rather than letting them choose whoever they want. If you give them a choice of A, B, C or D, it become easier to "fix" the voting to suit themselves ( *cough* not that they would of course *cough* :devil ).

HHH vs Benjamin was boooooooooooooring :sleep

Apparantely Kane will be Face as hes been destroying Snitsky at House Shows in under a minute and getting massive pops

Snitsky vs Venis, i wonder who was going to win that one :roll

Why is Edge one of the options, like anyone is gonna pick him :roll

I can see Eugene vs Bischoff at Taboo Tuesday beeing the Loser gets his head shaved, and id imagine Eugene would lose.

Orton vs Batista was ok but nothing worth shouting about.

An Average Raw i thought.